Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    good morning
    Congrats on the new treadmill, Irene, enjoy!
    Ed, your advent selection sounds yummy.
    Jo, I've never heard of a button trees, and ugly sweaters are fun. I'm looking forward to seeing them!
    It's currently 32F here too. brrr. Considerable clouds this morning. Some decrease in clouds later in the day. High near 45F. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a fun weekend! 😄🎈🎉🍷🍸
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 10 (Celsius) foggy degrees with an expected high of 11 under overcast skies and 100% chance of precipitation.

The day 11 Advent calendar wine is Singing Snowman white blend from Hungary. I'm getting quite the European wine tour with this calendar. The Advent calendar cheese for the day is white blend black pepper Gouda. The Advent calendar chocolate is an orange mousse caramel truffle.

You can read the narrative about the wine at:

https://www.holidaymagicwines.com/singingsnowman

x558qajkbudh.png

diecwuwxotfl.png

8ah9i04skh3r.png

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    oops, this didn't post this morning, it's been raining and it's up to 39F now.

good morning
    It's still dark out, been up for a while, not sleeping well.
    One of our friends had a stroke last Wednesday. He's still in the hospital, doing pretty well. I think they know more after a full week.
    It's currently 38F, a few showers this morning with overcast skies during the afternoon hours. High around 45F. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a peaceful Sunday. 🕊️☔
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Here are the photos of my weekend projects.
    gmgfsfxtg4uz.jpeg
    mw2x5fqaikuh.jpeg
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    We have had light snow on Saturday night and on and off snow on Sunday. It is enough that we will have to clear off the cars and push a little snow from the driveway.
    Today is the last day of my vacation. I accomplished a lot last week at home.
    Irene-Enjoy your new treadmill.
    Ed-Did you enjoy your advent treats last night?
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 11 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 14 and 24% chance of precipitation.

Joanne, those button trees are cute! I like the ugly sweater too. I've been enjoying my Advent calendars every day. It's fun taking a virtual tour of Europe (at least so far) with the wines.

Clearly the people in charge of this year's Aldi wine calendar had fun putting the whole package together, with a web page for each day that includes a brief video, along with a few paragraphs about the wine and the area the grapes are grown. This is the first year I recall all that extra work being put into it and it makes it so much more fun.

Day 12 of the Advent wine calendar presents Hibernate With Me vino rosso from Italy. The cheese Advent calendar presents vintage Cheddar. The chocolate for the day is a mousse au chocalat truffle.

The video and brief text narrative on the wine can be viewed here:

https://www.holidaymagicwines.com/hibernatewithme

4ehqpi2239n0.png

kocvhrroezmd.png

8lwc7owllrm2.png

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,162 Member
    good morning,
    Jo the button trees are so cute i also like the sweater.
    take care
  • parityanimal
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:

Homoglyph and Unicode Phishing Scams

You may be wondering what homoglyphs and Unicodes are.

Homoglyphs are letters or characters that look similar. For example, the character “e” looks similar to the character “ė”. Unicode is a unique code assigned to characters so that any platform or program can understand them. For example, the Unicode for “e” is U+0065, and the Unicode for “ė” is U+0117. Now, cybercriminals are taking advantage of homoglyphs and Unicodes in phishing emails to imitate legitimate organizations.

In a recent scam, cybercriminals send you an email that uses homoglyphs and Unicode to offer you a fake promotion. The email includes a link to log in to receive your promotion. For example, to make the email look more legitimate, cybercriminals could send the email using “N□ėt□fli□ⅹ.com” as the sender. The □ symbol indicates a Unicode character that is not supported in your internet browser, but your browser will automatically omit these unsupported characters when displaying text. In this example, the sender's email address would display as "http://Netflix dot com/". If you don’t notice the spoofed domain and enter your login credentials, cybercriminals can access your account and steal your sensitive information.

Follow the tips below to stay safe from homoglyph and Unicode scams:

• Even if the sender’s email address appears to be from a trusted domain, the email could be fake. This technique can be used to impersonate any organization, brand, or even a person.

• When you receive an email, stop and look for red flags. For example, watch out for text with odd spacing or characters that look strange.

• Never click a link in an email that you aren’t expecting. If the email claims that you need to log in to your account, log in to the organization’s website directly to verify any offers or promotions.

The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4 dot com
  • eku0
    good morning
    Ed, thanks for the continuing tips, comics, and pictures of your advent goodies.
    Irene, hope you are enjoying your new treadmill.
    Jo, those button trees are really cute, and you did a great job with the sweater. I like plaids for the holidays. Glad you had a good week off!
    It's currently 39F, overcast. High 41F. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph.
    The Geminid meteor shower will be strong tomorrow night, but I don't think I'll be up after midnight.
    I started wrapping holiday gifts yesterday, but didn't get very far. Kept getting distracted. Maybe I can finish up today, and make a list of other gifts I want to shop for. We're planning to have our family party next Sunday.
    Wishing all a happy new week. 🕊️🌠🎁🦄🎅🍭🕎🎄
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 7 (Celsius) chilly, mostly cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 10 and 14% chance of precipitation.

Day 13 of the Advent wine calendar presents Winter Vacation Chenin Blanc from the Western Cape, having moved off the European continent, to South Africa. The cheese Advent calendar presents jalapeño Gouda. The chocolate for the day is a Mascarpone truffle.

https://www.holidaymagicwines.com/wintervacation

dkzak2dowp4i.png

uralrx27tm5w.png

y41gqi55vukr.png

• parityanimal
    wz5a3q3scrcm.png
  • eku0
    Good morning
    Ed, another winning advent day. I didn't know that about poinsettias. How pretty!
    I have some errands to run this morning and then clay crafters this afternoon, so a busy day ahead.
    It's chilly, currently 28F, sunny. High 42F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a good day. 🌞🍭🌠
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 7 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of ... 7 and 69% chance of precipitation. Another good day to stay in if possible, and it IS possible.

Day 14 of the Advent wine calendar presents It's Cold Outside Merlot from Italy, taking us back to Europe. The cheese Advent calendar presents smoked paprika Gouda. The chocolate for the day is a baked apple truffle.

https://www.holidaymagicwines.com/itscoldoutside

bg4aw0w5m9qp.png

lh2i8h9i7q90.png

970fy39wr964.png
  • eku0
    good morning
    Ed, those selections sound yummy.
    I'm making a couple of clay flowerpots, and getting our administrative things organized.
    Today, I will touch up the color in my hair, continue my gift process, and call a few people.
    Will see what else the day brings.
    It's currently 22F, a mix of clouds and sun during the morning will give way to cloudy skies this afternoon. High 41F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Expecting freezing rain overnight into tomorrow.
    Wishing all a happy 🐫 day. Stay warm. ;)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 8 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 11 and 10% chance of precipitation.

Day 15 of the Advent wine calendar presents Frigid Frolic Shiraz, taking us back to Western Cape, South Africa. The cheese Advent calendar presents mustard Gouda. The chocolate for the day is a crème brûlée truffle.

https://www.holidaymagicwines.com/fridigfrolic

zlk8m6kd6lig.png

x8lx57n1g0b6.png

ytswtomuhzsc.png
  • eku0
    good morning
    Ed, only 10 more days!
    I've been looking up some dessert recipes, my favorite, haha. Went out to try to shop yesterday, but wasn't really into it. May try again later.
    It's raining, cold, and gray. Icicles are hanging from all the trees. It would be pretty if the sun was shining.
    It's currently 33F, cloudy with periods of rain. High 43F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph. Rainfall may reach one inch.
    Wishing all a smooth Thursday. ☔🕊️
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,162 Member
    good morning,
    we are getting a lot of rain and wind today i am going for an x ray of my foot.
    take care
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have a chilly, clear 2 (Celsius) degrees (feels like 0) with an expected sunny high of 11 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Day 16 of the Advent wine calendar presents Holly Jolly sweet vino rosso from Italy. The cheese Advent calendar presents mustard Gouda in a surprise repeat as that was the cheese yesterday as well. The chocolate for the day is a cappuccino truffle.

https://www.holidaymagicwines.com/hollyjolly

y4o7wyh7ieqx.png

if3l6xe7glqt.png

tsvthyquz23y.png

• eku0
    good morning
    Irene, sounds like you're getting the weather we had yesterday. Good luck with your foot x-ray.
    Ed, sweet wine sounds good about now.
    It's currently 43F and sunny here, yay for the sun! A mix of clouds and sun expected today. High 46F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.
    I have an acupuncture appt this a.m. and will see what else the day brings.
    Wishing everyone an easy Friday, yay weekend! 🌞🍷🕎🎄
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning,
    Rainy and windy here also.
    Irene-Good luck with your foot x-ray.
    Ed-interesting about the poinsettia tree.
    Vix-I hope you had better luck with your shopping.
    Hubby took 2nd place in the ugly sweater contest.
    Today is cookie baking. It will be a busy day. Will post pics.
    Have a great day! :)