Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    good morning
    7ikz0ckmwn6a.png

Cold here today, currently 22F, sunny to partly cloudy. High 43F. Winds light and variable.
    I have an acupuncture appt this morning, and need to do some clean up at home.
    Wishing all a happy holiday 🐫day! 🕊️🕎🎄🎁🍪
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 4 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 9 and 10% chance of precipitation.

Day 22 of the Advent wine calendar presents Snow Fun Rosato from Puglia in southern Italy. The cheese Advent calendar presents Mediterranean Gouda. The chocolate for the day is a mousse au chocolat truffle.

The video and brief text narrative on the wine can be viewed here:

https://www.holidaymagicwines.com/snowfun

x22c88qzy8xt.png

or9vjxzlciog.png

2om60yeacq8o.png

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    good morning
    Our housecleaner is scheduled to come this morning. And we are having our family party at my son's house early evening. I'm going to bake an apple bundt cake for dessert.
    It's currently 34F and raining. High around 45F. Winds ENE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall may reach one inch. I'm happy it's not ice and snow!
    Wishing all a happy Thursday. 🕊️🎁🕎🎄🍪
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-have a wonderful time at the party. apple bundt cake sounds delicious.
    Ed-have you been enjoying all of your advent treats?
    We are supposed to get heavy rain and wind later tonight into tomorrow. Then the temp. is going to drop and we may have icy patches.
    Today was steady at work, I suspect tomorrow and Saturday to be very busy.
    Have a pleasant evening. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday!

We have -8 (Celsius) fair degrees (feels like -18), mostly sunny, with an expected toasty high of -7 and wind gusts.

While not glad to hear that Mike is in the hospital, it's good to know that he is being cared for. I'm sure he will hate spending Christmas in the hospital, but hopefully they'll get his issues all resolved.

I have been thoroughly enjoying my Advent calendars and will be a bit sad after opening the final doors tomorrow but can look forward to next year and more fun!

Day 23 of the Advent wine calendar presents Cozy Fire Chardonnay from Spain. The cheese Advent calendar presents Gouda. The chocolate for the day is a baked apple truffle.

https://www.holidaymagicwines.com/cozyfire

gqwfpyvya71o.png

4h90i07dlfcb.png

8wm0y68rmoi0.png

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    edited December 2022
    New type of phishing SMS scam to watch out for. Many people would panic and tap the link, but it's just trying to find out your personal information for nefarious purposes.

I just blocked the number.

nfugso8jpcha.png
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,162 Member
    good morning,
    I heard from Janet and Mike is in the hospital not sure what is wrong but I do know that he does have some health issues if I hear anything else I will let you all know
  • eku0
    hello,
    Sorry to hear Mike is in the hospital, I hope he'll be ok. Thanks, Irene.
    Thanks for the tip, Ed, and advent treats look yummy as usual. ;)
    Jo, I hope your weather isn't too bad.
    Our family party was wonderful, my son has done great work updating his house. Amazing!
    I had a massage this morning, which was great. It was chilly and snowed on my way there, but was sunny by the time I got out. We visited our friends this afternoon ( the husband had a stroke a few weeks ago), and it was really nice to see them. He's doing pretty well, thank goodness.
    The temps have been dropping all day. It's currently 8F and windy as heck. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!
    Partly cloudy. Windy. Low 6F. Winds W at 20 to 30 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
    Wishing all a happy holiday weekend, Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Winter Celebrations! 🕎🎄🕊️🎁🍷
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2022
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday and Christmas Eve!

We have -14 (Celsius) sunny degrees (feels like -22) with an expected partly cloudy high of -3 and 0% chance of precipitation.

The final day, day 24 of the Advent wine calendar presents Special Delivery Bordeaux red wine. The cheese Advent calendar presents truffle Cheddar. The chocolate for the day is a bourbon vanilla truffle.

https://www.holidaymagicwines.com/specialdelivery

It's kind of funny that yesterday's wine was Cozy Fire, as we did have a cozy fire in the fireplace. We lost power, briefly, twice in the afternoon and as it was so wickedly cold we got it going in case we ended up having to camp out in the living room.

I also scattered some stale Grape Nuts type cereal in the yard for the birds, figuring they'd need all the help they could get keeping warm on such a cold day. The cereal has no weird chemicals, or even any fats to go rancid, so they should be able to eat it.

26nwx8ds4sg8.png

qi1qqr1qi58h.png

srm815aelfhl.png

• parityanimal
    Dinah and Kiara don't know what to think of the fire. Orion likes the fake bear skin throw rug.

wpe8mzck5r3s.png

aav2ohndsf0e.png

2t25m08z4yss.png
  • eku0
    good morning
    Ed, the truffle sounds good. Very cold here too. We had a cozy fire last night too!
    It's COLD here, currently 5F, and I hear the wind whipping around. Partly cloudy. High 19F. Winds W at 15 to 25 mph. Higher wind gusts possible.
    Good day to stay in, make some soup, and stay cozy.
    Wishing all a happy holiday weekend! 🕊️🎁🕎🎄🍷🍪
    reindeer-christmas.gif
  • parityanimal
    I'm making our big holiday dinner today, so I won't have to cook much on Christmas day and we can just reheat leftovers. When I was growing up, we usually had it on Christmas Eve at with my maternal grandparents, at their house, with a lot of the extended family on that side.

Somehow Santa knew we were gone and delivered our gifts for us to find when we got home that evening. Wasn't that lucky for Mom and Dad? We didn't wake them up at the crack of dawn on Christmas morning.

So far I've made unflavored eggnog. Starting on the potato salad next.

aryvbstduww2.png

• parityanimal
    Well, we had our big Christmas dinner this afternoon, on Christmas Eve, per ancient family tradition. We'll have a light supper later this evening, of leftovers.

Deviled eggs, potato salad, Cheesecake Factory brown bread rolls, ham, broccoli Cheddar gratin, corn casserole.

A selection of tiny tarts for dessert, pumpkin, pecan, and mince pie.

A nice glass of red Bordeaux to wash it all down, the last bottle from my wine Advent calendar.

tpup1j8p4afg.png

5xkh42yb6tf0.png

71jct095hnmu.png

dlea7akp1bxp.png

z176bfqqe8vg.png

ivyd5edbp2rt.png
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Merry Christmas!
    Ed-Your dinner looks so good.
    It was cold yesterday but thankfully not icy.
    We had a nice dinner out last night. It is a restaurant that we will go back to again. My daughter had eggplant parm with homemade ziti. I had veal schnitzel and hubby had a mixed grill with lamb, steak, lobster tail and sausage over risotto.
    Vix-It is always nice to get together with family.
    Irene-Thanks for the update on Mike. I hope he is able to get home soon.
    Wishing everyone a happy day! :)
  • IreneMurman
    Merry Christmas
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have -8 (Celsius) sunny degrees (feels like -14) with an expected sunny, toasty high of 1 degree and 1% chance of precipitation. How refreshing to finally get above freezing for a bit.

I have the fire going again today. Breakfast will be ready shortly. Ham, of course, for Christmas breakfast. :)

No plans to do anything much today.

46fye9raf452.png

• eku0
    good morning
    3msgiq51dx16.png
    and Happy last night of Chanukah!
    sypk9l03up5d.png
    Ed, your dinner looks delicious.
    Jo, your dinner out sounds really good, lots of variety on the menu!
    Irene, I know you must be busy with the holiday.
    It's a little bit warmer today, currently 14F, sunny. High 28F. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph.
    Wishing all a lovely holiday! 🕊️🕎🎄🎁🍪🍷

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    George and I had a really nice day yesterday .We had friends over for dinner all was good. I eat too much food it all just came out really good.
    still real cold here but we don't have ice or snow so i guess we are lucky.
    hope everyone has a great day
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

Happy Boxing Day!

We have -6 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected high of 4 under partly cloudy skies and 1% chance of precipitation. It sounds like it will be a pretty nice day. I think I'll have...let's see...ham for breakfast! LOL.

• eku0
    good morning
    Irene, glad you had a nice holiday dinner with friends, and lots of delicious food.
    Ed and Jo, I'm sure you had a nice cozy holiday too.
    b42czikmiw0a.png
    I really like the idea of boxing day, spread the kindness and gifts.
    It's currently 16F, partly cloudy skies this morning will become overcast during the afternoon. High 31F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a sweet continuation of the long holiday weekend! 🕊️🕎🎄🍪