Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's sunny Saturday!

We have 4 (Celsius) sunny degrees (feels like 3) with an expected mostly sunny high of 15 and 1% chance of precipitation.

Well, I put in a full day Friday so had a lot of hours for the week, but by the end of the day it looked like everything was up and running. I'm sure I'll run into issues here and there but I feel I'm back to a point where I can become productive again. And I have a backup of EVERYTHING for reference.

Today I may get out for some groceries.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,162 Member
    good morning
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 10 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected high of 13 under cloudy skies and 62% chance of late afternoon showers.

I got out to PetSmart and Walgreen's yesterday but probably need to get out to Kroger today.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    good morning
    Glad you got everything up and running, Ed. Good to get the shopping done.
    Hi Irene and Jo.
    Jo, I hope you're feeling better. And I hope your work is accommodating you fairly.
    It's currently 32F here. A mix of clouds and sun early followed by cloudy skies this afternoon. Slight chance of an afternoon shower. High 44F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
    Stay safe and healthy, everyone. Wishing all a peaceful Sunday. 🕊️🌤️
  • parityanimal
    edited January 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 6 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees (feels like 3) with an expected partly cloudy high of 12 and 3% chance of precipitation. We're expecting a cold night with a low just below freezing.

Back to work this morning and I'll find out how well I did with setting up the new machine. I do have some code to update as I changed the installation directory for one piece of software and need to update my pointers to that in a couple of dozen places, and I have to change the SQL server name in about as many places to match my new machine's SQL server name. We'll probably also be packing up the old one to send back today.

• parityanimal
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:

Real Facebook Page, Fake Facebook Support

Facebook pages are typically used by organizations and public figures to connect with their community. Anyone can make a Facebook page, even cybercriminals. Using social media, cybercriminals spoof brands and organizations to trick people into trusting them. In this recent scam, cybercriminals use real Facebook pages to impersonate Facebook itself.

The scam starts with a fake email that looks like it’s from Facebook. The email states that your account has been deactivated and will be deleted in 48 hours unless you click a link. If you click the link, you’re taken to a real Facebook post from a page named “Page Support” that uses the Facebook logo. The post directs you to click another suspicious link that takes you to a fake login page. If you enter your login credentials, you’ll give cybercriminals access to your Facebook profile and the ability to scam your friends and family.

Don’t be fooled! Follow the tips below to stay safe from similar scams:
    • Watch out for a sense of urgency in emails. Phishing attacks rely on impulsive actions, so always think before you click.
    • Remember that this type of attack isn’t exclusive to Facebook. Cybercriminals could use this technique on any other social media platform.
    • If you receive an urgent notification, verify that it's legitimate. Navigate directly to the organization's website or official app to view details.

The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4 dot com

• eku0
    edited January 2023
    good morning
    Sounds like you still have a lot of work to get your new laptop up to speed.
    I made some hot and sour soup yesterday. Delicious!
    I had problems sleeping last night, got up for a couple of hours, read, iced my sacroiliac.
    It's a chilly, bright sunshiny morning here. Will see where that takes me.
    It's currently 38F, sunny. High 46F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.
    Wishing all a pleasant new week. 🌞🕊️
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning,
    I went back to work on Friday and Saturday. Yesterday was my day off, so it is back to work today. I am feeling better, just a stuffy nose. I have been wearing my mask if I go out and I will also wear it to work.
    I called and made an appt. with social security to apply for my retirement benefits. I have an appt. for Feb.6. It is all done over the phone now.
    Vix-Happy birthday to your sister. I hope her recovery goes smoothly.
    Ed-Good luck with the new laptop.
    Hi Irene.
    We had a touch of snow yesterday morning. By the end of the week the weather here will be close to 60, unusual for January.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 1 (Celsius) chilly clear degree with an expected toasty, sunny high of 16 and 3% chance of precipitation.

Testing things on the new computer, and getting some things done.

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    Jo i imagine wearing a mask all day is hard hopefully its not too bad. Glad you are feeling better.
    Ed or Jo have either of you heard from Mike hoping he is ok.
    Vix its hard when you can't sleep maybe you can take a nap.
    take care everyone
  • eku0
    good morning
    Jo, glad you are feeling better. Congrats on getting your retirement appt. I'm surprised it's not done online by now. Thanks, my sister is still not communicating well, not answering her phone, but I send her an email or text every day, and get a gif or one line response occasionally. I'm happy she's in a rehab facility where they can keep an eye on her, and help her recover.
    Hi Irene.
    Ed, seems like you're up and running. That's good.
    I called a friend yesterday who I haven't talked with in ages. We had actually trained for our jobs together when we were just out of college. What a fun conversation!
    I will go to clay crafters today.
    It's 33F and overcast this a.m. Partly cloudy this morning, then becoming cloudy during the afternoon. High 44F. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a creative Tuesday. 🕊️🦄🐒🐲
  • parityanimal
    good morning,
    Jo i imagine wearing a mask all day is hard hopefully its not too bad. Glad you are feeling better.
    Ed or Jo have either of you heard from Mike hoping he is ok.
    Vix its hard when you can't sleep maybe you can take a nap.
    take care everyone

I have not heard anything. I presume he is still in the hospital but hope he is OK.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 4 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 16 and 22% chance of precipitation. We're expecting a cold front to come through late tomorrow and, though tomorrow's high should be fairly warm, that front is expected to cause temperatures to plunge for the next couple of days, with below freezing Friday night and Saturday night, and neither day getting all that warm.

More fresh testing to do at work today. Corned beef hash for breakfast.

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    Ed thanks for letting me know ,I haven't heard anything hope he is ok. Its so amazing how we worry about people we never met.
    Jo when I retired I did everything on line I guess every state is different.
    Hi Vix
  • eku0
    good morning
    Hi Ed and Irene.
    Jo, I hope work's going well and you're feeling ok.
    It's currently 28F here. A mix of clouds and sun during the morning will give way to cloudy skies this afternoon. High near 45F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. It looks like it won't get over the 30s on Saturday, but the rest of the 10 day forecast is highs of 40s and 50s with not much sun, maybe some rain and snow showers thrown in next week.
    I have an acupuncture appt this morning, and an appt with the pain Dr. this afternoon.
    That's about it for today.
    Wishing all a happy 🐫day. 🕊️
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 12 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 19 and 96% chance of precipitation that could include severe storms with hail and possible tornadoes. Should be an interesting day anyway.

I need to finish writing some documentation today and start testing another process.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, I hope you don't get the severe storms. Stay safe.
    It's currently 41F here. Cloudy early, then off and on rain showers for the afternoon. High 51F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
    I had some more trigger point injections for my neck and shoulder yesterday, going back Friday for a lumbar epidural. I hope that's the last one for a while.
    Will see what today brings.
    Wishing all a satisfying Thursday. 🌤️🕊️
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good evening;
    Irene-I have not heard anything from Mike. I too hope he is doing ok.
    Ed-good luck with your testing.
    Vix-I hope the shots give you some relief.
    My last day of work will be Feb. 11. I am looking forward to not having to get up early every morning.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 6 (Celsius) cloudy degrees (feels like 2) with an expected cloudy high of only 6 or 7 so right now is about as warm as it will get today, and it is getting cooler now, though supposed to warm back up to 6 for the midafternoon. There is 15% chance of precipitation. The forecast calls for plummeting temperatures this evening and a low of -2 (Celsius) tonight.

I have a few things to test today. I noticed a missing field in one export yesterday, so will have to retest that program today after the programmer updates it. And we are trying to make sure another new program gets a bit more thorough testing before we roll it out to production next week.

Well, my tea is ready, and I need to go find something for breakfast.

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    Jo you are going to love retirement ! Its so nice not having to get up early everyday but I do still get up early just so use to it.
    have a great day everyone