Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Good morning
    Off to a massage in a little while, then out to brunch with a friend.
    It's currently 43F. Sun and clouds mixed. High 46F. Winds WNW at 15 to 25 mph. Higher wind gusts possible.
    Wishing all a happy Friday, and a fun weekend ahead! 🌤️🕊️🥂
  • eku0
    good morning
    The massage and brunch was nice yesterday. I had a Crepe Italienne, yum. Always good to catch up with friends.
    No special plans for today. Will see what the day brings.
    It's currently 38F. Cloudy skies this morning will become partly cloudy this afternoon. High 43F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.
    Wishing all a great weekend. 🥂
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's sunny Saturday!

We have 3 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected partly sunny high of 13 and 2% chance of precipitation.

I have some laundry to fold, and I need to get out for a few groceries.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,162 Member
    Good Saturday morning,
    Our weather here was 39 when we walked this morning not complaining I know the cold weather and snow will come sooner or later.
    I like having the washer and dryer on same floor we live in a rancher all one floor sure makes things easier.
    take care
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    Nothing new here, just counting down the days until retirement.
    I have been making a list of all the things that I need to do around the house. That should keep me busy until the weather is warm enough to get out in the yard. I will then have a whole new list of things to do.
    Today my daughter and I are taking a clay class. It should be fun, I have always wanted to try it.
    Have a great day! :)
  • eku0
    edited January 2023
    good morning
    Jo, how exciting! Only 3 more weeks! Enjoy your clay class. Are you hand building or trying the wheel?
    Irene, it's nice having everything on one floor, so much easier.
    Ed, laundry and groceries and hopefully some time for fun and relaxation this weekend.
    We spent some time with the grandchildren yesterday. So much fun!
    Catching up around the house today.
    It's currently 31F. Cloudy skies with periods of rain this afternoon. High 41F. Winds SE at 10 to 15 mph.
    Wishing all a relaxing Sunday! ☕☔🕊️
  • parityanimal
    edited January 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous soggy Sunday!

We have 4 (Celsius) cloudy degrees (feels like 2) and rain off and on. The expected high is 7 under cloudy skies with 90% chance of rain.

That laundry is still in the dryer, waiting for me to fold it. I did get the grocery shopping done yesterday. I made some refried beans last night, along with some Spanish rice and heated up some frozen enchiladas for a nice hot supper. J and I were both feeling the cold air last night so I lit the fire too. I think Buttons was enjoying the fire while J and I were having supper.

After supper I made a vodka martini and sipped that while I watched some videos. J had a computer project to work on.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday!

We have 4 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees (feels like 1) with an expected partly cloudy high of 8 and 2% chance of rain. It's expected to get down well below freezing overnight.

I still have that laundry to fold. LOL. But we'll see what the workday brings too.————————————————————————————————————————————

• IreneMurman
    Good morning,
    Well it is rainy Monday here no plans for today.
    have a great day everyone
  • eku0
    good morning
    Ed, Mexican dinner sounds yummy.
    Irene, enjoy your easy day.
    Jo, did you have fun with the clay?
    Looks like the east coast is rainy today.
    It started raining here yesterday and it's still going.
    It's currently 34F. Cloudy with occasional rain...mainly in the morning. High 44F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
    Another new week. Wishing all an easy one. 🌧️ ☔☕
  • parityanimal
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:

Single Sign-On Smishing

Okta's single sign-on (SSO) service allows users to log in to multiple accounts by using one set of login credentials. Unfortunately, users aren't the only people who benefit from this service. Cybercriminals are taking advantage of Okta and other SSO services in a recent smishing (SMS phishing) scam.

To start this scam, cybercriminals send you a text message about an important update to one of your organization’s policies. The text message says to tap a link to read the updated policy. If you tap the link, you'll be taken to a fake Okta login page and prompted to enter your login credentials. Then, the cybercriminals can use your credentials to access your Okta account and other accounts linked through the service. Once they have access, the cybercriminals can steal sensitive information from you and your organization.

Follow the tips below to stay safe from similar scams:

• Always be cautious of unexpected text messages. While this scam targets Okta users, it could be used with any authentication service.

• Think before you click! Cyberattacks are designed to catch you off guard and make you act impulsively.

• Never tap on a link in a text message that you aren’t expecting. Instead, open your internet browser and navigate to the organization’s official website.

The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4 dot com

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    We had rain and then snow yesterday, a couple of inches.
    Vix-Clay class was fun. We used the wheel and hand building. I made a small bowl on the wheel and hand built a planter.
    Ed-thanks for all the scam info.
    Hi Irene.
    I have been working on my pension packet. There are so many options to consider.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have -3 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 12 and 2% chance of precipitation. It sounds like the afternoon will be relatively pleasant.

Not sure what the work day will bring, so we'll see. That laundry still awaits folding, probably after a fresh roll in hot air.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, sounds like a sunny day for you.
    Jo, that sounds like a really good clay class, glad you enjoyed it.
    Best wishes choosing your pension plan options! Get the good ones! Wow, snow. We've been spared so far (knock wood).
    Hi Irene.
    It's currently 34F. Sunny to partly cloudy. High 47F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph.
    I have my glaucoma check eye doc appt this morning, then clay crafters this afternoon. Busy day.
    Wishing all a good day. Stay warm. 🌤️☕👀
  • IreneMurman
    Good morning,
    It finally stopped raining here but it is a little chilly here. No snow yet but I am sure its coming.
    Not sure if i mentioned that I have a bone spur it sure does hurt haven't been putting in a lot of steps. I go to the foot Dr next Wednesday sure am looking forward to it.
    Jo it sounds like you are having fun with the clay.
    take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful wet Wednesday!

We have 9 (Celsius) rainy degrees (feels like 7) with an expected rainy high of 16 and 100% chance of precipitation.

We switched a validation process over last night to a new server and new software that my team wrote. My testing last night, and the other team members testing, looked good so it is in production. Hopefully the clients won't even notice the switch.

Still have that laundry to fold.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, glad your server and software transfer went well.
    Irene, I hope your Dr. can help with the bone spur. They can be painful.
    Hi Jo.
    It's currently 34F, very cloudy. Snow this morning will give way to rain this afternoon. High 43F. Winds ESE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Snow accumulations less than one inch.
    We spent some time with the grandchildren yesterday evening, fun. I have an acupuncture appt this morning. No snow yet.
    Wishing all a happy 🐫 day!
  • parityanimal
    Well, at the end of the day I had not heard of a single client having any issues validating, which made all of us feel really good about that two-hour late evening set up session.

Since we didn't have any issues there to deal with today, I got a lot of testing done, closed a bunch of QA tickets, and worked with one of the programmers on one issue that required some collaboration and long distance screen sharing.

I'll probably be testing his fix on that tomorrow, but I also have a couple of sessions with our technical support and management teams tomorrow (Thursday) to show them how to use the new validation tool, and one more on Friday. I have become the demo person for the development group as I probably spend more time in the programs, because of testing, than any of the programmers, and they aren't always cognizant of all the ins and outs of bits they didn't program. With team programming, the QA person, me, is really the first to see the big picture and the whole process.

Now I'm relaxing after work, sipping a vodka martini, and just put some frozen enchiladas in the oven for a somewhat late supper for tonight. I popped out to Lidl right after work, braving rush hour traffic but it wasn't too bad, and the wait in line at the grocery was short too.

I'll prepare some Mexican rice and refried beans to go with the enchiladas.

The laundry is still in the dryer. LOL. Not happening tonight. It's been a day.
  • parityanimal
    edited January 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 3 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees (feels like -1) with an expected partly cloudy high of 7 and 17% chance of precipitation.

I'm waiting for my tea to cool enough to drink without burning my lower lip. Hopefully a good day coming. Doing the presentations of the new software may really kind of give me a couple of breaks from testing.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, glad the validation software transition went so smoothly. Sounds like you got a lot of work done, and that you are getting a lot of satisfaction from your job. That's really good!
    It's currently 38F here. Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 44F. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph.
    Just sipping my coffee and getting ready to play my online games. Need to do some cleaning today and catch up around the house.
    Wishing all a pleasant Thursday. ☕🌤️