Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday!

We have 9 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 13 and 36% chance of precipitation. I guess last night's rain brought a cold front with it.

Vix, I'm really sorry about your sister.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,162 Member
    Good morning,
    Vix I am so sorry about your sister but at least you had a chance to see her.
    On a bright note our weather here is 60 it was great walking
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    edited February 2023
    good morning
    Thanks Ed, Irene, and Jo. I am thankful that I was able to see her.
    It's currently 50F here. Partly cloudy. Windy. High near 55F. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph. Higher wind gusts possible.
    I'm taking hubby for some pain shots this morning and errands to run this afternoon.
    Wishing all a good day.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-I am very sorry about your sister and am glad that you got to see her.
    Irene-I hope the PT helps with your foot pain.
    It is currently 59F, but a little windy. I have the slider open. It feels like a spring day.
    I noticed at work that the shovels have been marked down. I suspect it is because we haven't had any snow to actually shovel.
    I am all set with Social Security. Now I just have to straighten out the health insurance. Hubby is picking it up at his work.
    We have a new HR person at my work, so have been getting conflicting info on when my insurance ends. Today was supposed to be my last day of work and then I was going to take my 5 weeks vacation, so my official retirement date would be the end of March.
    HR says it doesn't work that way, but my union rep says it does. Union Rep was having a meeting with the higher ups and will call me later today with an answer. So for now I am working for the next 2 weeks so insurance will cover my doctor appointments.
    Have a great day! :)

• eku0
    good morning
    Jo, I hope they straighten out your insurance. I think your Union person is right! Let's hope they are so you can stop working now! Yay for retirement!
    It's currently 36F here. Sunny to partly cloudy. High 47F. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph.
    Wishing all a good weekend.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 11 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected high of 11 so we're already there. There's a good chance of afternoon, evening, and probably overnight rain. We'll see. I need to finish my tea, feed the cats, and get out for a few groceries. Hopefully I can beat the rain.

Jo I feel like your HR could be wrong too. While you are on vacation, you are technically still employed, but they may be considering you as retired as of the end of the last working day and just paying out the vacation as part of the retirement. When I left my government job that was the way it was worked. My leftover personal leave was paid to me in a lump sum shortly after retirement. My last day of work there was December 31, 2011 and that was my last day of employment too, regardless of the leftover vacation time.

Anyway, the cats are eying me hungrily so I'd best get on with it!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    I heard from Mike this morning he is home now . He was in the hospital and then rehab, glad he is doing good.
    take care everyone Jo I have no idea good luck.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous soggy Sunday!

We have 5 (Celsius) rainy degrees (feels like 3) and an expected cloudy high of 7 and 57% chance of rain, but I would say 100% since the claim is that it's raining now. I guess about 43% of the area is not getting rain, or something like that.

I have laundry that needs folding and may want to wash another load. Right now I may go and get the fire going, as it feels cold in the house.

• eku0
    good morning
    Good that Mike is back home after rehab. Thanks, Irene.
    Ed, raining here too.
    Jo, hope you got good news from your Union Rep.
    It's currently 35F here. Showers this morning becoming a steady rain during the afternoon hours. High 44F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a peaceful Sunday.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,
    well for all who's team are playing in the super bowl good luck
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    We went and picked up our clay pieces yesterday. Sorry the pictures are so big.
    qbw9pr3yt7c4.jpeg
    vxvu458eq5j1.jpeg
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning again,
    It is going to be 50F today, such mild weather for February.
    Today we are going to upgrade to new phones.
    I haven't decided if I am going to watch the Super Bowl.
    Head of HR says it is perfectly fine to take my vacations and then retire. So next Friday will be my last day of work and then I will be
    on vacation for the next 4 weeks. So my last official work day will be March 18th and I will be covered by insurance until the end of
    March. I hope there will be no more glitches.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 2 (Celsius) clear degrees (feels like -1) with an expected sunny high of 17 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Dinah and I got that first load of laundry folded and put away, but I have the second, larger load waiting in the dryer now. This one has sheets and towels in it, along with some regular clothes. It was the whites that got completed, and now all the rest is waiting patiently in there. Dinah and Kiara were both very helpful inspectors when I was remaking the bed.

Not sure which projects will be on the hot list today, but we'll see soon enough.

• eku0
    good morning
    Irene, I usually don't watch the super bowl, but I did. Didn't pick a side.
    Jo, always nice to have some hand made pots. Good work for the first time. I'm glad you got your retirement date approved. Yay, only one more week.
    Ed, I need to do laundry today too.
    I went to lunch with a friend on Saturday, and touched up my hair color yesterday. Also visited with the grandchildren over the weekend. Will do some laundry and catch up with some paperwork today.
    It's currently 37F. Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 56F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph.
    Wishing all a good day.
  • parityanimal
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:

Watch Out for Scams This Tax Season

In most countries, it’s cybercriminals' favorite time of the year: tax season. Taxes are a sensitive topic that can easily be used to catch your attention or manipulate your emotions. Over the next few months, cybercriminals will likely mention taxes in phishing attacks and disinformation campaigns.

Tax season is also a vulnerable time for your sensitive information. Tax documents from employers, banks, and other organizations typically include personally identifiable information. If cybercriminals get their hands on this information, they can use it to steal your identity, your money, and more.

Follow the tips below to stay safe during tax season:

• Always think before you click. Cyberattacks are designed to catch you off guard and trick you into clicking impulsively.

• Use extra caution when handling tax documents. For digital documents, use password protection. For physical documents, keep paperwork in a secure location and shred anything that is no longer needed.

• Be suspicious of emails, text messages, and social media posts that contain shocking information about taxes in your country. These messages could be disinformation, which is false information designed to mislead you.

The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4 dot com
  • parityanimal
    Tonight, for Monday supper, I let Eduardo out and indulged in a nice shepherd's pie. I splurged on the ground lamb, which is rather expensive, but will get three more meals out of it so it's not TOO bad.

al6b090w8m1m.png

9nxr8lw1yvgg.png

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 1 (Celsius) clear degree with an expected partly sunny high of 20 and 2% chance of precipitation.

No laundry left to fold, as I got that done yesterday. Some of the leftover shepherd's pie made a lovely breakfast.

• eku0
    good morning all
    g1ngtg5e8en8.png

Your shepherd's pie looks like nice comfort food, Ed.
    It's currently 37F. Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 58F. Winds light and variable.
    Clay crafters this afternoon. Hope to stop by and see the grandchildren after that.
    Wishing all a good day.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 12 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 17 and 59% chance of rain.

I'll be finishing off the shepherd's pie for breakfast in a few minutes.

• Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Happy belated Valentines day! <3
    Ed-your shepherd's pie looks so good!
    Vix-what are you making in clay class?
    Hi Irene-how is the PT going?
    My co-workers gave me a gift certificate to Muise Paint Bar, so my next project will be to paint a picture. It was on my bucket list, so should be fun.
    Today I am running errands and general house cleaning, dusting, vacuuming and such.
    It is supposed to get up to 56F today, so this afternoon I may get out in the yard and clean up a little. I lot of little twigs from all the wind we have been having.