Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,162 Member
    Good morning,
    we got a dusting of snow this morning. Most of the snow is in the grass .
    I go to the foot Dr this afternoon hope she can fix it so it stops hurting .
    take care everyone
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    good morning
    Good luck with the changes and testing, Ed.
    Good luck with the foot Dr. Irene.
    Hi Jo.
    We got a light dusting of snow overnight too. Pretty. It's currently 29F. Sunshine and a few clouds. A few flurries or snow showers possible. High 37F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.
    May stop at the library later to exchange books.
    Will see what the day brings.
    Wishing all a happy 🐫day!
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 7 (Celsius) rainy degrees (feels like 6) with an expected high of 9 and 99% chance of precipitation. I'd give that 100% for our house since I hear it raining.

I have some interesting things to work on today and still laundry to fold because I just haven't gotten around to it.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    good morning
    Ed, enjoy your work. I'm sure you'll get to the laundry when you need to. 😂
    It's currently 30F here. Overcast. High 43F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Our housecleaner is coming this morning and I have lots to do around the house today.
    Wishing all a pleasant Thursday. ☕☁️🌱
  • parityanimal
    edited February 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 4 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees (feels like 1) and I have the fire going. Dinah is laying on the fake bear skin rug in front of the fireplace. The expected high is 9 under partly cloudy skies with 2% chance of precipitation.

I wrote a couple of problem tickets yesterday and we got a few things done. We'll see what today brings.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, Dinah has the right idea for today!
    It's currently 27F and I hear the wind blowing. A mix of clouds and sun, with gusty winds developing this afternoon (already happening). High 28F. Winds NW at 20 to 30 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
    I have a massage appt this morning. I always look forward to that.
    Wishing you all an easy Friday and a great weekend ahead. ☕🌤️💨🥂
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-Are you on instagram? If so follow nancy.birtwhistle. That is how I found all the eco friendly information.
    It is currently 13 degrees and very windy. Tonight we will get to -9. Brrrr!
    I am off tomorrow and I think I will hunker down in the house, maybe make some soup.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sunny Saturday!

We have -2 (Celsius) sunny degrees (feels like -6) with an expected mostly sunny high of 10 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I'd like to get out to the grocery today. Not right now but when it warms up a little bit.

• eku0
    good morning
    It's currently 13F. Plentiful sunshine. High 31F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph.
    I had some bad news about my sister, so I think we're going to fly out for a few days.
    Take care. Have a good weekend.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    Vix-I am so sorry. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
  • eku0
    good morning all.
    Thanks, Jo. It's going to be a hard visit. Got a flight for later today.
    It's currently 29F. Overcast. High 49F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Take care.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

Sorry to hear about the bad news. Hopefully the flight will be on time and uneventful.

We have 3 cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 13 and 4% chance of precipitation.

We have our first dandelion and our first crocus. And we'll have daffodils blooming very soon.

ogx379mw5dff.png

9nnw0t59azan.png

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    Vix sorry to hear that you got bad news .Hope you have a good flight
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 4 clear degrees (or would that be moony degrees?) with an expected toasty high of 18 under sunny skies and 3% chance of precipitation.

Vix, I hope your flight went well.

Not a lot critical on the work agenda (that I know of) but I do need to get a software add-on installed on our demo server so I can show the sales team what it can do and they can begin selling/leasing it to more customers than the few we had leased it to during and just after development, because those few were the ones we polished it up for. We already had it in the back catalog, as J wrote it years ago, before I was hired, but didn't dig it up and start polishing it until last year. Now we have it ready for the wider market of our clients so that's exciting.

The demo I was supposed to do last week will be done tomorrow, as last Tuesday turned into "put out fires" day as far as the servers and services was concerned, and then someone change a firewall rule that basically locked out half of our galaxy, and it took engineering too long to figure that out. Not the greatest week, and even Friday was more about fixing problems than making progress on programming things, but we managed.

• parityanimal
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:

EkiNet Ticket Scams

EkiNet is a Japanese organization that sells tickets for area passes and train rides. Many people rely on EkiNet to buy transportation tickets every day. Now, cybercriminals are taking advantage of EkiNet’s popularity by impersonating EkiNet in a new phishing scam.

The scam starts with a phishing email that appears to come from EkiNet. This email states that EkiNet has detected unusual activity on your account. Then, the email states that you need to click a link to verify your account or your account will be terminated. If you click the link, you’ll be taken to a spoofed EkiNet login page. If you enter your login credentials, cybercriminals can use them to access your account for their malicious goals.

Follow the tips below to stay safe from similar scams:

• Remember that this type of attack isn’t exclusive to EkiNet. Cybercriminals could use this technique to impersonate any transportation service.

• Watch out for a sense of urgency in emails. Phishing attacks rely on impulsive actions, so always think before you click.

• Before you click a link, always hover your mouse over it. Make sure that the link leads to a legitimate, safe website that corresponds with the content in the email.

The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4 dot com

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 3 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 20 and 2% chance of precipitation.

I should be able to run this afternoon's demo, after spending more time than it should have taken to get the product installed and running on the demo system.

I need to get some honey mustard dressing made at some point in the day for our Taco Salad Tuesday tonight.

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    had my first pt yesterday foot is sore
    take care
  • parityanimal
    edited February 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 11 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 21 and 5% chance of precipitation.

I have my annual "Wellness" doctor visit this afternoon so will miss a bit of work, but I won't miss it TOO much. LOL.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 13 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 20 and 73% chance of precipitation.

Several projects to catch up testing on today. J pulled an all nighter working on a project. Hopefully he can take a nap today. At least if it does rain, no thunder or lightning is in the forecast.

• eku0
    good morning all
    I'm back. I'm sad, but glad I went to see my sister. My heart hurts, I don't want to let her go. She knows how much I love her and that all is well between us. Her son and daughter-in-law are very kind and loving, brought her home, and are taking care of her. Her good friend came to visit and will stay for a while and some of her grandchildren will be there starting on Friday. She is surrounded by love, which I guess is the best you can have.
    I hope you all are doing well. Wishing you a good day.