Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have -2 (Celsius) clear degrees (feels like -4) with an expected sunny high of 10 and 2% chance of precipitation.

It turned out I only had one presentation yesterday, and have two today. We discovered some minor issues with the first presentation but that one is always the learning session. Today's presentations should be smoother. I just have to clean up the database a bit and I'll be ready to go.

Laundry still needs folding.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    good morning
    Good luck with your presentations today, Ed. Sounds like you're ready to go.
    It's currently 31F. Forecast says snow flurries this morning will give way to partly cloudy skies during the day. High 41F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph. Looks partly cloudy now, and I was up early, but haven't seen any snow flurries. Sunshine is good. ;)
    I want to switch out my wreath today, need to make a backing for the next one. It's too big for the backing that I made for Halloween.
    Wishing all an easy Friday. Yay! Weekend! ☕🌤️🍷
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,162 Member
    Good morning,
    well we still didn't get snow here but North Jersey did .I am sure we will get it sooner or later.
    Ed good luck with your 2 presentations.
  • eku0
    good morning
    It's currently 34F. I see sunshine. :) A mix of clouds and sun during the morning will give way to cloudy skies this afternoon. High 53F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Irene, we haven't gotten any snow yet either. Easier to get around without it.
    Wishing all a fun weekend. ☕🌤️🥂
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sunny Saturday!

We have -2 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 14 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Still have that laundry waiting to be folded, and would like to get out to the grocery, perhaps when the temperature comes up a few degrees.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• IreneMurman
    good morning everyone,
    no big plans just mass tonight
    Ed my husband had the impossible burger which is made from plants he thought it was pretty good not sure if J would like it or not. George did have it like cheese burger just thought I would mention it
  • parityanimal
    Ed my husband had the impossible burger which is made from plants he thought it was pretty good not sure if J would like it or not. George did have it like cheese burger just thought I would mention it

Thanks for thinking of him, but he doesn't care for any of the vegetarian products that are trying so hard to pretend to be meat. He's a vegetarian because he really doesn't care for the texture or taste of meat, and red meat makes him feel quite ill. Likewise he doesn't care for poultry, fish, or seafood, or anything trying too hard to pretend to be those types of food, though he has tried them all in the past.

While he will, on rare occasions, eat something like TVP crumbles in a dish, he doesn't really care for them either, because of the texture.

He likes Morningstar Farms veggie "bacon" strips, but they aren't really meat like at all, reminding me of solid strips of Bacos maybe. I like the taste of them well enough too. They have to be cooked up crispy to be, in our opinions, edible. He does NOT like their veggie "sausage" patties or links as they seem way too meat like. I like the sausage patties but don't care so much for the links.

I have tried Beyond Burger and Impossible Burger and find them pretty tasty, but they don't fool me in the least. J tried a crumb of each, and it was a big NOPE. He can be picky about his veggies anyway, maybe the pickiest vegetarian I have ever known, but he wants his food to be unabashedly vegetarian and not pretending otherwise. LOL.

I am truly glad that he likes eggs and dairy, so at least we still have that on the menu.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    We went to see Hamilton yesterday. We enjoyed it very much. It was a long show, 3 hours.
    My children are vegetarians, so I have tried all of the meat substitutes and can say I am not a big fan.
    Yesterday it got up into the 50's and more of the same for today.
    I have an appointment with my financial advisor on Monday, hopefully will get some good advise about my pension.
    Only 2 more weeks of work, I am getting excited. I have started to make list of all the things I want to do.
    Have a relaxing Sunday! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 6 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 13 and 85% chance of precipitation.

J has a board meeting to attend this afternoon. I got out to PetSmart yesterday for cat food, but still need to get out for groceries. While I got the laundry folded and put away, I then ran a load of laundry so there is a different load now, waiting to be folded, in the dryer.

• eku0
    edited January 2023
    good morning
    Jo, how nice to go to a show! Everyone seemed to love Hamilton. I'm sure you're excited about retirement, you always do such fun things. I hope the financial advisor helps you make the best choices.
    Irene, it's nice sometimes to have meatless meals.
    Ed, I used to enjoy some of the morningstar farms products, but then stopped eating soy for a while. Now I just don't eat much processed food, but I do enjoy vegetarian meals. The hard part for me is getting enough protein. (It does help to add an egg or dairy).
    I'm doing some laundry this morning.
    Was hoping to see the grandchildren this weekend, but my son-in-law caught covid, so that's out. So far I think he's feeling ok, I hope it stays mild for him and goes away quickly. I'm so glad we have video phone calls!
    I'll see if I can get to any of my household to-do items that I keep putting off.
    It's currently 40F. Considerable cloudiness. Occasional rain showers this afternoon. High 47F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a relaxing Sunday. ☕🌤️🕊️

• IreneMurman
    Good morning,
    My husband does not eat much meat chicken every once in a while h does like his garden burgers with swiss cheese and a slice of red onion .
    Jo you must be getting really excited I remember when I decided to stop working so enjoy your time hope you get all your answers from your advisor it can be so confusing.
    Vix hope your son in law is felling better.
    take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    edited January 2023
    Well, I got out to Kroger and have to wonder, do they even teach the sackers how to sack anymore? I had to re-bag almost everything. I grabbed two extra empty sacks on the way out to the car and should have grabbed one more!

I spent 10 or 15 minutes at my car re-bagging in ways that made sense and didn't have things tumbling out of overfilled bags.

It turned out the sacker had broken the handle on one bag early on and didn't bother to replace that bag, hence my need for one more extra bag than I had anticipated.

They had too many light, but bulky, items in with the eggs, and eggs really belong in a bag by themselves, especially with egg prices nowadays. The refrigerated and frozen items (all sent down the conveyer first, so they could be grouped together) were scattered with other items, and things that didn't need to be in a bag with frozen items were in bags with frozen items.

The napkins didn't really NEED a bag, per-se, so the bag they were in got repurposed as the third extra bag I needed and the napkins got to sit on the car seat basking in their bagless freedom, along with a bottle of dishwashing liquid that had been placed in with food items (and a not quite closed cap!) that I just ended up wedging where it wouldn't fall over and possibly leak, though I did close the cap all the way too. It had not leaked into the bag with the food items, but possibly would have on the way home if I hadn't moved it.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 8 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 15 and 76% chance of precipitation.

I didn't manage to get a photo, but last night I saw Buttons basking on the hearth in front of the fire. She saw that I was headed to the kitchen, and I never had a chance as she dashed to meet me there, hoping for a treat.

I have a small presentation this afternoon, for a different product. This demonstration is for the sales team, as we're hoping they can sell this one to clients who may not be aware of it. The one I was doing last week was for internal use only, to manage licensing for products such as the one I am demonstrating today.

And that laundry is still waiting in the dryer.

• eku0
    good morning
    Thanks, Irene. We're getting warmer weather today, hope you are too!
    Ed, quite a hassle with the bags! My husband usually does the shopping and we use our own reusable bags. They are large and lightweight but sturdy. The eggs are usually in a separate smaller bag. Good luck with your presentation this afternoon.
    Jo, good luck with your appointment today.
    It's currently 41F and mostly cloudy. A mix of clouds and sun. High 57F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    I will be meeting a couple of friends for lunch today at an Indian restaurant. Looking forward to seeing them.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week. 🌤️☕✨
  • parityanimal
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:

Blank Image Phishing Scams

Most email providers have security filters that check emails for malicious links or attachments. You may feel like you can rely on these filters and, as a result, trust that emails sent to your inbox are safe. Unfortunately, cybercriminals can take advantage of this trust by using blank image phishing to bypass security filters.

The scam starts with a fake email that appears to be from DocuSign. The email asks you to review and sign a document as soon as possible and contains an HTML attachment. Instead of an important document, the attachment is a blank SVG with malicious code. Because this code is hidden inside the attachment, the email can bypass security filters. If you download the attachment, the code will redirect you to a malicious website that will prompt you to enter sensitive information. If you enter this information, cybercriminals can use it for their own purposes.

Follow the tips below to stay safe from similar scams:

• Always think before you download an attachment. This type of cyberattack is designed to trick you into downloading attachments impulsively.

• Never click a link or download an attachment in an email that you aren’t expecting. While this attack targets DocuSign users, this scam could be used with any organization that manages electronic agreements.

• Enable multi-factor authentication (MFA) on your accounts when it is available. MFA adds an extra layer of security and lowers the chance of cybercriminals logging in to your account.

The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4 dot com

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    well here in NJ you have to use your own bags which is such a pain I know a lot of people are against the plastic bags but I always reused them I am forever forgetting to bring in bags unless I go to the commisary on Ft Dix they still have plastic bags.
    Ed thanks for the heads up on the scams
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 11 foggy degrees with an expected high of 16 and 21% chance of precipitation.

I had misread my calendar and the presentation is today. J and I were trying to install the software on a demonstration server but there seemed to be firewall issues or something so I may have to do it from my local machine instead. Not a problem!

Laundry still waiting to be folded. I have been running the dryer at least once a day to keep it from getting musty in there.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    Ed-Good luck with your presentation. I notice at some stores they will put 1 or 2 things in a bag. My husband likes to bag his own groceries. He packs like items together and fills the bag full, less to carry into the house and we always use our reusable bags.
    We get charged at some stores if we want a bag, which is usually paper now, 5-10 cents. I always keep reusable bags in my car trunk.
    I am trying to be more eco friendly, not using plastic and also switching to eco friendly cleaning products. You may think I am a little crazy but I made my own laundry detergent yesterday. I have also made other cleaning products for cleaning the bathroom and all purpose cleaners. I got 2 books for Christmas, Green living made easy and Clean and Green by Nancy Birtwhistle.
    I also plan to bake only from scratch, no box mixes, which I occasionally use now.
    I am going to make baked beans. The beans are soaking now.
    I am off to work now.
    Have a great day! :)
  • eku0
    good morning
    good luck today, Ed!
    I'm with you, Jo. I keep reusable bags in my car. It takes a little while to get used to it, but I really hope it helps with all the pollution. I'd love the recipes for some of the cleaning products. I've been trying to switch over as I use up the old ones. I have a couple of bags of baking soda I've been using, and I usuallly keep white vinegar. I just saw a recipe for granite counters with baking soda and alcohol. I'll look for those books, or maybe make my own as I find recipes online.
    Irene, it's hard to try to change things, but also kind of nice. Now we just clean and fold up the bags instead of returning them.
    It's currently 39F. Generally cloudy. High 42F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.
    I am going to clay crafters today. Will try to get my exercise done before I go.
    Wishing all a happy day. ☕☁️✨🕊️

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 10 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected high of 12 and cloudy skies. We have 15% chance of precipitation.

We had some urgent changes and testing to do yesterday, so there was a bit of "hurry up and wait" on my side as I had to test things to verify the issues, then wait while the programmers did their thing, then remind them to push the changes so I could test them and hopefully the client will be happy with the results.

Today there should be plenty of less urgent testing to do. It looked like a lot of it was waiting on final code approval and merge, but we got side tracked by the other thing. I think it will be ready early this morning, and if not I can update some documentation.