Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    good morning all
    My sister passed away yesterday. I'm glad I got to see her. I'm glad she was surrounded by love, and didn't have to suffer too long. She was unique, brave, strong, adventurous, creative, a great storyteller, and had a wonderful sense of humor. I'll miss her.
    I have an appt with my pain Dr. this morning. Seems about right.
    Take care, everyone. Be well.
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,318 Member
    So sorry to hear about your sister's death, Vix.

It's good that you got to see her.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    Good morning all,
    Vix I am so very sorry about the death of your sister, sending prayers. So glad you got to spend time with her and she didn't suffer too long.
    pt is going pretty good I go 3 days a week. For now I will be going for 6 weeks feels like I am on the go too much.
    Jo one more work day ! Your pottery is nice never tried it ,but it looks like fun.
    Ed I make shepherd's pie using veggie meat it's very good George loves it
    take care
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 10 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected mostly cloudy high of 23 and 9% chance of precipitation.

My new phone arrived yesterday, so I've been having fun setting that up. I'll have to get help from some of the work engineers to get a couple of authenticators set up that I use for work. Hopefully that can happen today.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    good morning
    Thank you all. I appreciate the kind thoughts and prayers.
    Jo, the paint bar sounds like fun. I hope you like your new phones. Yay for last week of work!
    Irene, glad your PT is going well.
    Ed, enjoy your new phone. Not fun setting them up.
    My house cleaner is coming today, happy for that. I am having a fibromyalgia flare. At my follow up appt yesterday, the Pain Dr. prescribed some muscle relaxers for me. Took one last night, it seems to help a bit.
    It's currently 53F. Rain. High near 60F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.
    Wishing all a good day.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-I am so sorry to hear of your sister's passing. Hugs and prayers.
    I hope you get some relief soon with the muscle relaxers.
    Ed-Is the new phone for work or personal use?
    Irene-I am glad that the PT is helping.
    It is currently 61F and cloudy. I have the slider open to get some fresh air into the house.
    Have a good afternoon. :)
  • parityanimal
    edited February 2023
    eku0 wrote: »
    Ed, enjoy your new phone. Not fun setting them up.
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Ed-Is the new phone for work or personal use?

The setup is a lot easier than in days of your when I remember having to manually install all the stuff I had on my old phone to a new one, including backing up my contacts (which didn't always work - lost all of them in one transfer), having to manually configure all the settings, etc.

With SmartSwitch on both phones, I was able to get the majority of it transferred over and working in just a couple of hours. There was still some tweaking of application settings for a few apps that I ended up re-installing for one reason or another, but it used to take me most of a week to get a new phone set up. I got this one done in about a day, even with the minor problems. I have the old one packaged up, ready to drop off at FedEx to send back.

This phone (that cost a fortune) is my own replacement phone. The one I was using was still working well, but it was several years old. The new one has much better cameras, and lots more storage. I don't think I'll fill up all this storage ever! It's a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra with 512 gigabytes of storage.

I wanted to trade in the old one while I could still get a few bucks for it. Nowhere near the $500 trade in value they want everyone to think they are getting, but I knew it wouldn't be, going in. When you buy an unlocked phone with no contract plan with any major carrier, they do cost more, and I knew I'd be lucky to get much at all back for a phone that is several years old.

I do keep a few work apps on it, work email (completely separate from my personal email), team chat, and a couple of authenticators that are used solely for work.

I know technically I could claim they should be paying me a bit for using my own device, but I REALLY got tired of carrying around two phones all the time when I was working for the government. I don't want to go back to that, and the company isn't taking up much space or bandwidth on my phone, so I am perfectly happy to do it this way.

They did provide me with a notebook computer for work. There is no way I'd be dedicating as much space as I'd need on my own computer.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 14 (Celsius) rainy degrees (feels like 13) with a claimed expected rainy high of 16 but I'm wondering if we already had that high. The hourly forecast shows temperatures dropping all day, so I don't see any chance of 16 later in the day. This rain must have come with a major cold front, as we're expecting a low of -2 or -3 overnight.

We had a brief power outage sometime during the night, so my tea wasn't ready when I got to the kitchen. The power outage reset the clock and program timer in the brewer so I had to manually push the button. Oh, the horror! LOL. I need to reset the microwave, stove, and the coffee maker I use for my morning tea.

I did get my old trade-in phone sent back after I got my wine delivery last night, an absolutely free case of 15 bottles of red wine, 3 each of 5 different varietals. I'm fond of all 5 of these varietals. The Malbec was listed as vintage 2020 but arrived as vintage 2022, but that's OK. Malbec can be nice, even when young, but I have 4 other bottles of older Malbec that I'll be drinking first anyway, so it's all good.

Did I mention it was FREE? You bet it's all good. My wine club had some kind of promotion last year in which x number of members had a chance to win 10,000 Splash points, which equates to $100 to spend towards future purchases.

I won. I didn't even know I had won until I went to order this crate, which would normally have cost $89.95. I saw that I had over 10,000 points to use, some from my last previous order, but more than enough to cover the full cost of this crate. I'm sure they sent an email telling me I had won, but I probably just skimmed by it.

As a founding member, shipping is always free for me, so I got it all at no cost!

Kiara helped with the empty crate.

4fhoshfq09q1.png

2icaejcbdqiw.png
  • eku0
    good morning.
    Thanks, Jo. Enjoy the fresh air. Congrats if this is your last day of work. Yay!
    The wine looks like a nice variety, Ed. I usually like Malbec, and Shiraz. Hubby bought me some chocolate wine, my favorite at the moment. I have Chocolate Shop red, and Ménage a Trois Decadence cabernet sauvignon. Not expensive, I like the taste. Glad you got your phone set up.
    I have a massage scheduled for today. Looking forward to it.
    It's currently 57F. Cloudy and windy with rain this morning...then becoming partly cloudy. Morning high of 60F with temps falling to near 40. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph. Higher wind gusts possible.
    Wishing all a good day.

• Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Next Friday is my last day of work. I opted to stay another week, as it is school vacation and my manager wanted to take the week off to spend with his children.
    Ed-what a nice surprise, free wine. :)
  • parityanimal
    edited February 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have -2 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 13 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I need to get to the grocery at some point this weekend, but I will wait until it is a bit warmer before venturing out.

For breakfast, I had meatballs with ketchup, and a small handful of wavy potato crisps on the side.

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    Jo that was so nice to stay an extra week.
    It is so cold here it's like 28 here have a great day everyone
  • eku0
    Hi all,
    I'm feeling better today. My mind is just elsewhere, and thought I posted this a.m.
    It's my grandson's 4th birthday today. Looking forward to seeing everyone later this afternoon.
    Irene, chilly here too.
    Hope it warms up for you, Ed.
    Jo, that is so sweet of you to stay an extra week so your manager can spend time with his children.
    It's chillier here today, currently 37 and sunny. It'll be cooling off for the rest of the day, but I think warming up again tomorrow.
    Wishing all a nice weekend.
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Vix-Happy Birthday to your grandson.
    Nothing on the agenda today, will see what the day brings.
    Hope everyone has a pleasant day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 6 mostly cloudy degrees with an expected partly sunny high of 16. I did get out to the store yesterday, in the warmer afternoon hours. I might get back out today, to Lidl, for just a couple of items that I can only find there.

• IreneMurman
    Good Sunday morning,
    We went for our walk it was 30 still cold. We might go for another walk later today.
    Vix happy birthday to your grandson wow can't believe he is 4 years old already.
    take care everyone
  • eku0
    good morning
    What a wonderful party with family and friends, and lots of adorable little children! Time flies when the children are little, so I cherish every moment.
    It's currently 42F. Sun and clouds mixed. High 56F. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph.
    Wishing all a pleasant Sunday.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 6 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 23 and 2% chance of rain.

Not sure what the workday will bring. Pondering pancakes maybe for breakfast.

• eku0
    good morning
    It's currently 48F. Partly to mostly cloudy. High 61F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Variable weather ahead this week.
    Picked up a new computer chair for hubby yesterday. Just chillin'.
    Will see what today brings.
    Wishing all a good new week.
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning
    Currently 53F and sunny.
    I vacuumed out my car and washed the windows. I also have the slider in the dining room open.
    Have a great week! :)