Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,312 Member
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:

IT or Cybercriminal?

Coinbase, a cryptocurrency platform, was the latest victim of a social engineering attack. Social engineering occurs when cybercriminals manipulate you to try to steal your sensitive information.

In this recent attack, a cybercriminal sent smishing (SMS phishing) messages to Coinbase employees. These messages contained a link directing employees to log in to their company accounts. Shortly after one employee clicked this link, Coinbase saw and prevented the cybercriminal from gaining internal access. Later, the cybercriminal called the same employee and claimed to be from Coinbase’s IT department. The employee thought the call was legitimate, and the cybercriminal stole some sensitive information over the phone.

Follow the tips below to stay safe from similar scams:

• Always be cautious of unexpected text messages.

• Think before you click! Cyberattacks are designed to catch you off guard and make you act impulsively.

• Before you share any sensitive information over the phone, verify that the caller is actually who they say they are.

The KnowBe4 Security Team

KnowBe4 dot com

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    edited March 2023
    Good morning
    I did some straightening up around the house yesterday. Also got some time to sit and read on my front porch in the sun. What a nice day.
    It's currently 37F. The forecast is wonky. Snow ending this morning followed by clearing and sunshine this afternoon. High near 50F. Winds NNW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 70%. Higher wind gusts possible. No snow here yet! Just kind of overcast.
    Off to clay crafters for the afternoon.
    Wishing all a pleasant Tuesday.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 17 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 26 and 3% chance of precipitation.

Today should have several projects ready for testing.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    It was sunny, but cold here yesterday.
    I am going to regrout my bathroom floor, so yesterday I did the prep work and today I will apply the new grout. Wish me luck.
    I also made oatmeal raisin cookies for hubby and went to my daughter's house to wait for the exterminator. She has been having a mouse problem. She lives in a condo complex, so they could be coming from anywhere.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 9 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 19 and 0% chance of rain.

I know exactly what is waiting for me for the morning at work. The afternoon may be a mystery, unless the morning work goes over into the afternoon.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    edited March 2023
    good morning
    Ed, sounds like you're busy testing.
    Jo, good luck with the grout. That's an ambitious project. Go, Jo! Yum, oatmeal raisin cookies.
    Hi Irene.
    It's currently 33F here. Plentiful sunshine. High around 50F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph. We had a few snow flurries yesterday and it was windy so it felt cold.
    I have an acupuncture appt today. Still fighting off this cold.
    Wishing all a happy 🐫 day.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 11 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 17 and 64% chance of precipitation.

We got a lot done yesterday, and there will be plenty to do today.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning,
    it is chilly here with wind
    take care
  • eku0
    good morning
    It's currently 33F and sunny here. Sunny to partly cloudy. High 54F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph. Not bad for winter.
    I have my yearly physical this a.m.
    That's about it.
    Wishing all a pleasant day.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We hove 10 (Celsius) rainy degrees with an expected rainy high of 17 and 100% chance of precipitation.

The air in the house feels a bit chilly. Not sure which projects will be ready for testing today. One went live earlier in the week and one other may go very soon.

• eku0
    good morning
    A bit chilly here too, Ed.
    I went for my physical yesterday. Everything looks good. Going for a couple of tests next week, just to make sure.
    I'm taking a friend to lunch for her birthday today. It'll be fun.
    It's currently 36F. Rain and snow this morning turning to rain in the afternoon. High around 45F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Not the best weather. I hope we'll still be able to walk around downtown Frederick.
    Wishing all an easy Friday. Yay, weekend!
  • eku0
    good morning
    It's currently 35F. Short periods of light-to-moderate snowfall and windy weather are anticipated in the morning. The maximum predicted temperature is a frosty 46.4°F (8°C), while the minimum temperature will be a freezing 26.6°F (-3°C).
    We had fun at lunch yesterday, and then walked around downtown Frederick, popping into some of the little shops. It was drizzly, but not too bad.
    Another gray day today, will see what comes up.
    Wishing all a wonderful weekend.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    It is raining here. I am finally finishing grouting the bathroom. While I am waiting for the grout to dry, I am going to make strawberry jam.
    Vix-Yay for a good physical. It is always fun to visit with friends.
    Hi Irene and Ed.
    Have a great weekend! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sunny Saturday!

We have 7 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 17 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I have some laundry in the dryer that may get folded, and I need to get out for cat food and supplies and for groceries. This afternoon Kiara has her annual vet appointment.

Today is Orion's arbitrarily assigned official birthday. As with many rescues, we can't know exactly what day he was born, but when he was a kitten, we assigned this day based on his estimated age. He is officially 5 years old.

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    Happy Birthday Orion
  • eku0
    good morning
    It's currently 31F. Mostly cloudy this morning with showers developing this afternoon. High 41F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph.
    Happy 5 years of having Orion.
    My sore throat has gotten worse so I'm just going to hang out at home, get plenty of fluids, and chill today.
    Wishing all a relaxing Sunday.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous soggy Sunday!

We have 7 (Celsius) rainy degrees (feels like 4) with an expected cloudy, rainy high of 10 and 100% chance of precipitation.

I did not get that laundry folded yesterday, but maybe today. A chilly day may be just right for freshening (and warming up) the laundry in the dryer, and I'm sure Dinah will be happy to help.

I got the groceries and cat supplies yesterday, and we got Kiara to the vet for her annual stuff. For supper we went to Zaxby's. J had been wanting to try the Zensation Zalad they have brought back to the menu, since they offer a vegetarian "garden" version now with no chicken and a vegetarian egg roll.

The egg roll looked smaller than the chicken egg rolls they used to use for the Zensation Zalad, but from what he's read that is now going to be the norm for even the salad WITH chicken. Apparently either way you get a veggie egg roll. I think that's a fine idea, as you still get a nice egg roll and there's no confusion about the egg roll. J said the egg roll was delicious.

After Zaxby's we went to a Farmers Market and bought a dragon fruit, a couple of pomegranates, some noodles, a particular brand of seasoning salt that J likes that we have only ever found at that particular store, same Cajun seasoning sprinkle, and too many baked Mexican goodies. J doesn't usually even look at the baked goods, but for some reason he came over to look and selected some items. If you ever see "pan de dios" it is indeed divine, but we also got some other things.

Pan de dios is the stripy thing in the middle. We ate those slices as soon as we got home.

ypqf66zcp04u.png

Orion got me up early this morning, hoping, I think, for early breakfast. He didn't get it.

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    Ed the pastries look really good never heard of them enjoy.
    Hi Vix and JO
  • parityanimal
    FOOD REVIEW!

Hormel Peppercorn Pork Tenderloin.

I got this on the manager's special bin at Kroger, for only $4.00, which I consider to be a good deal. I am guessing the regular price would be in the neighborhood of $8.00. I put it in the freezer until I felt like thawing it out to cook. After thawing completely, I was ready to cook it.

It took a bit longer to cook than the package suggested. I cooked it in the oven at 425 but may not have paid attention to the placement. It's possible I should have had it on a higher rack.
    In any event, I eventually declared it done, and set it to stand, covered for 10 minutes.
    I tasted one tiny bite without any sauce, and it was tender, moist (yes, I said it, MOIST) and flavorful.
    I served it with home-made 57 style sauce made from ketchup, tamarind sauce, and a splash of sriracha, mashed potatoes and green beans on the side.

It was a lovely Sunday dinner. And there is enough left to have a nice lunch tomorrow.
    I give this a 5 out of 5 for what it is. It can't reasonably feed more than two, MAYBE three people at most, but for $4.00 or even $8.00, that's not bad.

I will eat it again (leftovers) and may buy it again, especially if it's in the manager's special bin!

nxez83458fh2.png

akcrlf9lc42t.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 6 (Celsius) cloudy degrees (feels like 3) with an expected partly cloudy high of 13 and 2% chance of rain.

Not sure what the day will bring, aside from freezing temperatures overnight.