Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    good morning,
    Ed-your pastries and dinner look so good. Happy birthday to Orion.
    Vix-I hope you throat feels better soon.
    Hi Irene.
    I am going to walk up to town hall this morning to pay our excise tax. It is about 2 miles round trip.
    Have a great day! :)

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,312 Member
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:

Is ChatGPT Your Next Financial Advisor?

ChatGPT, an artificial intelligence (AI) chatbot created by OpenAI, has risen in popularity since its release last year. Now, cybercriminals are using ChatGPT’s popularity to lure you into phishing scams. In one of these scams, cybercriminals try to trick you with a fake new ChatGPT feature.

The scam starts with a phishing email informing you that ChatGPT has a new feature to help you invest in the stock market. If you click the link in the email, you’ll be taken to a spoofed ChatGPT website and prompted to enter your contact information. Then, a representative will call you and request that you submit a payment to open your investment account. Unfortunately, if you submit a payment, that money won't help you invest in the stock market. Instead, cybercriminals will steal it to invest in their own malicious pursuits.

Follow the tips below to stay safe from similar scams:

• Before you click a link, hover your mouse over it. Make sure that the link leads to a legitimate, safe website that corresponds with the content in the related email.
    • Be cautious of unexpected investment opportunities. Remember, if something seems too good to be true, it probably is!
    • Never submit payments to a bank account provided in an email, text message, or phone conversation. Instead, navigate to the organization’s official website to submit a secure payment.

The KnowBe4 Security Team

KnowBe4 dot com

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    good morning
    Ed, the pastries look yummy.
    Jo, is that excise tax for your car? We don't have that here, but the sales tax on cars is really high, and we pay registration fees. I hope you're enjoying retirement!
    Hi Irene.
    It's currently 38F. Overcast. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 47F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph. We had some snow showers yesterday along with the rain. It was pretty and did not stick.
    This is a doozy of a cold/sore throat I have. I made a nice big pot of chicken soup yesterday, very soothing. Going to have another day of rest and plenty of fluids today.
    Wishing all a good new week.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have -1 (Celsius) clear, cold degrees (feels like -4) with an expected sunny high of 11 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I spent most of the day yesterday learning about a new industrial scanner we will be programming for.

Will continue some of that today, and other things as well.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    good morning
    I hope you enjoy your new project, Ed.
    It's currently 33F here. Windy with a mix of clouds and sun. High 41F. Winds WNW at 25 to 35 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph. I could hear the wind blowing all night.
    I'm going to go to clay crafters today fully masked up, but that's about it for me.
    Wishing all a pleasant Tuesday.
  • Joanne3366
    Good evening;
    I took Sophie to the vet today. The bump on her nose is bigger and one of her nostrils is closed. Vet upped her medication to twice a day and I have to call her with a progress report in 2-3 weeks. Other then that all her blood work was normal.
    Vix-Sorry your throat is still sore. Do you think you may have strep? Yes I was paying excise on our cars. We have to pay it every year.
    Ed-good luck with your new project.
    We had heavy rain all day. It is just starting to snow now. North of us got clobbered with snow.
    Have a pleasant evening. :)

• eku0
    good morning
    Jo, sorry about Sophie. I hope her nose gets better. Good that her blood work is normal.
    I'm going to try to get a Dr. appt today. My throat is not getting better and my ear is starting to hurt. Phooey.
    It's currently 29F, heard the wind blustering all night. Partly cloudy and windy. High 49F. Winds NW at 20 to 30 mph. Higher wind gusts possible.
    Wishing all a good day.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have -1 (Celsius) clear degree with an expected sunny high of 15 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I hope all the health issues mentioned improve. I woke up with a splitting headache this morning, and am waiting for the ibuprofen to kick in, if it will.

Breakfast was whole grain protein waffles with pork link sausages.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning,
    Vix hope your sore throat is better.
    I am off to the foot DR wish me luck
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    Ed hope your headache is better
  • parityanimal
    Tonight's cottage pie, for Wednesday night supper, made with 80/20 Duroc pork, and my usual onions, peas and carrots, and, unusually for me, sweet corn, topped with garlic mashed potatoes.

suw4vca0uv03.png

05r35ysioyok.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have -1 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 20 and 1% chance of precipitation.

We will see what the workday brings.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, that cottage pie looks like wonderful comfort food. yum.
    Irene, I hope your foot is ok.
    Did you get much snow, Jo?
    I got in to see the Dr. yesterday. I have strep throat, so on the bright side, antibiotics will make me feel better in a couple of days. Yay.
    It's currently 34F. Plentiful sunshine. High near 60F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Our housecleaner is coming today. I'm so lucky. I love a clean house.
    Maybe I can go outside later and enjoy the warmth and sunshine.
    Wishing all a good day.
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Vix-Hope you feel better soon. We only got about an inch or two of snow, most of it is already gone.
    Currently it is 34 and the sun is shining, supposed to get up to 48 later today.
    I can't wait to start working in my garden.
    Nothing on the agenda today, will see what the day brings.
    I just finished reading American kingpin by Nick Bilton.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 12 (Celsius) degrees and light rain with an expected overcast high of 16 and 99% chance of precipitation.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

o3yf8an9bg57.png

• Joanne3366
    Happy St. Patrick's Day!
    I will be cooking corned beef and cabbage today. Is anyone else cooking?
    We only have corned beef once a year, so it is very much enjoyed.
  • parityanimal
    edited March 2023
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Happy St. Patrick's Day!
    I will be cooking corned beef and cabbage today. Is anyone else cooking?
    We only have corned beef once a year, so it is very much enjoyed.

I had corned beef hash (from a can) for breakfast, with eggs. But for St. Patrick's Day dinner I am making a different kind of hash of corned beef, shredded cabbage, carrots, potatoes, and onions, none of the vegetables being cut particularly small. I haven't made it this exact way before but expect it to be good. In prior years I usually made something like it with the leftovers anyway so decided to cut right to it this year.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed and Jo, enjoy your corned beef dinners!
    Irene, I hope you're doing ok.
    It's currently 57F here. Cloudy with occasional rain showers. High 59F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
    I went for my lab tests this morning. And then for a nice relaxing massage.
    I have a lot of laundry to do and some other things around the house.
    Wishing all a happy Friday and a great weekend ahead.
    mpj136913bnm.png
  • parityanimal
    edited March 2023
    Well, here's what the hash looks like. I made it at lunchtime. It is quite tasty. I may have more for St. Patrick's day supper, but maybe not. I might go out to pick up something for both of us, or possibly order in.

c4vnq66l1j8r.png
  • eku0
    edited March 2023
    good morning
    Ed, looks good. I haven't had corned beef in a long time. It's yummy.
    We had pasta with a ground turkey bolognese last night. A comfort food treat for me.
    I'm feeling better, still have a bit of a rough throat and cough, but much better than before the antibiotics.
    No special plans for today. I have a butternut squash I'll probably turn into soup.
    It's currently 36F. Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 49F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
    Wishing all a wonderful weekend.