Slower Weight loss at 50?

1736737738739740742»

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,365 Member
    good morning
    Thanks, Irene. Stained glass is my favorite hobby.
    Hi Jo.
    Ed, congrats on reaching the age for Medicare. Carrot cake is a wonderful treat! Love it! Happy Birthday to Jason! 🎂🥳 Thanks, glad you like my peacock. It was so much work.
    It's raining like crazy this morning. No special plans for the day, though I think I'll work on foiling some stained glass. I did some laundry yesterday and other things around the house,
    It's currently 61F, 16C. Rain early...then remaining cloudy with showers in the afternoon. High 66F, 19C. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week. ☕☔🌻🕊️
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,306 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 18 (C) degrees and fog, with an expected cloudy high of 26 and 15% chance of precipitation.

Jason's birthday dinner selection was burgers from Cheeseburger Bobby's. He had the veggie burger with added pepper jack and a fried egg, and I had something with fried onions, bacon and barbecue sauce. I think it might have been called a rodeo burger or something like that. Their fresh cut fries are great. We finished off with chocolate cake and now there is no cake in the house, which is probably a good thing.

Back at work this morning.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • parityanimal
    Scam of the Week

Watch Out for Election-Themed Scams

In this week's scam, cybercriminals are taking advantage of the upcoming United States elections to try and steal your personal information and money. The scams vary slightly and involve fake text messages, social media posts, phone calls, and more. Cybercriminals use AI to make these phishing attempts even more convincing. These scams can be easy to fall for since political candidates also use these methods to raise funds and promote their campaigns.

In one version of this scam, you receive a text message or email with a malicious link directing you to donate to a political candidate. The link takes you to a fake webpage asking you to share your credit card number. If you donate, your money goes directly into the cybercriminals’ pockets. The cybercriminals also pretend to be campaign volunteers and send fake surveys requesting your personal and financial information. In another version of this scam, you receive a phone call asking you to update your voter information or register to vote. If you provide your voter information on the call, the cybercriminals will steal it!

Follow these tips to avoid falling victim to an election-themed scam:

Before you click a link, always hover your mouse over it. Only use secure, official websites to donate funds to candidates and register to vote.

This scam concerns the US elections, but remember that cybercriminals can use these tactics during elections in any country.

Trust your instincts. If you receive suspicious phone calls, messages, or emails, follow your organization’s reporting policies.

The KnowBe4 Security Team
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Good afternoon;
    It is currently 71F and sunny, such a beautiful day.
    Ed-Happy birthday to Jason. I have been getting text messages asking for campaign donations. I have been ignoring them.
    Hi Vix and Irene.
    We replaced the stabilizer rods in our washer over the weekend. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be and a lot less
    expensive than buying a new washer. Now I can do wash without it going off balance and banging around the room.
    Have a good afternoon. :)
  • parityanimal
    Orion seems to have gotten over my weird non-cloth chair. Dinah, not yet...

r81fvezwj16b.jpg
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,160 Member
    hi everyone
    tell Jason I said happy birthday
  • eku0
    edited October 1
    good morning all
    Hi Irene.
    Ed, always lots of scams, so annoying. I'm ignoring most solicitations at this point. It's too much. Orion's really pretty. Burgers sound delicious.
    Jo, you're brave to fix your washer. Congratulations! Very handy!
    Still raining here. It's currently 59F, 15C. Light rain early...then remaining cloudy with showers in the afternoon. High 64F, 18C. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
    I made a small pot of butternut squash soup yesterday. And worked on foiling my glass so I can solder it today. Yes, it's craft day again. Busy day.
    Wishing all a nice day. ☕🌻☔👩🏻‍🎨🕊️
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 19 (C) sunny degrees with an expected mostly cloudy high of 26 and 4% chance of precipitation.

Last night we went out to get a new computer keyboard for Jason but the store didn't have the one he wanted. I got some sriracha and a couple of Chinese buns with red bean and cream filling in the grocery next door and the attached bakery. While out we then went further north to look at a retro gaming store, where Jason bought a few things, and then on to our favorite (but rather far from home) Mexican restaurant where they were glad to see us as we had not been there in a while. Then, on the way home we stopped to buy a box of ice cream sandwiches as Jason had been craving those.

I got to bed a bit later than planned and I'm feeling that this morning, but it was a pleasant night out and I think Jason needed to get out a bit.

Breakfast this morning was a Kroger breakfast "bowl" with sausage, potatoes, and gravy, along with a rather large banana and some high protein low carb pancakes with a drizzle of real maple syrup.

Work beckons.

Oh, and Dinah has also decided that the new chair might be acceptable to sit in too. I guess it only took a couple of months to get the "new" smell out and the "Daddy Ed" smell in to the faux leather?

b5xb8zkr4abi.jpg

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    It is currently 68F and cloudy. The sun did pop out for a little while today.
    Ed-both cats look quite comfortable in your chair. Orion looks like Sam and we have the same scratching post.
    Vix-It seems like a good day for soup. We had french onion soup for dinner last night.
    Hi Irene.
    Nothing much happening here.
    Have a good evening. :)

• eku0
    edited October 2
    Good morning
    Ed, your night out sounds nice. The cats do look comfortable in your chair.
    Jo, I start making a lot of soups in the Fall. Comfort food. Pete made chicken cacciatore in the crock pot yesterday. Yum.
    Hi Irene.
    I finished a butterfly and a couple of bluebirds in stained glass yesterday, and I'm working on a Halloween skull for our grandson in clay, but I'm having a hard time getting it together. I hope to have it done by the end of the month.
    It's currently 59F,15C, still drizzly. Cloudy skies. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 68F, 20C. Winds light and variable.
    I'm probably going to the library today, stop off for my flu shot, and pick up a few things, easy day.
    Wishing all a happy 🐪 day. ☔☕🌻🕊️
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 17 (C) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 28 and 4% chance of precipitation.

The temperature does seem to be creeping back up!

We made some nice progress in finding issues yesterday ond resolved a number of issues that were impacting my ability to test certain things. The hours just whizzed by!

Hopefully today will be more hours whizzing by.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 19 (C) sunny with an expected partly cloudy high of 28 and 15% chance of precipitation.

Another day, another dollar.

• eku0
    good morning all
    Ed, work seems to go faster when you're busy and getting things accomplished. Good for you!
    I got my flu shot yesterday, and picked up some bandaids. I seem to be going through a lot of them lately!
    It's currently 60F, 16C, Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 74F, 23C. Winds light and variable. It's nice to see some sunshine!
    I have a massage scheduled for this morning, and may stop at Michael's on the way home. I was thinking maybe I could get some fabric paint for my old beat up suitcase. The inside is still good. I was looking online and there are also covers for suitcases. I just don't feel like buying a new one, but I might.
    Wishing all a fine Thursday. 🌞 Yay! 🌻☕🕊️
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 20 (C) sunny degrees with an expected mostly cloudy high of 26 and 15% chance of precipitation.

Found some buggy behavior after program changes to an old program late yesterday so will be testing the fix for that this morning, and hopefully the client will be able to go live with the changes early next week. They had hoped to get it today, but installing upgrades/changes on a Friday is NEVER a good idea, and I would have resisted giving it my QA approval on that basis alone, but this also gives me a chance to test it more thoroughly.

As I am already at work, I'll close. Happy approaching weekend!

• eku0
    edited October 4
    good morning all
    Ed, good luck with your testing today.
    It's currently 63F, 17C. Generally cloudy. Slight chance of a rain shower. High near 75F, 24C. Winds light and variable.
    I stopped at Michael's after my massage yesterday and picked up some fabric paint and some pumpkin colored yarn for a pumpkin pattern I found. When I got home, Pete wanted to go out to lunch, so we went to the Wine Kitchen in Frederick (always yummy, had a small salad and a glass of Riesling). Then we went to TJMaxx and I bought a new suitcase! 😂🤣 Had second thoughts about fixing the old one.😂🤣
    We made lasagna for dinner, also yummy, and I started knitting the pumpkin.
    Will see what today brings.
    Wishing all an easy Friday and happy weekend!☕🌻🌂🍷🕊️
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    It is currently 73F and cloudy. The sun was out earlier today and it was quite nice outside.
    We cut a lot of dead branches and limbs from our arborvitae's. We now have a huge pile of wood to burn.
    Ed-good luck with your testing.
    Vix-Now that you have a new suitcase, you need to go on a trip. ;)
    Have a good afternoon. :)