Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,312 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 14 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 27 and 3% chance of precipitation.

There is still laundry to fold, but it's not the same laundry. Dinah and I folded that laundry yesterday and I ran another load that is now in the dryer waiting to be folded and put away.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    edited March 2023
    good morning
    Jo, you are so good doing that yardwork.
    Ed, it's funny how you leave folding the laundry. We all do things our own way. I enjoy folding it when it's warm.
    Hi Irene.
    It's currently 46F, 7.7C. It was pouring rain all night. Cloudy with periods of rain forecast for today. High 49F, 9.4C. Winds light and variable. I'm trying to get used to the Celsius temperature readings!
    I need to do some cleaning today, and it's my last full day of penicillin. Yay! Still have a little tickle in my throat, but so much better. :smile:
    Wishing all an easy Friday, and a wonderful weekend.
  • parityanimal
    eku0 wrote: »
    Ed, it's funny how you leave folding the laundry. We all do things our own way. I enjoy folding it when it's warm.

Oh, it's warm when I fold it. I always give it a refreshing drying cycle before folding, to limit wrinkles, and so that Dinah will find the process more fun. If I have items like collared shirts, or slacks that need to be hung, I will usually get those taken care of after the first run but may leave other things until later. I find it uncomfortable to stand in one place for very long.

• eku0
    Haha, yep. I think I would forget about it if I left it for later. Just me. 😂
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    Good Saturday morning
    Went to BJs yesterday and had lunch with 2 of my girlfriends it was so nice to get out of course I spent too much money shopping but needed to get a lot of stuff .
    It rained all day yesterday and still raining today .
    I also take care of my laundry as soon as it is done or I will forget about it.
  • eku0
    good morning
    Irene, it's so nice to get out with friends! Lots of rain here too.
    Didn't get to the cleaning yesterday, so I need to get that done today. Good day to putter around the house.
    It's currently 42F. 5.5C. Rain showers this morning with isolated thunderstorms developing during the afternoon hours. Gusty winds and small hail are possible. High 63F, 17.2C. Winds SSE at 10 to 15 mph.
    Wishing all a great weekend.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 14 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 27 and 24% chance of precipitation. I know I heard a thunderstorm come through during the night, and some rain.

I will try to get out to Kroger later for a few things. And Dinah and I might get that laundry folded!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    The sun is shining and we will get up into the upper 50's today.
    My daughter and I are going to Muise Paint Bar this afternoon to try our hand a painting a picture. I will post a pic when done.
    I have never painted a picture before, so this should be interesting. Hubby is working on his MG, getting it ready for the summer.
    It doesn't have heat, so he does not drive it in cold weather.
    As for folding laundry, I try to do it as soon as the dryer stops. If I don't it could sit there for days.
    Have a relaxing Sunday. :)
  • parityanimal
    edited March 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous soggy Sunday!

We have 14 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with showers off and on. The expected overcast high is 20 with 86% chance of rain. There was some thunder while I was preparing and eating my breakfast.

I got out to Kroger yesterday and pretty much got everything I needed from the list. Dinah and I did get that laundry freshened, folded, and put away.

Everything is ready for the next load that will likely be sometime this week.

The cats were kind enough to let me sleep until almost 8:00 before Dinah insisted it was time for me to rise and shine.

Nothing critical on the agenda for today.

• eku0
    hello
    Finally a sunny day! Yay!
    Jo, I think you'll enjoy painting. I went to a couple of sip and paints, one with my daughter and one with friends. They pretty much walk you through it, and it's fun.
    Ed, good that you got your shopping and folding done,
    We went out to TJMaxx this morning. Got a few things.
    It's currently 53F, 11.6C. Sunny. High 63F, 17.2C. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
    Wishing all a relaxing Sunday.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 17 (Celsius) rainy, thundery degrees with an expected partly sunny high of 25 and 100% chance of precipitation.

Should be a good day at work.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, stay safe from the storms.
    It's nice and sunny here today. I got to sit outside and read for a while yesterday. Also had a visit from the GCs. Always fun to hang out with the little ones.
    It's currently 47F, 8C. Partly cloudy this morning. Increasing clouds with periods of showers this afternoon. High 62F,17C. Winds SSE at 10 to 15 mph.
    I'm kind of liking the temperature in Celsius. I'm looking at it as how far it is from freezing (which is what it is!) 😂
    Wishing all a fine new week.
  • parityanimal
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:

New Alert! Cybercriminal at Your Door

Ring is a popular brand of security cameras designed for home safety. Unfortunately, Ring customers were the latest victims of a phishing attack. Cybercriminals sent phishing emails spoofed as Ring to try and steal customers’ sensitive information.

Cybercriminals start this attack by sending you a phishing email with an HTML file attached. The email looks like it’s from Ring, and it instructs you to open the file to update your Ring membership. If you click this file, you’ll be redirected to a malicious website that spoofs Ring’s login page. This website prompts you to enter sensitive information, such as your credit card number and social security number. If you enter your information, you’ll be redirected to Ring’s legitimate website, making the email look more real.

Follow the tips below to stay safe from similar scams:
    • Never click a link or download an attachment in an email that you aren’t expecting.
    • If you receive an email claiming that you need to make changes in your account, always log in to the organization’s website directly.
    • Remember that this type of attack isn’t exclusive to Ring. Cybercriminals could use this technique to impersonate any type of service.

The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4 dot com

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 10 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected cloudy high of 22 and 2% chance of precipitation.

I have a tricky problem with a program at work. We were unable to isolate the issue yesterday and will be continuing to work on that today.

• eku0
    good morning
    Good luck with the tricky problem, Ed. I had one in Cobol, long ago where it was simply a misplaced ".", but it was so hard to find! Sometimes the devil is in the details.
    It's currently 42F, 6C. Partly to mostly cloudy. High around 55F, 13C. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    I will be going to clay crafters this afternoon.
    Wishing all a fine Tuesday.
  • parityanimal
    eku0 wrote: »
    good morning
    Good luck with the tricky problem, Ed. I had one in Cobol, long ago where it was simply a misplaced ".", but it was so hard to find! Sometimes the devil is in the details.
    It's currently 42F, 6C. Partly to mostly cloudy. High around 55F, 13C. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    I will be going to clay crafters this afternoon.
    Wishing all a fine Tuesday.

LOL. This brings to mind many a long night, looking for exactly that, in the computer lab at the university, at 3:00 in the morning.

With the programmer and I BOTH looking at this SQL, I'm sure we'll figure it out.
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-The painting class was fun.
    Ed-I hope you get your problem solved soon.
    I put in my last day at work yesterday. I had to go in one more day for insurance purposes. We are now covered under hubby's work insurance. So I am now officially retired.
    We had rain off and on most of the day. The sun is now shining at 4pm.
  • Joanne3366
    Here is a pic of my painting. Sorry it is so big.qlk5hfkf85d1.jpeg
  • eku0
    Nice job on the painting, Jo. Congratulations on your retirement!!!!! Yay!!!!
    psczd97srqqm.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 6 (Celsius) clear degrees (feels like 4) with an expected high of 19 under mostly sunny skies and 1% chance of precipitation.

The programmer did figure out the problem with the SQL code yesterday, and I was able to finalize testing. They'll probably be installing the application for the client today.

Still plenty of other things to test though!