Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    good morning
    Ed, it's nice how you always celebrate holidays with a special meal. We had a nice brunch with the family yesterday. I made the crust for the blueberry cheesecake out of lemon cookies. It was yummy!
    It's currently 36F, 2C. Sunny. High 66F, 19C. Winds light and variable.
    I was able to get a massage scheduled for later this morning.
    So, I'll get my exercise done now, and then have a free afternoon with nice weather.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    We went to a Lebanese restaurant for lunch yesterday. The food was very good.
    I went for a BP check this morning. Dr. told me to loose some weight or she would have to up my BP meds.
    I also have to have a bone density test.
    Ed- your dinners always look so good.
    Vix-your cheesecake sounds yummy.
    Irene-sorry you are having trouble logging in. The site has been very slow in loading for me.su
    I plan to work in the yard for a bit today as the weather is warm and sunny.
    Have a great day. :)

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,312 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 5 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected sunny high of 22 and 2% chance of precipitation.

I have a doctors appointment this morning. Routine, but one never knows. Bloodwork was still showing me a bit anemic so we'll see what the doctor has to say about that.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    good morning
    Ed, good luck with your Dr. appt.
    Jo, Lebanese food sounds good. Middle Eastern spices are usually tasty.
    Sorry about your BP. I've gained all the weight back that I lost for my surgery. With me it's my LDL that goes too high. I'm having a heck of a time trying to get my diet under control. Good to get the bone density test.
    Irene, the mfp site has been acting strange lately. I hope it gets easier for you to log in!
    It's currently 40F, 4C here. Partly cloudy. High 74F,23C. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph.
    I will go to clay crafters this afternoon. Will try to get my exercise done this morning before I go.
    Wishing all a good Tuesday.
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Ed-good luck at the Dr.
    I have to go back to the lab on Friday for repeat lab work, my potassium was high. Dr. wants to rule out diet or BP meds. So no food high in potassium for me this week.
    Vix-Our weather temps. are about the same today.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning,
    our weather is starting to warm up this week hope you all get results from the DRs
  • parityanimal
    My slight anemia was slightly better, but not significantly so, and some of my liver function tests were a bit high, but that's normal for me too, and we attribute that to some of the medications I have to take for my myriad conditions. Just part of getting older, I guess.

I was happy with the visit.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 6 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected sunny high of 25 and 2% chance of precipitation.

I made some progress with testing on various real and simulated devices yesterday, and have been taking notes and screen shots to share with the programmers. A bit more to test on that with one device this morning and I think we'll be ready to start modifying some parameters in the software. I know some things that absolutely need to be changed, such as using an absolute font for one item that takes up too much room on a device with a small screen, and there may be other places where absolute values need to be changed to relative values, according to the screen size and resolution.

Back to it!

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, sounds like this one will keep you busy for a while. I miss that. ;) Did the doc recommend any supplements or change in diet? Hope you're feeling ok.
    Irene, warming up here too, up in the 80s for a few days.
    Jo, I hope they figure out the issue with your potassium levels. Good luck with the labs on Friday.
    It's currently 55F, 13C here. Partly cloudy skies. High 82F, 28C. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph. Hot for April!
    I'm meeting up with an old work buddy for lunch today. It'll be nice to catch up.
    Wishing all a happy 🐫 day.
  • parityanimal
    edited April 2023
    eku0 wrote: »
    Ed, sounds like this one will keep you busy for a while. I miss that. ;) Did the doc recommend any supplements or change in diet? Hope you're feeling ok.

I am already taking a small iron supplement, which may be what brought me up that small amount. Increasing that is not really an option. I'll be looking into other things that may affect hemoglobin levels.

I get tired easily, but mostly feel OK so it's not bad.

Finishing off the sliced Easter ham for lunch today. Not sure what I'll have with it as there are no other leftovers. Maybe some garlic naan or potato chips.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 12 (Celsius) fair degrees with a cloudy high of 20 and 72% chance of precipitation. There's nowhere I have to go today.

Leftover pizza for breakfast and then back to testing. At least the errors I am encountering are fairly consistent between different devices and emulated devices.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning,
    our weather is great today.
    Going to a funeral for a really good friend she had brain cancer. She is no longer in pain . She has really had a good life she was 83 the nicest person you would liked to meet
  • eku0
    good morning

Irene, condolences on the passing of your friend. Hugs.

Ed, that's good the errors are similar across devices. Good luck with you problem solving.
    Jo, good luck with your tests tomorrow. I hope you're enjoying beautiful weather.
    We've been under a fire alert here because of the hot, dry, windy weather.
    It's currently 61F, 16C. Abundant sunshine. Near record high temperatures. High near 85F, 29C. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    It was so nice to see my friend yesterday. We're going to try to get together more often. She's really sweet and I enjoy her company.
    Wishing all a pleasant Thursday.
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon
    It is currently 87 here, a little too hot for April.
    I brought my car in for an oil change and tire rotation. My service plan had expired so I had to pay out of pocket.
    I worked a little in the yard today, went for a 2 mile walk and sat on the deck and read for a while.
    Irene-sorry to hear about your friend.
    Ed-glad you were happy with your Dr. visit.
    Vix-It is always nice to catch up with old friends.
    Hope you all had a good day! :)
  • parityanimal
    edited April 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 15 (Celsius) foggy degrees with an expected high of 21 under partly cloudy skies and 60% chance of precipitation that could include thundershowers.

So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, Irene.

• eku0
    good morning
    Jo, sounds like you are keeping busy. Yardwork is good exercise. Do you have somewhere special you walk near home? My daughter told me about a trail starting in another part of our development that sounds good.
    Ed, your temps are a bit cooler than here. I thought it would be warmer there, guess it's just how the air flows across. Enjoy the nice weather.
    It's currently 58F, 14C. Opened up the windows for now. Partly cloudy skies this morning will become overcast during the afternoon. Near record high temperatures. High around 85F, 29C. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    A friend brought us some magic lilies yesterday. She knows so much about plants and local fauna, it's fun to talk with her about it and get some tips.
    We also babysat for a little while with our granddaughter while our grandson went to soccer practice. They are too cute!
    Our housecleaner is coming today, and I have to make a trip to the library. Will see what else the day brings.
    Wishing all an easy Friday. 🌞
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying sunny Saturday!

We have 17 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected high of 27 under mostly sunny skies and 2% chance of precipitation.

I really need to get to Kroger today. I might get some laundry going too. Right now Dinah is demanding her breakfast!

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, enjoy your shopping, and Dinah's company.
    I cleaned out my bathroom cupboard yesterday. Need to do that every so often! Now to get to the kitchen cupboards again.
    We have a free day today, will see what it brings.
    It's currently 64F, 17C. Cloudy skies this morning followed by scattered showers and thunderstorms during the afternoon. High 74F,23C.
    Wishing all a happy Saturday and a fun weekend.
  • parityanimal
    x2i6bbulfyvq.png
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    It is raining lightly here and 49F.
    Yesterday I power washed the deck.
    Today I have no plans, but I am sure I will find something to do.
    Enjoy your day! :)