Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good afternoon,
    It was in the 50's today, but windy. I did a little work in the yard. I am slowly making progress.
    Vix if we lived closer, we could walk together. I start out each day saying I am going to go for a walk. It hasn't happened yet.
    I do get on the elliptical machine every day for 30 minutes.
    Enjoy your evening. :)
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,312 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 13 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 27 and 18% chance of precipitation.

Lots going on with the new project. I closed several QA tickets yesterday and am expecting several more today. There is always lots of testing for works in progress!

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    good morning
    Jo, yardwork like housework is never ending! I'm lucky, hubby does the yardwork. I would definitely walk with you if you were nearby. That would be so much fun. I did the neighborhood loop yesterday around noon. The weather was beautiful, just right for walking, sunny and perfect with a light jacket. I go on my elliptical for 20 minutes and do some PT exercises (strength and stretching) for 20-30 minutes daily, but it's not enough.
    Ed, sounds like your new project is keeping you busy.
    Irene, I hope you're getting the nice weather as we are.
    It's currently 51F, 10.5C. Plenty of sunshine. High 78F, 25.5C. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Just like a summer day!
    I am going to clay crafters this afternoon, which pretty much takes up most of the day.
    Wishing all an interesting Tuesday.
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    The sun is shining and a high of 66. I will be doing some more yard work today, before the rain sets in. The next 2 days are supposed to rain.
    Vix-have fun at clay crafters. What are you working on?
    Ed-work seems to be keeping you busy.
    Hi Irene-how is your foot? feeling any better?
    Have a great day! :)

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 17 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 30 and 15% chance of precipitation.

Another day, another dollar!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning
    Jo, I'm doing mostly hand building with clay now. My latest was some miniatures that I'm using as tiny planters.
    ixorgivtckup.jpg
    Ed, I'm really liking the Celsius readings.
    We're having a summer day here today.
    It's currently 61F, 16C. A mix of clouds and sun. High around 85F, 29C! Winds S at 10 to 20 mph.
    I have an acupuncture appt later this morning, and need to stop at the library. Will see what else the day brings.
    Happy 🐫 day.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 19 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected partly sunny high of 28 and 42% chance of rain that could include some thunder and lightning.

I fixed most of a nagging problem with running one aspect of our current main focus, as it just couldn't run the android emulator on my work PC, though that worked on others. Had to add a windows feature and decided to upgrade the work PC operating system to Windows 11 while I was at it, since it has more native support for android emulation anyway, so some of that upgrade ran rather late.

Despite that, Dinah and I got the freshly dried laundry folded and put away.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, sounds like work is keeping you really busy. Look at you folding the laundry right away! :wink:
    It's currently 65F, 18C. Mostly cloudy at the moment. The cherry blossoms were gorgeous this week.
    Isolated thunderstorms during the morning becoming more widespread this afternoon. Gusty winds and small hail are possible. High 81F, 27C. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph.
    Wishing all a sweet Thursday.
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Vix-those planters are so cute!
    Ed-Dinah is a good helper.
    Hi Irene.
    I went and got a haircut yesterday. It is shorter than I have been wearing it.
    It is currently raining and 45, by this afternoon the temps are supposed to be in the 70's.
    I have no plans for today.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 18 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 21 and 53% chance of precipitation.

The team and I have a demo with the big boss today. I get to actually DO the demo, but that's usually the case. As the QA engineer, I probably spend the most time in the application even though the programmers may know more about how it all works in the finer points of the code.

• parityanimal
    29s9u4f0xq29.png
  • eku0
    good morning
    Jo, I had fun with those planters. :wink: Nice to get a new haircut before the summer.
    I put some color in mine yesterday.
    Ed, good luck with your demo. QA is an important part of the lifecycle.
    We also spent some time with the grandchildren yesterday. Always so much fun.
    Taking hubby to pain Dr this morning, and will see what else the day brings. Cooler today.
    It's currently 50F, 10C. Generally cloudy. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 56F,13C. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph.
    Wishing all an easy Friday.
  • parityanimal
    eku0 wrote: »
    Ed, good luck with your demo. QA is an important part of the lifecycle.

The demo went really well. The big boss (owner and CEO) was impressed with the amount of progress we had made with the product in the last month. It's something he's been wanting for years and now it looks like it will probably actually happen.

The whole development team felt like it was great. We still need to talk him out of some of what he thought should be in in, that we disagree on, or come to a compromise on those, perhaps holding them for phase two, but the initial product, mark 1, may be mostly done in another month if we aren't swamped with too much client support stuff.

We have been training the regular support staff a LOT for the last year, so they can deal with some of the more esoteric issues, and an old friend (and previous co-worker of J's) joined us about a year ago, as a project manager (in support) not entirely coincidental to the support team being able to take on more of the technical support than before. I wrote a lot of their documentation during that year too, and will be maintaining it for the foreseeable future.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, congrats on your successful demo and the progress you and your team are making. Yay!
    It's another cool day today. The cherry blossoms and ornamental pear flowers are starting to fade, but the redbuds and forsythia are looking beautiful and a lot of the regular trees are budding.
    It's currently 40F, 4C. Partly cloudy this morning, becoming cloudy during the afternoon. High around 55F, 13C. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.
    We're having a family celebration tomorrow, so I'll be baking a cheesecake today and preparing a fruit salad. Will see what else the day brings.
    Wishing all a wonderful weekend.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 7 (Celsius) rainy degrees (feels like 4) with an expected rainy high of 8 degrees. I need to get out to a grocery for potatoes and a few other things, but mainly potatoes. There aren't enough in the bin to make potato salad tomorrow.

The spiral sliced ham is out of the freezer and thawed up for tomorrow's dinner. J will be having baked tofu with barbecue sauce. Small croissants are in the freezer, and will do for a roll. I will also make deviled eggs and possibly a small gratin of broccoli. Chocolate pie from the freezer for dessert.

Right now, though, another cup of tea.

• eku0
    edited April 2023
    good morning
    Family brunch today. Celebrating birthdays and holidays! Cheesecake and fruit salad are ready to go. 🌞🎂
    It's currently 37F, 3C. Plentiful sunshine. High 61F, 16C. Winds light and variable. There was frost on the lawns this morning, but it should warm up nicely.
    Wishing all a joyful Sunday.
    itync1dzso2u.png
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    Happy Easter
    been having a problem getting on lately
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! Happy Easter to those who celebrate it.

The cats, astonishingly, let me sleep in until almost 9:30 this morning.

We have 10 (Celsius) sunny degrees (feels like 8) with an expected sunny high of 18 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I may get out to the store in a minute, as I never did yesterday. It was just too miserable to bother. But J said I didn't need to worry about potato salad. I may heat up some frozen fried rice for his dinner and add a bunch of baked tofu with teriyaki sauce to it. We'll see.

I will still make deviled eggs, because I always make those for Easter, even if I am dining alone.

The ham, deviled eggs, maybe some scalloped or au gratin potatoes, and a small spinach souffle would make a lovely, fairly simple Easter dinner.

• parityanimal
    Easter dinner. Deviled eggs for appetizer. All butter mini croissants. Spiral sliced ham, spinach souffle, sour cream and chive mashed potatoes. Fried rice with teriyaki tofu for Jason. Chocolate pie for dessert.

2gt5lnasgdkk.png

09edbbka36n4.png

gaqzeu12p5g3.png

lg1sj5xb6nhr.png

xw7m3de2f9pj.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 7 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected partly sunny high of 19 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I had my favorite day-after-Easter breakfast of ham and eggs, along with a couple of the leftover mini-croissants and a dab of strawberry/prickly pear fruit spread on each of the rolls.

Back to the grind today!