Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    edited April 2023
    good morning
    Ed, I remember the first Earth Day. We called it Whole Earth Day, and had a big gathering on campus, lots of talk and good intentions of saving the environment, and peace. If only.
    It's currently 46F, 8C. Mainly sunny to start, then a few afternoon clouds. High 62F, 17C. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph. We had a t-storm yesterday afternoon, pretty good downpour. I made a big pot of butternut squash soup.
    I've been flaring lately, so will probably take it easy today.
    Wishing all a peaceful Sunday.

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,312 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous, sunny Sunday!

We have 14 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected high of 21 under mostly sunny skies and 1% chance of precipitation.

Sorry to hear you are having flare ups, Vix.

I never did get to Kroger yesterday, but we dropped J's car off for new tires, went to Del Taco for lunch, came home and J got some yard work done. I stopped at Walgreen's as I went past, at one point, to get a couple of things, and, later, we went to supper at a great Indian restaurant that is quite a drive away. It's about 25 to 30 minutes to get there. On the way home from that we stopped at Ingles and got some frozen foods that they carry, but I haven't seen at Kroger.

There just wasn't really a good window for a Kroger trip and by the time the day was over, I was really tired from all the running around. It was probably good for me.

Today I'll try to get to Kroger. LOL.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    It is currently 54F and raining. It is supposed to rain all day.
    Vix-sorry to hear you are having a flare up. Do you think it is caused by doing too much or something you are eating?
    Ed-sounds like you had a busy day yesterday.
    Hi Irene.
    We went and picked Tulips yesterday. They raised the prices. I think it would have been cheaper to just buy some from the store.
    I usually only drink one coffee a day and yesterday I had a cold brew iced latte. I was jittery all afternoon. I guess I am just a one cup a day gal. ;)
    Today is laundry and I am going to cook a roast beef with carrots and parsnips.
    Have a relaxing Sunday! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 9 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees (feels like 7) with an expected partly cloudy high of 20 and 0% chance of precipitation.

Might be an interesting day at work. Eggs, sausage links, and southern style biscuits for breakfast.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:

AI Phishbait

Artificial intelligence (AI) has become increasingly popular in the past year. Many people have started using AI chatbots like ChatGPT or Google Bard. Unfortunately, cybercriminals are taking advantage of AI’s popularity to steal your information.

In a recent scam, cybercriminals created fake Facebook ads for free downloads of AI products. If you click one of these ads, you’ll be prompted to download a fake file. Once you download the file, malware will be activated on your device. Cybercriminals can use this malware to steal sensitive information, such as your credit card numbers and passwords.

Follow the tips below to stay safe from similar scams:
    • Cybercriminals can buy ads anywhere. So, always think before you click.
    • Only download files from trusted sources, such as the official Google or AI website. Watch out for ads that prompt you to click links instead of visiting official websites.
    • Before you click an ad, hover your mouse over it to view the related link. Make sure that the link leads to a legitimate, safe website that corresponds with the content in the ad.

The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4 dot com

• eku0
    edited April 2023
    good morning
    Ed, I hope you have an interesting day at work.
    I've been getting a lot of emails/scams to click and fill out a survey, and getting $90. Of course I report them all as spam, but I'm sure the bots are just churning them out with different addresses and company names.
    Jo, how nice to pick tulips! Ours are starting to bloom, we have a lot of different varieties so they bloom at different times.
    I'm not sure what is causing my flares, but my diet has been off. I'm having a hard time getting that under control. Also I know stress about even small things is not my friend. Every day I say it's a new day, and I try to get my diet back on track. Sometimes I think trying to stick to my diet causes stress, which is a vicious cycle.
    Hi Irene, hope all is well.
    It's currently 47F, 8C. We have a freeze watch for tonight. Partly cloudy this morning, then becoming cloudy during the afternoon. High 58F, 14C. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 6 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees (feels like 4) with an expected partly cloudy high of 20 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Another day, another dollar!

• eku0
    good morning
    It's currently 35F, 2C. Kind of cloudy at the moment, but supposed to be mostly sunny. High 61F, 16C. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
    I'm off to clay crafters this afternoon.
    Wishing all a fine Tuesday.
  • eku0
    edited April 2023
    good morning
    It's currently 42F, 6C, and despite the forecast, I see no sun. "Some sun this morning with increasing clouds this afternoon. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 67F,19C. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph."
    I glazed a couple of miniature furniture planters yesterday, and set the kiln up for a glaze fire. I think I'm going to make a large flower pot next to use up some of the old recycled clay.
    I'll probably go to the library later, and take care of some paperwork, and other puttering around the house.
    Wishing all a happy 🐫 day.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 12 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected high of 16 under cloudy skies and 82% chance of precipitation.

Feels like winter is trying to make a tepid comeback, but not too succesfully.

The dishwasher is running. I have a bit of data analysis to do this morning, as I started a test data sync at the end of the day yesterday. Assuming it finished, I get to compare the data on both sides to determine whether the sync was fully successful or had issues.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 12 (Celsius) degrees with fog. The expected overcast high is 17 with 86% chance of precipitation. I can feel that 86% chance in my bones!

More data analysis this morning. Got some done yesterday but the data sync had problems at first, so I didn't get started on the analysis until late in the day. The programmers were having issues too. We're trying it with different database engines to see how well it works with different ones.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning,
    we have rain so it looks like my walk is going to be put on hold
  • eku0
    good morning
    It rained a bit yesterday, there was a rainbow for a few minutes in the afternoon. I didn't get to the library, so will do that today.
    Good luck with your analysis and the fixes, Ed.
    Irene, hope it clears up later for your walk.
    Jo, hope all is well, and you're enjoying your free time.
    It's currently 55F,13C. A mix of clouds and sun (mostly cloudy) during the morning will give way to cloudy skies this afternoon. High 69F,21C. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a pleasant Thursday.

• Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    I just realized that I haven't been on in a few days.
    Today was sunny but a little cool. I repotted some plants and put some mulch down in one of my flower beds. I also power washed the front stairs.
    I read in my green and clean book that if I put my oven racks out in the grass overnight that the next morning I should be able to just wipe them clean with little or no scrubbing. I will let you know how it works.
    I went to the library on Thursday. I hadn't been since my kids were little. I was no longer in the system, so had to get a new card.
    Have a great evening. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 15 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 25 and 17% chance of rain.

We made a lot of progress yesterday, and I think the week is ending well.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, glad you've made good progress on your project. Yay!
    Jo, let us know if the oven rack trick works. I left them in my oven last time when I set the oven to clean, and that worked pretty well. Congrats on getting an updated library card. I usually go about once a week. Saves me from filling my house with books!
    Irene, hope all is well.
    Well, they got the forecast right this morning. "Periods of rain. High near 55F, 13C. Winds E at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall possibly over one inch. Locally heavy rainfall possible." It's pouring out there, and pretty windy. It's currently 50F, 10C.
    I have a massage scheduled for this morning and my housecleaner is coming today. Two, really great things!
    Wishing all an easy Friday and a great weekend ahead.
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    It is 50F with a high of 63F. The sun is shinning now but clouds are due in this afternoon. The rain will hit us tomorrow.
    Grocery shopping is planned for today.
    Vix-enjoy your massage and your clean house.
    Ed-congrats on making progress on your program.
    Hi Irene.
    Have a great day! :)

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    looks like another rainy day here
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,
    another rainy day here. My poor Sammie hates the rain I gave meds yesterday to help but I don't want to keep giving her meds you guys have any ideas
  • IreneMurman
    Ed and Jo have you heard from Mike hoping he is ok ! I am thinking he is in the hospital again let me know if you hear anything.
    Hi Vix