Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,312 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 18 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected high of 22 under partly cloudy skies and 17% chance of precipitation.

I didn't get any laundry done yesterday, but maybe today. A couple of fried eggs and a bowl of DIY raisin bran for breakfast. I put some bran flakes in the bowl and added a 1-ounce box of raisins, as I prefer not to have my raisins covered with sugar, as they tend to be in most commercial raisin bran cereal. It tastes fine to me without the extra sugar.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    good morning
    Jo, hubby power washed the deck yesterday too! I honored national laundry day and did all the sheets, and the blanket in the spare room. I also roasted some cashews and baked some butternut squash so it's ready for making soup. I have no plans either, but as you say, there's always something to do. I'm thinking of making some hot and sour soup later.
    We bought some new cushions for our outdoor furniture. It looks so much better. Really spruces it up.
    Hi, Ed and Irene!
    It's currently 68F, 20C, perfect! A mix of clouds and sun early followed by cloudy skies this afternoon. High 81F,27C. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a relaxing Sunday.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 7 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected sunny high of 20 and 1% chance of precipitation.

Home assembled raisin bran again for breakfast. I have two more 1-ounce boxes of raisins and both will probably be used for more raisin bran.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning
    Chilled off a bit today.
    It's currently 52F, 11C. Sun and clouds mixed. High 66F, 19C. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph.
    I made hot and sour soup yesterday, one of my favorites. Took the new outdoor lounge cushion back, it was the wrong size, but the chair cushions are fine.
    Another new week, wishing all a good one.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning,
    thanks everyone.
    Hope everyone has done there taxes you only have one more day happy to say ours have been done for awhile.
    take care
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    Currently 54 with a high of 60 and slight drizzle.
    Today is the Boston Marathon. My daughter and her friend went in to watch it.
    Yesterday we went and toured the Ames Mansion. Oliver Ames made his fortune in making shovels. The Mansion is now on the grounds of Borderland State Park in Easton, Ma. We go walking there a lot.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • parityanimal
    edited April 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 6 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 26 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I got a lot done yesterday and expect fixes for a number of things I wrote up yesterday. Should be a good day.

cynlo3tccimj.png

• eku0
    edited April 2023
    good morning
    Ed, have fun testing fixes. Isn't everyday exercise day! ha!
    Jo, you and your daughter always do such interesting things!
    Irene, is your foot feeling better?
    It's a little chillier here today. Currently 46F, 8C. Cloudy skies this morning will become partly cloudy this afternoon. High 63F, 17C. Winds W at 15 to 25 mph. The little change in the wind makes a big difference. I can see the trees dancing.
    I have clay crafters this afternoon, will exercise this a.m. and do my puzzles.
    Wishing all a fine day.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 8 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected sunny high of 29 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I've noticed this site seems to have become a bit less slow.

• eku0
    good morning
    It's currently 35F, 2C. There was some frost this a.m. Plentiful sunshine. High 71F, 22C. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.
    I have an acupuncture appt later this morning. Will see what else the day brings.
    Wishing all a happy 🐫 day.
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    It is 48F and sunny, high of 55.
    I have a dentist appt. this morning. It is around the corner from my house, so I will walk.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 10 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 29 and 1% chance of precipitation.

Plenty of stuff on the agenda for work today.

• eku0
    good morning
    Hope the dentist appt went well, Jo. Nice that you can walk there.
    Hi Ed and Irene.
    Hubby planted some ferns that a friend gave us. There were so many, I put some in a pot and gave some to another friend.
    Will see what today brings.
    It's currently 48F, 9C. Abundant sunshine. High 83F, 28C. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a happy Thursday.

• Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    I ended up having to have a root canal, so I spent most of the day at the dentist. I go back in 2 weeks to have a new cap put on.
    Sunny and 44F with a high of 64F.
    Today I have to run a few errands and then I will putter around the yard for a while.
    Vix-How nice of your friend to give you some ferns.
    Hi Irene and Ed.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 15 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 27 and 2% chance of precipitation.

They made some code changes late in the day yesterday, so will have fun with that today.

• eku0
    good morning
    Oh my, Jo, glad you got your tooth taken care of, but that was quite a bit! I hope you're feeling ok. Hugs.
    My friend and I share plants and seeds. It's become a thing we do, I love it. She does tend to give in abundance, and I'm glad I could share with another friend.
    Ed, sounds like you'll be busy with testing.
    Hi Irene.
    It's going to be a hot one here today. It's currently 62F, 17C and I have my window open for now. A mix of clouds and sun expected. High 88F,31C. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
    It's been an odd week for me. I keep losing track of what day it is!
    Wishing all an easy Friday, and a fun weekend ahead.
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 59F with a high of 63F and sunny.
    I went grocery shopping this morning and got gas for my car. I just made a small batch of raspberry jam. I also made beeswax wraps.
    They can be used to cover bowls and wrap items that you would usually use plastic wrap for. They are reusable. I am trying to cut down on using one time use plastics.
    I just got the new JD Robb book, Encore in Death. I am going to sit out on the deck and read for awhile.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • eku0
    good morning
    Jo, I've never heard of beeswax wraps. I'll have to look that up. Always good to cut down on waste and use of plastic. I've lost track of the JD Robb books, haven't kept up. I read a lot of them!
    Yesterday I went for a walk, exercised, did some laundry, balanced the checkbook for 2 months (somehow missed doing it last month), and checked and paid the credit card bill. Sat on the porch for a little while, but it got too hot.
    It's cooled down a bit today and for the rest of the week. It's currently 62F, 17C. Cloudy this morning with thunderstorms developing this afternoon. High 72F, 22C. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph.
    I'd like to spend some time outdoors today and I have a little bit of cleaning to do.
    Wishing all a pleasant Saturday, and a fun weekend.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 14 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 21 and 5% chance of precipitation.

I might get out to the grocery today, after breakfast.

• parityanimal
    kj92uawmj78q.png