Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning,
    Irene-I haven't heard from Mike.
    It is cloudy here with a chance of rain.
    My car battery was dead when I went to go out yesterday. Hubby charged the battery and put in some water when he got home from work.
    Today I forgot my grocery list, so went from memory, I now have to go back to the store to get half of the items that were on my list.
    I hope you all have a better day than me. :#
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,312 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 20 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 27 and 9% chance of precipitation.

I need to get out this weekend for groceries and cat needs. Some of that may be today.

Irene, I sent an email of inquiry to Mike on Wednesday after not hearing from him since the Saturday before. Got no answer. I would have to agree that he's probably back in the hospital. I have been periodically checking obituary information for the area, and the site has not had any information on an obituary for a Mike (or Michael) Torre.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    good morning
    I hope Mike is ok.
    Irene, have you tried puppy raincoat and boots?
    Ed, enjoy the weekend. Are you getting storms?
    Jo, good that hubby is handy and could fix your battery. I hope your day gets better.
    My massage was nice, I'm so lucky to get them. Unfortunately, my house cleaner got sick, so she had to cancel. Hopefully she'll be better by next week and able to come then. In the meantime, I'll do some light maintenance cleaning.
    It rained all day yesterday. It's currently 53F, 12C. Cloudy. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 69F. Winds light and variable.
    I got one of the scam window virus alerts today that kind of locked everything up. I had to use task manager to close my browser. I ran my Norton virus scan and cleared my cache, rebooted, and everything came up ok. I truly hate scammers!

• eku0
    edited April 2023
    good morning
    It's raining, it's pouring! It's currently 57F, 14C. Potential for heavy rainfall, with a marginal risk of severe weather. High near 60F, 16C. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a peaceful Sunday.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous, soggy Sunday!

We have 14 (Celsius) rainy degrees (feels like 13), but this batch of rain is expected to end in about an hour. All the same I'm glad I got most of my shopping done yesterday. Nothing that is still on the list is critical, so I don't have to get out today if I don't want to. The expected high is 21 under overcast skies with 85% chance of rain. It was nice all day yesterday, but I woke to rain this morning. No storms in the immediate forecast, so that's good.

I had noticed that it was getting very overcast as I returned from my second trip yesterday, late in the afternoon. My early afternoon trip was for cat supplies and food, some specialty wine, and then to Lidl for a few items I can only find there.

I came home, put all that away, and had some late lunch to recharge, then went to a different liquor store for a wine tasting in their next door annex (very nice) and a couple of purchases in the store later, I crossed the parking lot to Kroger and picked up the rest of the critical items. What's left on the list are Kroger items too, but it's looking like our Kroger may not carry them anymore, so if I go out today, it will be to a more distant Kroger to see if they carry the items. Maybe Kroger stopped making them (Private Select Kroger items), but I hope not. In the interval, I did get one each of some possible alternates to try, none of which are specifically Kroger items.

If I do go to the more distant Kroger, I can stop by Tuesday Morning if they are open and grab a couple of items there too.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    Good Sunday morning,
    well it started to rain again but we did get a walk we were home maybe 5 minutes when it started again.
    Raincoats don't help she shakes and gets really scared she hides in one of our smaller bathrooms. Which is ok she likes it because its dark in there I always keep an eye on here.
    Praying Mike is ok.
    Take care
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    We have rain and more rain coming our way.
    Nothing on the agenda for today.
    I just finished reading The 18th abduction by James Patterson.
    As for leaving my oven racks in the grass overnight, I still had to use a brillo pad to scrub them. I think this was a fail.
    Have a pleasant day and stay dry. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday!

We have 8 (Celsius) clear degrees (feels like 6) with an expected sunny high of 19 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I did get out to the more distant Kroger yesterday. Tuesday Morning was open, but didn't have what I was wanting there, but Kroger did at least have one of the Private Select items that I was searching for, as well as snack items similar to what I had been hoping to find at Tuesday Morning. Of course, Kroger didn't have the towel I was looking for at Tuesday Morning, but that wasn't critical.

I also picked up some Indian heat and eat items for Sunday lunch. I had Chicken Tikka Masala and J had potato and cauliflower curry, like Aloo Ghobi, but maybe a bit saucier.

Back to work today.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, those Indian meals sound yummy. And the wine tasting must have been fun. Our nearby Tuesday Morning closed a few years ago. You make shopping sound like an adventure! ;)
    Irene, poor Sammie. It's good that you know what calms her down.
    Jo, it's been raining a lot here too. I didn't know how that grass trick was going to work. Luckily, my racks get clean when I turn on the self clean for my oven, just have to wipe everything down when it's done. The last 2 books I read were Finlay Donovan Jumps the Gun by Elle Cosimano (it is the 3rd in a series, sort of like Janet Evanovitch novels) and Crying in H Mart by Michelle Zauner, which was getting a lot of hype. She's a singer and it was autobiographical mostly about her feelings after her mother's death. I wouldn't really recommend it, I thought it dragged.
    It's currently 47F, 8C. A mix of clouds and sun this morning followed by increasing clouds with showers developing this afternoon. High 57F,14C. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph.
    Another new week, wishing everyone a good one.
  • IreneMurman
    hi all,
    the sun is finally out
  • parityanimal
    edited May 2023
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:

Linktree Link Scam

Linktree is a landing page service where businesses and individuals can list multiple links on one page. This service is often used on social media for quick and easy access to multiple webpages. However, cybercriminals can also use Linktree to host malicious links to try to steal your personal information.

In a recent scam, you get a notification that a file has been shared with you by someone you know, but it’s actually a cybercriminal in disguise. This notification prompts you to open the file through a link. If you click the link, you’ll be redirected to a legitimate Linktree page that contains a fake Microsoft 365 link. This link will take you to a login page that prompts you to enter your Microsoft credentials. Once you share this information, cybercriminals can use it for their malicious purposes.

Follow the tips below to stay safe from similar scams:
    • Never click a link or download an attachment in an email that you weren’t expecting.
    • Be cautious before you enter your online credentials. Verify that the login page is safe and legitimate.
    • Make sure that the sender is actually who they say they are. If the sender claims to be someone you know, reach out to them in person or by phone to verify.

The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4 dot com
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 9 (Celsius) sunny degrees (feels like 8) with an expected windy/breezy high of 21 and 2% chance of precipitation.

As the project gets more complete, I am finding some newly written bugs so work has been interesting, to say the least.

Turkey sausage links and Kodiak protein waffles for breakfast, with a drizzle of real maple syrup.

• eku0
    good morning
    Irene, we had a few minutes of sun yesterday too, it was nice. Back to gray today.
    Ed, good that you have some puzzles to figure out at work, always makes it more fun.
    Hi Jo!
    It's currently 44F, 7C. A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 51F,11C. West wind 10 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
    Off to clay crafters this afternoon.
    Wishing all an interesting Tuesday.
  • IreneMurman
    Good morning,
    well its rainy again getting pretty tired of the rain
    take care
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 8 (Celsius) sunny degrees (feels like 7) with an expected sunny high of 21 and 1% chance of precipitation.

Not sure how today will go, as it's looking like a good chunk will be spent in team meetings. Maybe I should line up some quiet snacks to have by my side.

• eku0
    good morning
    Irene, me too! Tired of all the gray skies.
    Ed, hope your meetings are interesting.
    Hi Jo.
    It's currently 43F, 6C. Cloudy with occasional showers this afternoon. High 53F,12C. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
    I have acupuncture this morning and a visit with my pain Dr. this afternoon. That'll keep me busy.
    Wishing all a happy 🐫 day.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,
    looks like we are going to have rain for the next couple of days
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    It is raining here also.
    Yesterday I went to get my hair done. Today I am going to the dentist to get my permanent cap put on.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 6 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 23 and 10% chance of precipitation.

I woke up to the heat kicking on in the house.

Not sure what will be the priority today at work. A little support work got tossed at us this week. I wrote a short SQL script to take care of one of the problems the client was having, but the other will require a bit of work from the programmers.

• eku0
    good morning
    Irene, I think we're mostly done with the rain until next Tuesday, anyway the sun is out this morning. Yay!
    Jo, I hope you like your new hairdo. It'll be nice to get your permanent cap. Yay!
    Ed, it's starting to warm up a little here. Work sounds busy.
    It's currently41F, 5C. So nice to see some sun! Partly to mostly cloudy. Slight chance of a rain shower. High near 60F, 16C. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Our housecleaner is coming today and I have some errands to run.
    Wishing all a pleasant Thursday.