Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning,
    Vix I hope everything is ok!
    I did start doing yard work actually ordered artificial flowers from amazon they look really nice and I won't have to worry about the deer eating them! Every year the deer eat my plants I wish they would eat the weeds lol.
    Sad to see bb&b go away I shopped at that store a lot.
    Jo enjoy your trip to the garden shop.
    Ed glad you fixed the problem
    take care everyone ,still haven't heard anything about Mike.
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,312 Member
    eku0 wrote: »
    Ed, sometimes it's good to keep going when you're into the nitty gritty. Spicy taco salad sounds good.
    The visit to the cardiologist was pretty short. Had an EKG, and he set up appts for an echocardiogram in a couple of weeks and a nuclear stress test at the end of June. I guess that'll give them a better idea of what is going on. I feel ok, so I'm not worried about it.

I'm not doing that tonight, though I may start another data sync test if S merges some changes tonight. But otherwise, tonight should be easier.

When I had all my heart stuff done at the end of 2019 it wasn't too bad.

It helped that the cute little guy doing the nuclear test was so funny! We had a great conversation, and I almost forgot to be nervous. I did get quite a rush shortly after the injection, but no nuclear super powers, which was a bit disappointing. LOL.

I think now that I have finished tonight's Vesper Martini and sesame stick snacks, I may check to see if S has merged the changes so I can start a data sync to run overnight.

Joanne, I was lucky and had extra garden soil from what I bought last year. I just topped off the containers, loosened the top several inches of soil, and sprinkled some fertilizer. I am saving egg shells to add calcium for the plants, and may add just a little coffee grounds to acidify the soil a bit.

You have reminded me that I need to step out and water the nascent tomato and pepper plants.

I'm thinking veggie burgers with egg and cheese for dinner, and just a few French fries.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 19 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected high of 23 under cloudy skies and 81% chance of precipitation that could include thunderstorms.

I can hear my work calling out to me in the other room, but am ignoring it for the moment, as I'm not on the clock yet and pretty sure what I most want to test won't be ready until then anyway. If it's not quite ready when I get in there, I do have something else to work on.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    edited May 2023
    good morning
    Jo, it's nice that you enjoy gardening. We have several flowers blooming now, lots of irises, the lilacs are starting to bloom, clematis, and some small pink and purple flowers I can't remember the names of.
    Irene, that's funny! It would be nice if the deer ate the weeds! I ended up getting 2 Nestwell pillows and a new front door mat yesterday, successful shopping trip. :)
    Ed, I miss the "fixing things" part of work. I've substituted online number puzzles and word games, but not quite the same satisfaction. Thanks for mentioning the heart tests, I really don't know what to expect. The Dr. seemed nice, but very busy and rushed. I hope he takes more time after the tests are done to explain things to me.
    We babysat for a couple of hours last night. It's so nice to spend time with the little ones. I have a massage scheduled for this morning. Yay!
    It's currently 58F, 14C. Going to be a hot one. Partly cloudy. High near 85F,29C. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all an easy Friday.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good afternoon;
    It is currently 80F with a nice breeze.
    I went grocery shopping this morning, made sugar water for the hummingbirds and put the feeder up. I also finished another book.
    While I was working, I didn't have much time to read. I am now reading every day. It is one of my favorite things to do.
    Vix-Does BBB still accept coupons?
    Enjoy this beautiful weather. :)
  • eku0
    Jo, I think they stopped accepting coupons on May 8.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,
    I have been reading a lot of different stores are taking the coupons. I think Christmas tree store and Boscov's so hope that helps.
    Yesterday was Sammie's 3rd birthday we made it special for her with a puppy cake and lots of toys we also took her to Veterans park she loved it.
    Our weather yesterday got up to 88 it was great.
    Take care everyone
  • eku0
    good morning
    Jo, nice that you have a hummingbird feeder. We plant a lot of flowers for them. Reading is one of my favorite things too.
    Irene, wow Sammie's 3 already, sounds like a great puppy birthday celebration. It was about 85 here yesterday. I tend to like it a little cooler.
    It's currently 66F, 19C. Cloudy with periods of rain. High 72F,22C. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.
    Will see what the day brings.
    Wishing all a great weekend.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 20 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 20 and 17% chance of precipitation.

I need to get out to a grocery store or two today, any mail my A1C blood card in so I can get that result.

We had dinner with friends last night at a nice Chinese restaurant. We'll be having leftovers from that for lunch.

• eku0
    edited May 2023
    good morning
    Ed, Chinese food sounds delicious. I haven't had any in a while, except what I make at home.
    It's currently 54F, 12C. Sunny to partly cloudy. High 76F, 24C. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.
    09g209sxe121.png
    Wishing everyone a wonderful sunny day!

• Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Happy Mother's Day!
    Currently 54F with a high of 67F and sunny.
    My daughter is bringing over brunch today.
    Have a wonderful day! :)
  • IreneMurman
    Happy Mothers Day Vix and Jo
    Hi Ed enjoy your Chinese food
  • parityanimal
    0tnydcjmlb0z.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

Happy Mother's Day!

We have 27 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 31 and 36% chance of precipitation.

Nothing critical on the agenda today, and it's going to be pretty warm out so not a lot of outdoor activity planned. I got the shopping done yesterday.

• eku0
    edited May 2023
    good morning
    Had a quiet Mother's Day. Put some irises from the yard in a vase, very pretty. And the little ones stopped by for a visit. And hubby bought some ice cream to celebrate. Spent a good amount of time outdoors, mostly reading. Now reading The Rabbit Factor.
    It's currently 48F, 9C. Mainly sunny. High 76F,24C. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    I'll probably go to the library today to return some books, and will see what else the day brings.
    Wishing all a fine new week.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 20 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 27 and 24% chance of precipitation.

I made spaghetti for dinner last night, and had some for breakfast this morning. We'll see what the work day brings.

• eku0
    good morning
    It's currently 53F, 12C. Generally cloudy. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 78F, 26C. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph. Generally cloudy. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 78F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph.
    The hot weather is coming. I was hoping for more of the cooler days.
    I will be going to clay crafters this afternoon. Not sure what I'll be working on.
    Wishing all an engaging Tuesday.

• parityanimal
    edited May 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 21 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 29 and 57% chance of precipitation that could include thunder and lightning.

J and I have been trying to find the cause of a tricky problem, and will continue on that today I'm sure.

• IreneMurman
    Good morning,
    Our weather has been good. but all the crap in the air everything has green stuff all over .
    take care
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    It is currently 66F with a high of 81F.
    Irene-everything here is also covered in pollen.
    I went to the library yesterday and returned 3 books and took out 4 more.
    I am making boneless pork chops with pineapple in the crockpot for dinner tonight.
    Ed-I hope you find a fix for your problem.
    Hi Vix.
    Have a good day! :)