Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,312 Member
    edited May 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 16 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 26 and 1% chance of precipitation.

We didn't get too much done yesterday, as we only had the morning really. We are all attending a virtual Microsoft conference that is physically happening in Seattle and is, of course, on Pacific time. Sessions started at noon, and went well into the evening.

I skipped the opening sessions, opting to watch them later, and went to lunch with our guests, who were leaving after lunch.

At 9:00 the last session I attended finished, and I was in bed by 9:30, recovering from too much activity over the weekend and the out of town guests, who have made it back to their home in Pittsburgh.

J drove up to Kentucky after they were sent on their way, and is staying with his sister for a visit with all the family there. Some of them, including J, are going on a weekend motorcycle run to Virginia and back.

More testing today, and more of the Seattle conference.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    edited May 2023
    good morning
    Jo, sounds like you are keeping busy. I usually go to the library about once a week too. I don't do much in the yard. I cut some irises that had leaned over to the ground this week, so they are beautifying my kitchen area, and I did trim a couple of twigs off our little pear tree. I should probably go around the foundation with the peppermint spray again, but I'll wait for a day with no rain, and when I have more energy.
    Irene, I guess you're getting ready to set your pool up for the summer.
    Ed, you had a long day. Conferences can be tiring, especially when you're not there in person. Sounds like a fun trip for J. Do you ride motorcycles?
    It's currently 53F, 12C. Sun and clouds mixed. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 81F, 27C. Winds light and variable.
    I have very dry, irritated eyes. The eye Dr. was so nice. Gave me a coupon for some expensive eye drops to use once a day and told me to use the regular OTC ones 4 times a day.
    Thankfully, I have nothing planned for today, tired and achy.
    Wishing you all happy 🐫 day.
  • parityanimal
    edited May 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 13 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 27 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I guess I'll have to water the container garden this evening.

The Seattle conference is over, and I have links to sessions I was unable to attend, as well as the ones I did attend, to watch the recorded video if I have time. Today there is one that I definitely want to watch that I couldn't attend because it was full.

We also hope to do a deep dive into why a process that works well on a programmer's system refuses to work on mine.

pcapnh07toxk.png

n62rta9orx7g.png

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    Ed-It looks like you will have a busy work day.
    Vix-I try to do a little something in the yard every day, just to be outside. I have a landscaper that mows the grass and trims the bushes and does spring and fall clean up.
    I joined an online weight loss program through my Dr. office. It is a year long commitment. I will have a personal coach. I hope this will work to help me keep the weight off. Since retirement I have gained about 20 lbs.
    Have a good day! :)

• eku0
    Good morning
    Ed, good that you can link in to the missed sessions. Good luck finding the issue with the process that isn't working on your system. And Happy National Wine Day! I know you'll celebrate that!
    I had a small glass of wine last night, my treat.
    It's currently 51F, 11C. Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 71F, 22C. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph.
    I have a massage scheduled for this morning, and an echocardiogram for the afternoon. Full day.
    Wishing all a cheerful Thursday. 🍷🥂
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    Good Thursday morning,
    Jo good luck with your weight loss hope it helps you.
    Vix sounds like a busy day for you.
    Hi Ed
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 17 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 26 and 2% chance of precipitation.

I may well take a half day today, as I had some long days Tuesday and Wednesday. I won't even need to use any personal time if I decide to do it, because of the long days.

We figured out a lot yesterday, so there may be some new stuff to test this morning.

• eku0
    good morning
    Jo, it's good to spend time outside. I usually sit outside to read or go for a walk. Occasionally find something else to do. Good luck with the weight loss program. I need to lose 15 or 20 pounds too. I gained back most of the weight I lost for my surgery 2 years ago. It's such a battle to keep our weight down!
    Irene, I hope you are enjoying some beautiful weather.
    Ed, congrats on figuring out a lot of the issues and good luck with testing. Sounds like you earned some time off to relax.
    No special plans for today. Will do a little cleaning, the usual routine. It looks so nice out, we'll probably get out and go somewhere.
    It's currently 54F, 12C. Sunny, with a high near 71F, 22C. Northeast wind 6 to 9 mph.
    Wishing all an easy Friday.
  • eku0
    good morning
    I didn't get to the cleaning yesterday, so will try to do that today. Looks like another nice day, so will spend some time outdoors.
    It's currently 46F, 8C. Sun and clouds mixed. High 77F, 25C. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a wonderful holiday weekend.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning,
    looks like it is going to be a nice day
    take care
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 19 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 23 and 0% chance of precipitation.

Our pool party group is opening the season today, and I had intended to attend and bring my baked beans, but woke up with a bad cramp in one leg (mostly better now) and just decided not to go. My social anxiety (part of my general anxiety disorder) is cheering me on for that decision, but I would have liked to see my friends. I'll probably see them next time, so it's OK. I keep up with some of them on social media anyway.

The cats let me sleep in until 9:30! As that is their usual breakfast time, enough was enough and I had to get up. They got their breakfast about 10:00. I'm still working on my tea and haven't gotten to my coffee yet.

White turkey hot dogs for breakfast, on expensive keto buns, with a small serving of chips. A banana for breakfast dessert.

As J is off on his short holiday ride (I do not ride a motorcycle) I will need to water all of my plants and all of his today, as well as the container garden, so I have PLENTY to do even without the pool party.

• eku0
    good morning
    I water my plants on Saturday too. Did the cleaning I neglected from the day before. Had a pretty quiet day.
    It's currently 50F, 10C. Cloudy. Slight chance of a rain shower. High near 75F, 24C. Winds light and variable.
    No special plans for today. Enjoy your long holiday weekend. 🌞
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! We have 19 fair degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 26 and 1% chance of precipitation.

It's a good thing I didn't make the baked beans and head to the pool party because I had forgotten that the party is on Monday, the actual holiday. Most of our parties are on Saturday, but as this was a Monday holiday weekend they scheduled it for the Monday. I may or may not go tomorrow. We'll see how I feel in the morning.

I plan a pretty lazy Sunday here. I may go out for Sunday dinner, but probably not. Haven't looked at my work computer all weekend and plan to keep that up until Tuesday morning.

• eku0
    good morning
    It's currently 59F, 15C. Cloudy early, then off and on rain showers for the afternoon. High 79F,26C. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph.
    We'll be going to our daughter's house later, she is having her in-laws over. I'm bringing a cheesecake.
    Wishing all a good holiday.

pzo4gf5nfnr5.png
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    I lost my post from yesterday.
    Today it will get up to 67F. I have nothing planned for today.
    Yesterday hubby and I went for 3.46 mile walk in the park. It was around 5:30 am, so it was nice and quiet. We then went out to breakfast. For lunch we grilled steaks and had those with asparagus and rice pilaf and chocolate mousse for dessert.
    Vix-enjoy your time with the in-laws. I hope the rain holds off.
    Ed-enjoy your pool party, if you decide to go.
    Hi Irene-when will you open the pool?
    Have a relaxing day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! And it's a day to remember those who gave it all for our freedom.

We have 17 sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 28 and 2% chance of precipitation. Sounds like a lovely day for a pool party, but I have, again, decided not to go. It's a 45 minute or so drive to the venue and, of course, the same to come back home, and I am not feeling like making that drive. I would probably eat too many cookies and snacks anyway, and my glucose has been floating a bit high (not dangerously so) anyway. If J were here, and going, then we could go together and save me the long drive, and I might have more moral support to strengthen my resistance to goodies.

I did have biscuits and gravy for breakfast, to make up for missed cookies. LOL.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 16 (Celsius) fair degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 27 and 10% chance of precipitation.

Back to work today. I need to start learning how to (temporarily) run the planning meetings and maintain the timelines as our person doing that is moving on to another job. I will try to do that as well as my testing, until we can hire a replacement.

Leftover honey and bourbon barbecue sauced shredded chicken (thighs) sandwich for breakfast. I made that for Sunday dinner and am still working on the leftovers.

• eku0
    good morning
    Irene, I guess you've set your pool up. Looks like it will be a good week for it.
    Jo, that sounds like a nice walk, and a good day. I like days with nothing planned sometimes. It gives me a chance to catch up with things I've put off, to simply relax, or allows for surprise activities.
    Ed, good to get time to relax, and get your glucose down. Best wishes running the planning meetings and maintaining the timelines. That's an important piece.
    The party with the in-laws was fun.
    Clay crafters today. That gets me up and out.
    It's currently 56F, 13C. Mostly sunny, with a high near 77F, 25C. East wind around 10 mph. It looks overcast at the moment. Rained last night.
    Wishing all a fine new week.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 19 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with a cloudy high of 26 expected and 63% chance of precipitation.

I was able to get several testing tickets closed yesterday, but have several more that I need to discuss with the programmer. Things are looking pretty good for the application involved.

Breakfast was scrambled eggs with ham and Cheddar.

• eku0
    Good morning
    Always good to see progress, Ed.
    It's currently 59F, 15C. Sunny. Hazy. High 81F, 27C. Winds light and variable.
    I have an acupuncture appt this morning.
    Happy 🐫 day.