Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,312 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 18 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 27 and 22% chance of precipitation with a small chance of thunderstorms.

We're making some progress with the difficulty at work. We need to be able to sync to several different types of databases, and I seemed to have picked the most difficult one for my initial testing. But I'll get to the others later, though the programmers may have them mostly figured out before I get to them. It's all good.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    good morning
    Glad you're getting some nice weather, Irene. I haven't seen the pollen around here, even though there are lots of flowers blooming. The irises are amazing this year.
    Jo, I love the library! Just finished The Rabbit Factor by Antti Tuomainen, a Finnish author, very different book! And started Book 2 of The Dragon Legacy. I am trying to make a clay pumpkin. I started by forming 2 half rounds yesterday, and next week will try to fit them together and maybe do some carving.
    Ed, sounds complex, needing to use different interfaces. I see it's keeping you busy!
    We're getting a few days break from the hot weather. I appreciate when it's a little cooler.
    It's currently 59F, 15C. Plentiful sunshine. High 67F,19C. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph.
    I have acupuncture scheduled for this a.m., and will see what else the day brings.
    Wishing all a happy 🐫day.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    Good morning,
    Wow our allergy's are so bad my husband and I both are suffering.
    Take care
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 19 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of only 22 and 54% chance of precipitation.

Still chasing program issues at work.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning
    Irene, I hope you and George feel better. Do you take something for allergies? I know there are a lot of ads. Although I know it's a PITA to have to take pills!
    Jo, hope you have a fun day planned.
    Ed, hope your testing is going well.
    It's currently 43F, 6C. Abundant sunshine. High 69F, 21C. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Perfect. ;)
    Our housecleaner is coming today. Nothing else on the agenda.
    Wishing all a pleasant Thursday.
  • eku0
    good morning
    It's currently 49F, 9C. Cloudy skies early, then partly cloudy this afternoon. High 73F, 23C. Winds SSE at 10 to 15 mph. Looks like it's going to get hot after today.
    Taking hubby for a procedure this morning. Will see what the day brings.
    Happy Friday everyone. Have a great weekend.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 16 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 24 and 3% chance of precipitation.

We found one of the most show stopping problems yesterday (I said that J had found my kryptonite) and I'm doing further testing today. I believe we have friends arriving tonight to stay for the weekend.

Remus (the one remaining sugar glider) got out during the night and he and the cats had quite the adventure. Fortunately, he is very fast and managed to stay high up where they couldn't get him. I herded cats (with the enticement of treats) while J managed to get Remus back, safely, into his cage.

I will be monitoring memory usage today, and checking how well data continues to sync when changing the source data on the fly.

• IreneMurman
    Good Friday morning,
    It is still chilly here but it is suppose to get warmer.
    Vix hope your husband is ok.
    Ed having pets is like having children glad every thing worked out.
    Hi Jo
  • eku0
    good morning
    Thanks, Irene, hubs is fine, it was a couple of cortisone shots. He should be good for a while.
    Ed, you sound very busy. Sometimes work issues are tough. I'm glad Remus was safe and you were able to get him back in his cage. Enjoy the visit with your friends. Fun!
    Jo, what are you reading now? Hope you're getting some nice weather.
    It's currently 54F, 12C, and foggy here. Cloudy skies with periods of rain this afternoon. High 81F,27C Hot. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a wonderful weekend.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,
    well it looks like another rainy day here lately it has been every Saturday.
    Vix glad your hubby is ok
    Hi Ed and Jo
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning
    It is currently 61F with a high of 66F, and rain is coming for this afternoon.
    Ed-Glad all the pets are ok.
    Vix-I am reading The big Kahuna by Janet Evanovich.
    Hi Irene.
    We are going to a Heritage Festival this morning and a Greek Food Festival in the afternoon. I just hope the rain holds off until later in the day.
    Have a fantastic weekend! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 20 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 26 and 69% chance of precipitation.

The cats (amazingly) let me sleep in until almost 9, but they did poke a bit earlier. We were up late because A arrived late, and there was a luggage delay at the airport, and then we needed dinner and ended up at Denny's finally. Got to bed a bit after midnight, by which time I had turned into a pumpkin.

We thought A's husband would be staying with us too, but for him it is a work trip and they needed him handy at the work site, so he is in a hotel near there. We might see him sometime this trip!

• eku0
    good morning
    Irene, it didn't rain here until last night. I hope you have a sunny day today!
    Jo, that was a good one (I like Evanovich). The festivals sound like fun. You always find such great things to do!
    Ed, so nice that you have company (and the cats let you sleep in).
    Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day to spend some time outdoors.
    It's currently 56F, 14C. Plentiful sunshine. High 79F,26C. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph.
    Wishing all an enjoyable Sunday.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 22 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 26 and 8% chance of precipitation.

We did a lot of walking yesterday, and my legs are feeling it.

Dinner last night was at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants.

• Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    The day started out cloudy and misty and turned into a beautiful sun shiny day.
    Hubby and I went out to breakfast and they to a flea market that is only held twice year. I didn't buy anything and hubby bought a book. When we got home I did some yard work, baked coconut tarts, did the laundry and finished my book.
    Have a good evening! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 19 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected high of 23 under cloudy skies and 37% chance of precipitation.

I may take half the day off, as A is still here until Tuesday. J has the day off but I do want to see whether there is anything I need to test on another project the team is working on.

Dinner last night was pizza delivery, and that covered breakfast this morning too.

• eku0
    good morning
    Sounds like a great day Jo.
    Half a day sounds like a good compromise, Ed.
    Hi Irene.
    It's currently 55F, 13C. Sunny to partly cloudy. High near 80F, 27C. Winds light and variable.
    I have a rheumatologist appt this morning. Babysat for a while yesterday. It was fun.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 17 (Celsius) rainy degrees with an expected high of 21 and rain until around noon, maybe later. The official chance of precipitation is 80%, but we have 100% at our house. I can hear the rain now.

Another day, another dollar. C did finally finish (most of) his work and checked out of the hotel yesterday. He is now in the guest room with A, snoozing. Dinner last night was at an Asian mini hot pot restaurant.

Today, C is still on call for any last minute support problems today, at least until it's time to take them to the MARTA station to head to the airport and then back to Pittsburgh.

I worked the whole day yesterday after all, and likely will today as well. I'll probably be on a call with one of the programmers regarding a product for bar code scanners.

• eku0
    good morning
    Aw, sorry you are working so hard, Ed, but good that you had some time to enjoy your company. The Asian restaurant sounds good.
    Hi Jo and Irene.
    It's currently 55F, 13C. Some sun this morning with increasing clouds this afternoon. High 77F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph.
    I have an eye appt this morning, my eyes have been scratchy, and then clay crafters this afternoon. Busy day.
    Wishing all a gratifying Tuesday.
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Currently 60F with a high of 69F.
    I made my weekly trek to the library, got gas for my car, mulch for my flower beds. Now I just have to drum up some ambition to go and work in the yard.
    Have a good day! :)