Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    It is currently 70F with a high of 80F.
    I made chicken soup this morning and put it in the freezer for later use.
    I repotted a few plants and washed my front picture window on the outside.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,312 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 17 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 28 and 3% chance of precipitation.

I got a lot done yesterday and hope for more of the same today.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    edited June 2023
    good morning
    Jo, you always get so much done in the a.m.
    Ed, glad you had a productive day.
    I made vegetarian hot and sour soup yesterday, did some laundry, and enjoyed some outdoor time.
    It's going to be a hot one today, currently 63F, 17C. Sunny. High 87F,31C. Winds light and variable. Expect hotter tomorrow!
    Going out west next week, so don't worry if you don't hear from me for about a week. I'll be missing 2 clay sessions, but enjoying the mountains. ;)
    WIshing all a pleasant Thursday.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    Good morning,
    Everyone seems to be really busy. We still haven't opened our pool yet waiting for the weather to get a little warmer.
    take care
  • parityanimal
    edited June 2023
    I'm sorry to report that Mike Torre has passed on. I suspect he had been moved to a nursing home or something all this time, and no longer had access to his email.

Obituary can be viewed here:

https://www.hagan-chamberlain.com/obituaries/Michael-Angelo-Torre?obId=28037575
  • eku0
    aw, that's sad. RIP, Mike.
    Thanks for letting us know, Ed.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 18 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 30 and 7% chance of precipitation.

Not as much done yesterday and hope for a slow day today.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning
    Good to have a slow day sometimes, Ed.
    Hi Irene and Jo.
    We went walking in the county park yesterday before it got too hot, about 2-3 miles. That's about my limit for now.
    Our housecleaner is coming today. And I think I will get out to Walmart later. I want to get some packable rain ponchos for our trip. Looks like a lot of rain there next week.
    Another hot one today. It's currently 56F, 13C. Sunny. High 94F,34C. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all an easy Friday, and a great weekend.
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Sorry to hear about Mike's passing.
    Currently 68F with a high of 90.
    Went to the eye Dr. yesterday for a routine eye exam. My vision can't be corrected any more, so it is time to get Cataract surgery.
    Vix-Have a wonderful trip.
    Ed-slow days are good sometimes.
    Hi Irene.
    Grocery shopping and a few other errands today.
    Have a great day! :)
  • IreneMurman
    Good morning,
    Ed thank you for letting us know about Mike may he rest in peace .
    Vix enjoy your vacation.
    Jo good luck with the surgery but I hear its not real hard on your body.
    Today Sammie goes to the vet to get her nails trimmed
    have a great day
  • parityanimal
    Well, it's Friday evening. I didn't get the slow day I had hoped for, but hopefully we finally found a tricky bug in a program that a client has been using. It would have helped if they had given us ALL the details when they first reported it, but we finally got them today and think we have worked it out. We'll give them a new build Monday (never install updated or new software on a Friday) and see if it recurs.

I have a cottage pie in the oven for tonight's dinner.
  • eku0
    good morning
    Jo, wishing you a smooth and easy cataract surgery. Is it scheduled soon?
    Irene, Sammie keeps you busy. I forgot, what breed of dog is she?
    Ed, it's good that you can wait. Sometimes clients don't report all the issues, but rather give them to you in dribs and drabs. It can be frustrating. Glad you have all the details now.
    It's currently 69F, 21C. Partly cloudy early followed by scattered thunderstorms this afternoon. High 83F,28C. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph. I'm glad it's a bit cooler than yesterday!
    Wishing all a great weekend.
  • IreneMurman
    Good morning,
    Our weather yesterday was 90 it sure was warm but today it is in the 60s.We haven't opened our pool in till it stays warm.
    When we were at the vet yesterday she gave us new meds for Sammie 's anxiety hope it works we also ordered a thunder shirt we hate to see her shake hoping some of this stuff works what is nice is the new meds will work fast the meds takes hours to kick in.
    Vix she is a short hair Germain pointer
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 24 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 31 (HOT) and no chance of precipitation.

Some friends are having a garden party tonight in midtown, so I may go. If I do I'm only expected to bring an adult beverage. We'll see how the pollen count is. Lately I step outside for just a moment, to get the mail or water the container garden, and have a sneezing fit shortly thereafter.

The cottage pie was tasty, and I had more of it for breakfast.

• Joanne3366
    Good morning'
    It is currently 49F with a high of 53. We had rain off and on all day yesterday. Today it is cloudy and windy.
    Irene-I hope the thunder shirt and new meds help Sammie.
    Ed-Did you go to the garden party?
    Vix-I will probably have the cataract surgery in the fall.
    I have a few plants to put in the ground today and will probably just putter around the rest of the day.
    Have a relaxing Sunday. :)
  • eku0
    good morning
    Irene, that's a nice looking dog. I'm sorry she has anxiety problems, but hope the new meds work better for her.
    Ed, cottage pie sounds like a nice one dish meal. I hope the pollen count allows you to attend the party.
    Jo, I hope you're enjoying the weekend.
    It's currently 59F, 15C. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 74F, 23C. North wind 5 to 10 mph. I'm glad it's still a bit cooler. Not really ready for the 90sF/30sC!
    Looks like a good outdoors day here.
    Wishing all a pleasant Sunday.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 22 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected high of 27 and 55% chance of afternoon/evening thundershowers.

I did not go to the garden party, and felt good about not going, despite it meaning not seeing some old friends and missing out on JJ's delicious chocolate chip cookies that are ALWAYS present at their parties.

I may just do some laundry today. Or I may not. But I probably will. I'm sure Dinah will be glad to help.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 17 (Celsius) fair degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 29 and 24% chance of precipitation.

I got the laundry washed and dried but it's still waiting in the dryer to be folded. Dinah helped with loading the washer, but she was disappointed because she thought I was already at the FUN part, folding warm clothes. Maybe today.

Back to work first.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, always good to have the freedom to make choices. Good to do what makes you happy.
    Hi Jo and Irene.
    Will be getting ready for our trip today, laundry, packing, library, etc.
    It's currently 60F, 16C. Sun and clouds mixed. High 79F, 26C. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a wonderful new week.
  • IreneMurman
    Good morning,
    Vix have a great trip! When do you leave?
    Hi Ed and Jo