Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,312 Member
    edited June 2023
    Howdy all y'all. Its sumptuous Sunday!

7k5e0tsvuq8w.png

by9no2lqhugf.png

We have 26 (Celsius) mostly sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 32 and 18% chance of precipitation.

The pool party was nice, but I am really exhausted today and my back hurts. I spent my 15 minutes or so in the sunny pool and then retreated to the porch of the pool house, in the shade. I thought about briefly returning to the pool later, but it's probably best I didn't. J and I stayed to the very end, helping with cleanup, and brought some cookies and a bag of Doritos nacho cheese home. My baked beans were a hit.

My eyes were burning and my sinuses running amok by the end too, and I had a headache, but I still enjoyed myself.

We stopped at Culver's on the way home for a late supper. Their shrimp dinner is great! J had their veggie burger.

Today, I need to totter through a grocery store or two and replenish a few things.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 19 (Celsius) rainy degrees with an expected overcast high of 26 and 100% chance of rain.

Back to work today.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    good morning
    Jo, so nice to take hubby out for breakfast and I hope you both enjoyed a relaxing day. We are really excited about the new granddaughter on the way. Our grandson is feeling better after starting the antibiotics. They stopped by outside to wish Grandpa a Happy Father's Day. They are soooo cute!
    Ed, glad you got to go to the pool party, sorry it knocked you out.
    Irene, I guess you have another month until your foot surgery. I hope you're doing ok.
    It's currently 69F, 21C. Partly cloudy. High 89F, 32C. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Haha, I think anything over 30C is too hot for me!
    We went back to the natural food store yesterday and bought some more organic coffee and some organic snacks. Haha, I don't really need the snacks, need to lose all the weight I regained! oh, well.
    I have an appt with the neurologist later this morning, and no other plans for the day.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    Currently 63F with a high of 71F and overcast.
    Vix-good luck with the neurologist.
    I did laundry this morning. This afternoon is the library and a few other errands.
    We have a new store here called Binstar. It sells returns from Amazon and other stores. On Saturday everything is $19, Sunday $15, Monday $10,Tuesday $8, Wednesday $5, Thursday $3, Friday $2 and after 4 on Friday everything is $l. Then on Sunday it starts over again. The only downside is everything is mixed up in bins and you have to have the patients to go through the bins.
    Have a pleasant day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 21 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 27 and 91% chance of precipitation that could include thundershowers.

Lots to do at work today. Maybe a management demo of the new product we've been working on, but it's not really ready for that, so I'm going to suggest we postpone it.

• Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    It is currently 59F with a high of 72F with rain likely.
    The library was closed yesterday, so I will be going today.
    I did crossword puzzles yesterday because I had nothin to read.
    Have a great day! :)
  • eku0
    good morning
    Ed, work is keeping you busy!
    Jo, thanks, all is well. The Binstar store sounds like fun, I'm sure you can get some great bargains if you have the patience! I don't know that I do anymore. Juneteenth is now a federal holiday, so lots of public services closed and no mail yesterday. I keep my Nook stocked with books in case I run out. ;) It's funny, I'm doing a detailed survey for the post office as to the mail we receive in a week, yesterday was the first day. Easy peasy! No Mail!
    Irene, I hope all is well.
    I have clay crafters this afternoon, so will see if I can get my exercise done this morning, so I don't have to do it when I'm tired.
    It's currently 69F, 21C. Cloudy. High around 80F, 27C. Winds E at 10 to 15 mph.
    Wishing all a sarisfying Tuesday.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    Good morning,
    I went to Boscov's yesterday I got a couple of new tops there prices are really good.
    We still didn't open the pool yet! still not warm yet. The next 7 days its suppose to rain.
    well take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    edited June 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 20 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of only 21 and 100% chance of precipitation. We only got the a few rumbles of thunder and the lightest sprinkle yesterday, barely enough to feel, despite the dire forecast. We'll see how today turns out. We could use the rain.

Happy Summer Solstice!

stims4ia3g0r.png

32rr32dfk1m7.png

• IreneMurman
    Good morning,
    well it looks like it is going to rain today but it is in the 60 s so that's a good thing.
    Well today is the first day of summer.
    have a great day everyone
  • eku0
    edited June 2023
    good morning
    7b0wbfqficmi.png
    Irene, always fun to get some new things to perk up the wardrobe.
    Ed, we too have cloudy skies and rain for the longest day of sun.
    Hi Jo!
    It's currently 63F, 17C. A steady rain this morning. Showers continuing this afternoon. High 73F, 23C. Winds ENE at 10 to 20 mph.
    No special plans for today. Need to return a book to the library and the usual daily routine.
    Wishing all a happy 🐫 day.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 17 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected high of 23 and 42% chance of precipitation.

Much to do at work.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, busy can be good.
    It's currently 58F, 14C. Cloudy. High around 70F,21C. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph. Very gray and drizzly out at the moment.
    Will be doing the usual routine, and maybe some cleaning. Out to dinner with friends tonight. Looking forward to that, they are so much fun.
    Wishing all a smooth Thursday.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,
    no plans for today, I do need to vacuum not one of my favorite to do my back always hurts after
    take care everyone
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Our temperature today is 74F and sunny, no humidity, a beautiful day.
    I sat outside and read for a while, made up some sugar water for the hummingbird feeder and cleaned the bird baths.
    I also ran a few errands. It is so nice to be able to do these things any time I want. :)
    Have a great evening! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday!

We have 19 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 27 and 18% chance of precipitation.

Should have a bit more online training today and might have some program changes to test. And, of course, get to run the standup meeting.

I've been hankering for biscuits and gravy, so this morning I gave in and made myself some yummy cream biscuits and peppery sausage gravy. I had a banana for dessert. Absolutely the tastiest breakfast all week so far!

• eku0
    good morning
    Irene, I don't vacuum. It totally wrecks me. We basically don't have any rugs in our house except for the stairs to the basement. (housecleaner vacuums every 2 weeks) :)
    Jo, that's the great thing about retirement, can do things whenever you want, and get to enjoy time outside when the weather is nice.
    Ed, work is surely keeping you busy! Good to give in to those cravings on occasion.
    It was pretty rainy here all yesterday. It was wonderful going out with friends.
    It's currently 67F,19 C, and overcast. Thunderstorms expected. High 76F, 24C. Winds light and variable.
    No special plans for today. I'll probably make some butternut squash soup, and putter around.
    Wishing all an easy Friday.
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    This morning it was overcast and misty, now the sun is trying to come out. We are expecting the rainy weather over the weekend.I went to Binstar this morning and got a pizza stone, 2 50ft. garden houses, 2 portion control container kits, electric hair straightening brush and new flex hoses for washing machine all for $16 plus tax. Not bad for about an hour sorting through bins.
    Sophie caught the chipmunk again and brought it in to me. I picked her up and carried her out the door before she dropped it.
    Never a dull moment around here! :#
  • eku0
    edited June 2023
    good morning
    Irene!!!
    e2rg5mcwdlxp.png
    And HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO GEORGE.
    Jo, those are great bargains!!! Cool store, worth the effort.
    Ed, enjoy the weekend.
    Although sometimes I miss having a cat, I don't miss the critter presents. I now consider our outdoor critters (mostly chipmunks and birds) as our pets.
    Yesterday flew by, and I don't even know where the time went. I made the soup, but don't think I did much else, except for the usual routine (haha, maybe that's consuming too much time!)
    It's currently 70F, 21C and overcast. Partly cloudy early followed by scattered thunderstorms this afternoon. High near 85F,29C. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a fun weekend.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 26 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 30 and 8% chance of precipitation.

The cats grudgingly let me sleep in this morning, and were happy enough that I did get up before their regular breakfast time. They got theirs before I got mine, though that is not usually the case.

I have some shopping to do this weekend and need to clean the lint from the dryer and dryer vent.