Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good afternoon;
    It is a hot one, currently 89F with a high of 91F.
    Irene and Ed-i hope your blood tests turn out ok.
    Hi Vix-blanket for the new baby?
    I went to town hall to pay our real estate tax this morning. I plan to spend the rest of the day in the AC.
    It is just too hot to do anything outside.
    Stay cool. :)
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,312 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's Fantastic Friday!

We have 24 (Celsius) fair (mostly sunny) degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 31 and 38% chance of precipitation that could include thundershowers. We got some yesterday afternoon, somewhat to my surprise, but it was a relatively short session.

Plenty waiting in my office today.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    good morning
    We've been getting afternoon t-storms, Ed. Yesterday's had a lot of nearby lightning.
    Hi Irene.
    Jo, yes. I'm going to make a blanket for the new baby. It's very hot here too. I didn't get out to JoAnn yesterday. I'll see if I feel like driving out there today, else there's a Michael's that is closer.
    It's currently 79F, 26C, sunny and a little hazy. Mixed clouds and sun this morning. Scattered thunderstorms developing this afternoon. High 88F,31C. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 50%.
    Wishing all an easy Friday. Stay cool. 😎
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning,
    I have been spending a lot of time in the pool. I did help my husband by mowing the yawn yesterday . He was busy power washing the house.
    Hope everyone has a great day
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    It is currently 70F with a high of 88F. Cloudy this morning, turning sunny in the afternoon.
    We are going to the farmer's market this morning.
    Have a relaxing weekend. :)
  • eku0
    edited July 2023
    good morning
    Irene, looks like it's going to be a great week for spending time in a pool.
    Jo, enjoy the farmer's market.
    Ed, enjoy your days off.
    I picked up yarn for the baby blanket yesterday. Not exactly the color I was looking for, but it was hard to find the right size yarn, and the color is close to what I wanted. I think it will be fine.
    No special plans for today, will see what the day brings.
    It's currently 75F, 24C. Clouds and some sun this morning with more clouds for this afternoon. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High near 90F,32C. 🌶️🌶️🌶️ Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a happy Saturday. 🌻

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 28 (Celsius) fair (mostly sunny) degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 32 and 24% chance of precipitation.

It started raining last night just as we got out of the car and entered the ramen restaurant we had gone to for dinner. And it stopped and the sun came out just as we were ready to leave. Wasn't that wonderfully convenient?

Blood work looked mostly good, with a bit of concern about thyroid levels, but I'm sure the doctor will discuss that with me next week. I may just need to take an iodine supplement.

I need to get a few groceries and probably wash the towels today. All the other laundry is washed, dried, folded and put away as of yesterday, with the usual help from Dinah who mostly supervises but sometimes has to sit on freshly folded tee shirts, to press them I'm sure.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, glad your bloodwork was mostly good. Ramen restaurant sounds interesting. I guess it's similar to a pho restaurant.
    No special plans for today.
    It's currently 72F, 22C. Cloudy early, then thunderstorms developing this afternoon. A few storms may be severe. High 79F, 26C, a bit of a break from the heat today. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 100%.
    Wishing all a peaceful Sunday.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 25 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 31 and 15% chance of precipitation. We had another short rain shower last night. I think we may have had one every day last week.

Nothing critical on the agenda for today, but I MAY slip out to Lidl for some non-essential grocery items.

And I still haven't done those towels yet.

• Joanne3366
    Good evening;
    It was mostly cloudy and humid today. I went to another farmers market, while hubby put up new blinds at our daughter's house. I spent the rest of the day reading.
    Irene-Nice that you are finally getting to enjoy the pool.
    Vix-sounds like it is a good day to start making the baby blanket.
    I am looking out the slider watching Sophie stalk a bunny.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 21 (Celsius) rainy degrees with an expected overcast high of 29 and 100% chance of precipitation.

The container garden should be happy.

We'll see what work brings today. My back is not terribly happy this morning. I will apply an ice pack in a while when I am settled in place.

• eku0
    edited July 2023
    good morning
    Ed, hope your back feels better.
    Jo, I had to return something I bought, then went to TJMaxx to look around. It would have been a good day to start the blanket, but like you, I spent a good part of the day reading. Farmer's markets are fun.
    Irene, I guess you're staying cool in the pool.
    I have a webinar I can do at noon today, nothing else on the calendar.
    It's currently 72F, 22C. Sunny to partly cloudy. High 87F, 31C. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a bright, shiny new week.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning,
    Ed glad your blood work was good.
    We have been having rain lately ,looks like its going to rain again today, Hi Jo and Vix
    take care everyone
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    it is pouring at the moment, current temp 74F.
    Today is a good day to stay in. I made chocolate mousse for hubby, cleaned the upstairs bathroom, dusted, vacuumed and of course did a little reading and prepped salads for the week and veggies for dinner.
    Stay dry!
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 20 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 32 and 2% chance of precipitation.

I have the dishwasher running now, and need to get some towels and blue jeans folded sometime, as they are dry in the dryer.

Turkey bacon and 1% cottage cheese with blueberries for breakfast.

• eku0
    good morning
    Jo, you always do so much!
    Irene, we're getting a couple of days off from the rain.
    Ed, sounds like you're busy.
    Off to work on stained glass and clay today. Need to pack up something for lunch. Busy day.
    It's currently 68F, 20C. Abundant sunshine. High near 90F,32C. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a fun day.
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 80F with a high of 86F. There is a nice breeze.
    I walked 2.5 miles this morning, did 30 min. on the elliptical and finished my book, transplanted 2 plants and weeded my flower beds.
    I am going to the library in a little while.
    Vix-have fun at clay and stained glass class.
    Hi Ed and Irene.

• parityanimal
    I got the laundry folded. Dinah was very helpful.

lv0dpbfh189l.jpg
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 21 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 33 and 2% chance of precipitation.

My back was really painful yesterday. So far today, it's a bit better. Still painful, but I am being very careful how I move. Naproxen may be helping, and I have continued the periodic ice packs. If I don't see much more improvement, I'll make an appointment with a doctor.

I did manage to get the garbage and recycle bins to the curb last night, so they should be emptied today.

We'll see what the work day brings.

• eku0
    good morning
    Jo, good for you with all the exercise! WTG! I started the blanket last night. I have to be a little careful with the pattern once I get a few more rows in because I will have to count stitches.
    Ed, I was stiff and achy after working on crafts all day. I hope you're feeling better soon.
    Hi Irene.
    When I got home I relaxed for a while, then I exercised thinking that might help with the achiness. Ended up taking an anti-inflamatory, and still a bit achy today.
    I have acupuncture this a.m. and my follow-up with the cardiologist this afternoon. Busy day.
    It's currently 77F, 25C. Partly cloudy. Hot. High 93F, 34C. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a happy 🐫 day! Stay cool. ❄️