Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    good morning
    Jo, you do keep busy! ๐Ÿ˜‚ I'm sure your walk alternative was just as much, if not more, exercise. I seem to keep busy too, the days just rush by.
    Ed, nice to sleep in sometimes. I've been getting up early to get out for my walk before it heats up.
    Irene, I guess the pool is keeping you nice and cool!
    It's currently 72F, 22C. Partly cloudy early followed by scattered thunderstorms this afternoon. Gusty winds and small hail are possible. High 84F, 29C. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week. ๐ŸŒค๏ธ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    Good Monday morning,
    nothing really planned for today I will do a load of wash and the pool later trying to get in as much pool as I can because the DR already told me no walking or pool time . I think i will miss the walking more than anything else.
    hope everyone has a great day.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good evening;
    Currently 83F and sunny.
    We had a meeting to set up a trust. It seems pretty easy and straight forward.
    I did housework and ran a few errands and of course read my book.
    Irene-how long will your recovery be after the surgery? I know you will miss your walks.
    Vix-I missed my walk today. I will have to make up for it tomorrow.
    Ed-Do your other cats realize that Buttons is no longer with them?
    Enjoy your evening. :)
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,311 Member
    edited July 2023
    Ed-Do your other cats realize that Buttons is no longer with them?

I don't think it has fully sunk in yet with them that she's gone, but they are getting there.

Buttons kind of monopolized J and had pretty much taken over his office as mostly her space. Kiara is glad to got more of J again, as he is HER favorite person, but she didn't try to compete with Buttons, the interloper. Kiara is the biggest cat here, but is not at all assertive with the others.

Kiara and Buttons did sometimes play, but there was always a wariness about it.

Buttons and Dinah got along well enough, but Buttons and Orion did not like each other. They were still learning to live relatively peacefully together, and I'm sure that would have all worked out over a bit more time, had she not developed the cancer. Orion is probably the one LEAST sure she's gone, but he'll get back to normal soon.

None of the other cats were really close with Buttons.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 19 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 34 and 15% chance of precipitation.

Sounds like I'll need to water the container garden this evening.

Dinah and I got all the laundry folded and put away.

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • IreneMurman
    Good Tuesday morning,
    Jo not sure how long it will take to recover I never asked but I am sure at least a couple of weeks. I will be happy to walk without pain .But I have been staying off of the treadmill and been using our stationary bike which i really do get a good work out
    Hi Ed and Vix
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 84F and humid.
    I got my walk in this morning 4.1miles. I also did 30 min. on the elliptical.
    I made hubby banana walnut muffins and returned an item to Walmart that I bought yesterday.
    I am now doing laundry. The day is just flying by.
    Enjoy! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 22 sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 35 and 14% chance of precipitation.

We are making progress on an important project, but it needs to speed up.

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morninga
    Irene, glad you are getting your pool time in and are able to use the stationary bike. I'm sure you'll be very happy to get back to walking after recovery.
    Jo, I guess it's good to get things set up. We had a meeting to set up our medical directives last week, and made sure our cars and bank accounts have beneficiaries listed. You sure do a lot of physical activity. That's wonderful for your health. I missed my walk yesterday too.
    Ed, I guess Dinah likes you the best! Always helping with the laundry. :)
    I got a late start yesterday. Stayed up late the night before, so I didn't get up until 7:30, and had to get to my morning stained glass session. I was so tired after spending the whole day working on stained glass and clay, that I didn't get back on my computer last night. We stopped by to see the little ones for a little while, which was wonderful, but I realized just how tired I was!
    Got up early again this a.m. so I could get my little walk in before the heat.
    It's currently 76F, 24C. Plentiful sunshine. Hot. High 93F, 34C. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    I have an acupuncture appt this morning and some errands to run.
    Wishing all a happy ๐Ÿซday.
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon,
    Currently 85F with a high of 89F. We are in for a hot spell in the 90's for the next few days.
    I went and got my hair cut and colored this morning, dropped a box off at goodwill and picked up bread.
    Vix-we have an appointment with the estate planner next Friday to set up a trust and update our wills and health care proxies.
    Ed-good luck on your project.
    Hi Irene.
    Have a good afternoon. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Good morning,
    I have an hair appt today getting high lights and cut it should last until I am healed from my surgery stay cool everyone its going to be a hot one.
    Ed good luck on your project.
    HI Jo and VIX
  • eku0
    good morning
    Jo, it's good you're getting that done early. We kind of dragged our heels on getting those things set up.
    I touched up my hair color last week, am starting to think about letting it go gray. Not quite ready, chose a light ash brown for next time.
    Hi, Ed and Irene.
    It's currently 79F,26C. Partly cloudy early followed by scattered thunderstorms this afternoon. Potential for severe thunderstorms. High 96F, 36C (too hot for me!) Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
    Our housecleaner is coming this morning, and I have plenty to do around the house. Glad I finished my walk early, it was already getting warmer than comfortable.
    Wishing all a pleasant Thursday, stay cool. โ›„โ„๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 23 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 34 and 39% chance of precipitation that could include lightning and thunder.

J is up in Kentucky (today is his sister's birthday) so I'm home alone with the cats and sugar glider. I hope we do get rain today, but I could live without the lightning and thunder.

Not sure how much more we'll get done on the project today, but J has planned a group work session online. Other than that, I'll hope for a slow day. The programmers are busy converting over to a new way of authentication so I can't really get any updates to test until they have that all ready.

• eku0
    good morning
    Back from my walk.
    Hi Jo.
    Ed, glad you are making progress on your project.
    Irene, another hot one today. I hope you like your new haircut and highlights, nice!
    It's currently 73F,23C. Scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 5pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 96, 36C. (Heat index values as high as 105F, 41C.) ๐Ÿฅต๐Ÿฅต๐Ÿฅต Calm wind becoming west 5 to 8 mph in the morning.
    Calendar is empty for today, mostly want to stay cool! Will see what the day brings.
    Wishing all an easy Friday. Be careful out there, stay cool. ๐Ÿ˜Žโ„๏ธ
  • IreneMurman
    Good Friday morning,
    no plans for the day except being in the pool it is already 80 here and its early yesterday was 97 so as soon as i came home i got in the pool.
    I love my new high lights and cut it will be easy to take care of.
    HI ED, Vix and Jo
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Currently 73F with a high of 87F. It looks like it will be a cloudy day, with thunder storms later this afternoon.
    I finished my elliptical workout and am thinking about going for a walk. I feel tired today.
    Have a great weekend! :)
  • eku0
    good morning
    Back from my walk.
    Ed, hope you had a good day with the pets and not too much work.
    Irene, always great to get a haircut that's easy to take care of. Pool sounds wonderful in this weather.
    Jo, you do so much, maybe take a slow, restful day.
    We had a t-storm yesterday, some close lightning, and there were a few minutes of strong gusty winds bending the trees over.
    It's currently 74F, 23C. Mostly sunny skies this morning. Scattered showers and thunderstorms developing during the afternoon. Potential for severe thunderstorms. High 93F, 34C. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph.
    We're getting together with family for brunch later this a.m. Looking forward to that.
    Wishing all a fun weekend. ๐Ÿท๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,
    We did have some thunder storms last night hopefully we are good for today.
    Vix enjoy your time with your family .
    Jo I wouldn't push it in this heat.
    Hi Ed
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Summery Saturday!

We have 25 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected mostly cloudy high of 35 and 15% chance of precipitation. We did get a brief (too brief) bit of rain last night a while after I watered the container garden.

Work included a lot of online meetings yesterday, so not too strenuous, though the day started with an issue from a client. I was able to quickly verify the issue and wrote up a ticket for the programmers. It will probably be looked into next week.

I should get out to the grocery at some point on the weekend. Not a lot else on the critical agenda.

• eku0
    good morning
    Hi Irene and Jo.
    Ed, work seems to be humming along. Hubby usually does the grocery shopping, but couldn't find mushrooms yesterday. I may go out later to another store to get them (for the hot and sour soup).
    We had a nice time with family yesterday. ๐Ÿฅฐ
    There were more t-storms in the evening, but not as ferocious as the night before. It's good, we need the rain.
    It's currently a comfortable 67F, 19C. Looks like we're getting a break from the 90s this coming week. Mostly sunny. High 86F, 30C. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a peaceful Sunday. ๐Ÿ•Š๏ธ๐ŸŒบ