Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    Ed-I hope your back feels better soon.
    Vix-good luck with the follow-up.
    Currently 85F with a high of 92F. It's going to be a hot one. I sat out on the deck a little earlier under the awning reading.
    Since starting this new weight loss program, I have gained a few pounds. It is discouraging.
    Have a good day and stay cool! :)
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,311 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 23 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 33 and 15% chance of precipitation. Guess I'll likely be watering the container garden this evening.

Nothing too critical on the home agenda. Work awaits. My back is not much better today, but it's not worse.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    good morning
    Jo, I hear you on the weight loss issue. I have gained back all the weight I lost for my surgery and am having a terrible time trying to lose any. Persistence is not easy! My follow up was good. He reminded me to walk everyday, so I'm just back from my walk. Of course I have a few questions that I neglected to ask, so I left a phone message and hope someone calls me back.
    Ed, hot here too. How's the container garden doing?
    Hi Irene.
    It's currently 78F, 26C. Sunshine this morning. Scattered thunderstorms developing this afternoon. High near 95F, 35C. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
    Our housecleaner is coming today, and I have to get stuff ready for a donation pickup tomorrow.
    The yarn I'm using for the baby blanket is really soft. I'm happy, it's going to be a cuddly blanket. 🧸
    Wishing all an enjoyable day. Stay cool. ❄️
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Currently 83F with a high of 89F.
    I am going to the farmer's market this afternoon, they are also having an arts and craft market today.
    Ed-I am sorry that your back is still hurting.
    Vix-I always remember my questions to the Dr. on the way home. I think I am going to bring a list with me from now on.
    I found a new to me author Isis Crawford. She writes a light hearted mystery series about 2 sisters who are caterers.
    Hi Irene-I am sure you are enjoying the pool on these hot days.
    Have a good day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 24 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 33 and 15% chance of precipitation. Last night we had a sudden, brief thundershower around dinner time. The rain was welcome.

The tomatoes in the container gardens look happy, the peppers not so much. We may just end up with tomatoes this year. But it's all good.

We'll see what's on the agenda for work.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, glad your tomatoes are doing well. :)
    Jo, that's when I remembered. 😂 They were good about calling back, and by then I had another question, so they will call me back again in a couple of days. How was the arts and craft market? I'll check out some Isis Crawford.
    Irene, great week to have a pool!
    Ir's currently 81F,27C. Mixed clouds and sun this morning. Scattered thunderstorms developing this afternoon. Gusty winds and small hail are possible. High 87F, 31C. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 40%. I'm just back from my walk before it gets too hot. 🌶️🌶️🌶️
    No special plans for today, will probably run by the library later.
    Wishing all an easy Friday. Stay cool as a 🥒.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good morning,
    Yesterday I had my appt with the foot surgeon yesterday he told me everything I needed for after the surgery So I just got done ordering everything I needed from Amazon. He told me no pool after surgery for a couple of weeks oh well I plan on getting pool time before that.
    Jo I feel your pain with the weight loss. Enjoy farmers market.
    Ed hope your back is feeling better
    Hi Vix
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 78F with a high of 80F and cloudy. The sun did peak out for a little while.
    Vix-The arts and crafts was ok, only about 6 vendors with the usual candles, painted pottery, knitted items.
    Irene-When is your foot surgery?
    Ed-I only have 1 pepper on my pepper plant and about a handful of cherry tomatoes. I did plant a few onions and they seem to be doing well.
    I went out for a walk around the neighborhood. I managed about 1 mile before I got a cramp in my upper left thigh. I decided to cut my walk short. I did manage 1.5 miles by the time I got home. I usually do 2.5 miles.
    My daughter and I are going to Providence,RI to the farmers market tomorrow. It is about an hours ride. We have never gone to this one, so I hope it is worth the ride.
    Have a great afternoon and evening. :)
  • eku0
    good morning
    Irene, Amazon is good for ordering medical equipment. Prices are reasonable, and the equipment was sturdy.
    Jo, my neighborhood walk is just about 1 mile. I'm getting back into doing that daily, along with my other exercise. I'm going out first thing in the a.m., or it gets too hot. Farmers market in Providence sounds like fun, and you'll get some nice scenery.
    Ed, the weather reminds me of a summer I spent in Guadalajara. It was beautiful and sunny, but every afternoon there would be a brief rainstorm. It is too hot for me right now.
    It's currently 77F, 25C. Mostly sunny skies this morning. Scattered showers and thunderstorms developing during the afternoon. High 92F, 33C. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
    Will probably go somewhere later. Starting to get cabin fever!
    Wishing all a relaxing weekend. Stay cool. ❄️
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 28 (Celsius) sunny degrees (feels like 32) with an expected partly cloudy high of 32 and 24% chance of precipitation.

I need to get some shopping done, but not much. There is a pool party today but I am not going. My back is still iffy.

• IreneMurman
    Good Sunday morning,
    It is raining here so not sure if we will get out this morning for a walk so I will just be getting on the treadmill .Dr already told me no walking for awhile after my surgery but I can use my bike .
    Jo my surgery is August 4th.
    take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 27 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees (feels like 29) with an expected partly cloudy high of 33 and 2% chance of precipitation.

J brought home a large fruit tray and a large veggie tray that had not been needed at the party, so had not been pulled from the refrigerator there until cleanup time. I had some of the melon for part of my breakfast, and will likely eat some of the apple slices for lunch. Of course, after the fact, it occurs to me that I could have made some quick, microwaved cinnamon apples for breakfast. Strawberries are good at any meal.

Neither of us cares for celery, so that part of the veggie tray won't be used. The broccoli and cauliflower will, and I'll eat the carrots and the tomatoes. There are a lot of carrots and tomatoes. I doubt we'll eat all the ranch dressing/dip that came with the veggie tray.

I need to get out to PetSmart for some kitty cat treats, and maybe run through Publix for some salad makings.

• eku0
    good morning.
    Irene, your surgery date is getting close. Good luck with that. They usually give some physical therapy exercises after surgery.
    Ed, the fruit and veggie trays sound good. Funny, celery is one of my main snack items (even though it does tend to get stuck in my teeth). I hope your back starts feeling better.
    Jo, I hope your trip to Providence was fun.
    We had a nice day yesterday. My daughter and family stopped over for a little while, and our grandson decided he wanted to stay longer. So we had a fun afternoon with our grandson. it was hot so we stayed in and watched Tom and Jerry cartoons, had some popcorn, looked at photos of Will ( he wanted to do that! ), and played some of his imaginative games.
    It's currently 76F, 24C and drizzly. I went for a walk in the drizzle. Scattered thunderstorms this morning, then partly cloudy during the afternoon hours. High 88F, 31C. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 60%.
    Wishing all a relaxing Sunday.
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    It is 79F and raining. It is supposed to rain all day. A good day to stay in and read a book.
    Irene-good luck with your surgery.
    Ed-I love fruit and veggies and like Vix, my go to veggie snack is celery.
    Vix-Providence was fun, there were a lot of venders. I got veggies, some lamb shanks, flowers, peanut butter and lotion.
    There were a lot of people there and there is only on street parking, so we circled around a bit before we found a place to park.
    If we go again we will get there early.
    After the market we went to lunch and had teriyaki salmon, rice and sushi. It was a good day.
    Have a relaxing day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 19 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 34 and 2% chance of precipitation. Guess I'll be watering the container garden today!

• eku0
    good morning
    Sounds like a great day, Jo. :)
    Hi Irene.
    Ed, your container garden sounds nice.
    I have a massage scheduled this morning, so I'm going to get out and get in my walk first.
    It's currently 73F, 23C. A mix of clouds and sun. High 91F, 33C. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,
    we had a nice walk but it is 79 now.
    vix it sounds like you had fun yesterday with your grandson.
    We had a lot of rain yesterday but today looks good.
    Hi Jo and ED
  • parityanimal
    I had my endocrinologist appointment this afternoon. My endocrinologist was very happy with all of my lab results except the thyroid, but as the thyroid was near perfect (right in the middle of "normal" just 4 months or so ago, decided we would check it again today, and then decide whether we need to do anything else at the moment or if it was just a fluke.

We also got the urine sample today that I was supposed to give when I had my initial lab done. It's funny that I normally go past a bathroom and think, I might as well go, and have no difficulty, but have trouble doing that on demand! But today I made sure I had plenty of liquid in me. LOL. It worked, anyway.

As my appointment was at 1:00 I just took the afternoon off and relaxed in the living room watching a movie. It was a pleasant afternoon.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 19 (Celsius) foggy degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 34 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Not a lot that's critical on the home front. Work awaits.

• eku0
    good morning
    Irene, I'm walking early too. It was 72F, 22C when I left, but is now 77, 25CF. Grandchildren are such a joy, just fills my heart. I love spending time with them.
    Jo, I hope you are enjoying your farmers market goods. The hand-made peanut butter, and lotion seem like rare and healthy purchases. What scent is the lotion?
    Ed, glad your endocrinologist appointment went well. Good to get regular check-ups.
    The forecast today is mostly sunny skies early then heavy thunderstorms developing this afternoon. Areas of smoke and haze are possible, reducing visibility at times. High 92F, 33C. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70%.
    No stained glass today, but I will be going to clay group.
    Wishing all a pleasant Tuesday. Stay cool as a ⛄!