Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Ed-I hope your thyroid test results are good.
    Vix-The lotion scent I got was lavender. It is a scent that I can tolerate, most scents give me a headache. I have never been able to wear perfume of any kind.
    Hi Irene.
    Currently 82F and cloudy. Today was laundry day and washing the kitchen floor.
    I am sad that Christmas Tree Shops are closing. That was one of my favorite stores. Now the only stores that sell a little of everything are Walmart and Target.
    Have a good day! :)
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    I have been busy this morning. I did 30 min. on the elliptical and then did a 3 mile walk. I wanted to get in my exercise before the heat of the day.
    Currently 72F with a high of 85F.
    Not sure what I am doing for the rest of the day, but I am sure I will find something to do.
    Have a great day! :)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    good morning
    Ed,
    bd11k0jfpjnr.png
    Wishing you both a wonderful day!

Jo, I'm back from my walk too. It started drizzling on the way back. You always stay busy! :)
    Hi Irene!
    I have my semi-annual dentist appt this morning. Am planning to make some cornbread and butternut squash soup. Will see what else the day brings.
    It's currently 72F, 22C. Cloudy skies early, followed by partial clearing. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 86F, 30C. Winds light and variable. I can still see the smoke haze in the sky.
    Wishing all a happy 🐫 day!
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,311 Member
    edited July 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 23 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 33 and 49% chance of precipitation that could include thundershowers. I'd welcome the rain.

My thyroid levels were back to normal, so whatever made them drop was just a temporary fluke or lab error on the previous bloodwork.

Our beautiful, sweet Buttons is trying to cope with a rather aggressive osteosarcoma on her jaw, and it seems likely she won't be with us a whole lot longer. We can't see the oncologist until August 7, assuming she lives that long, but realistically there is not much that could be done anyway. It's making it difficult for her to eat.

We'll know when it's time.

Thanks for the anniversary wishes. It's actually tomorrow, the 20th, though. :)

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    Good Morning,
    Ed I am sorry Buttons is sick sending prayers its hard when our fur babies are sick.
    We woke up to rain this morning it did stop so we got a little walk in only 1 mile .
    All of my stuff came in yesterday so I got my boot ( its huge it goes all the way to my knee) I can see why the Dr says no walking. I also got my cast protector and its called even up shoe lift for my other foot this way it should be easier to walk.
    Hi Jo and Vix
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 23 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 33 and 33% chance of precipitation that could include a thunderstorm.

We made some significant progress on one of our apps yesterday. Today I can do more extensive testing of it.

J and I may be celebrating our anniversary by saying goodbye to Buttons this afternoon. She's pretty much stopped eating. Not because she's not hungry, but because she is having difficulty swallowing the food because of the growth. We won't watch her suffer and waste away. It's the kindest thing. If not today, tomorrow at the latest.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning.
    Oops, guess I got ahead of myself. Happy Anniversary today, Ed!
    So sorry to hear about Buttons. It's good she is in such a loving home. I know you'll do what's best for her. Hugs.
    Irene, glad you got your equipment.
    Hi Jo.
    Went for my walk around 6:30 this morning. It's currently 73F, 23C. Clouds and some sun this morning with more clouds for this afternoon. High 89F, 32C. Winds light and variable.
    Busy day today. I want to touch up my hair color, and we have an appt for some estate planning.
    We're going out to dinner with our son and daughter-in-law this evening. Looking forward to that.
    Wishing all a good day. Special thought are with you, Ed.
  • IreneMurman
    Good morning
    Happy Anniversary ED and J
    Ed I am so sorry Buttons isn't doing any better.
    Hi Vix and Jo
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Ed -Happy Anniversary. I am so sorry to hear about Buttons. I know this is a hard decision. Hugs.
    Irene-It sounds like you are all ready for your surgery.
    Vix-I was out walking at 6:30. I pushed myself to walk 4 miles today. I hope I am not too sore tomorrow. Have fun at dinner.
    Currently 83F. I ran a few errands this morning.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • parityanimal
    edited July 2023
    We helped Buttons cross over the rainbow bridge shortly after noon, then went for an anniversary lunch (and celebration of her life) at one of our favorite restaurants, a nice Thai place where we are friends with the owner.

She did not know it was our anniversary, and did not know we had let Buttons go home to heaven, but she hadn't seen us in a while and comped two appetizers, and cake for dessert! It was a wonderful anniversary lunch and J has plenty left for supper. I can cobble something together for my supper later.

I am taking the afternoon off from work.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday!

We have 22 (Celsius) degrees and a thunderstorm, with an expected overcast high of 32 and 100% chance of precipitation that could include more thunderstorms.

More testing, as always, to do at work.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, glad you had a nice lunch celebration. Hope you're ok through the storms.
    Jo, 4 miles is a nice long walk, and it's nice getting out early before the heat. I'm sticking with my 1 mile for now, my leg joints are a little wonky, maybe I can do more later.
    Irene, hope you're looking forward to getting your foot fixed up.
    We had a nice dinner out with our son and daughter-in-law last night. They are so sweet, it's wonderful spending time with them.
    No special plans for today, may go to Frederick later.
    It's currently 71F,22C. Sun and clouds mixed. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 88F, 31C. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.
    Wishing all an easy Friday. 🌤️🌻
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Ed-Sorry about Buttons. That was very nice of the owner of the restaurant to give you cake and appetizers on the house.
    Vix-Today I walked a little over 3 miles. My hip has been giving me some problems, so I walk until it starts to hurt.
    Currently 27F, cloudy and a nice breeze.
    I went grocery shopping and to the library this morning, so now I have books to read this weekend.
    Have a good day! :)
  • eku0
    good morning
    Jo, it's good to keep walking. I hope your hip starts to feel better.
    We went to the organic food store yesterday. Bought some coffee, gluten free pasta, popcorn, etc. They have a nice bulk section. Also went and played with the little ones for a while.
    It's currently 66F, 19C, which made for a pleasant walk. Forecast for sunshine and clouds mixed. High near 85F, 29C. Winds light and variable. Looks like a hot week coming up with temps all in the 90sF, 30sC.
    No special plans for today. There are books waiting for me at the library, but I have enough to read for the weekend. Also need to buy a baby gift sometime this week. Will see what the day brings.
    Wishing all a happy, fun weekend. 🌞🌻
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 23 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected mostly cloudy high of 29 and 16% chance of precipitation.

There is a pool party today. I might go.

• IreneMurman
    Good morning,
    Ed I am so sorry about Buttons sending hugs
    Hi Jo and Vix
  • eku0
    good morning
    I ended up doing some cleaning yesterday. Really enjoying the flowers and birds in our garden.
    It's currently 70F, 21C. Mostly sunny. High 88F, 31C. Winds light and variable.
    Will see what today brings.
    Wishing all a relaxing Sunday. 🌞🌻
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Currently 73F with a high of 86F.
    I decided to skip my morning walk. Instead I washed my car and cleaned one of the bird bath fountains.
    Nothing else on the agenda for today, but I am sure I will find something to do. I like to keep busy, it keeps me out of trouble. o:)
    Ed-Enjoy the pool party.
    Vi-I spent most of yesterday sitting on the deck enjoying my yard and reading.
    Hi Irene.
    Have a relaxing day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 28 (Celsius) sunny degrees (feels like 30) with an expected mostly sunny high of 30 and 2% chance of precipitation.

I did not go to the pool party, but J did and said it was nice.

Not a lot on the required agenda, but I do have some laundry that needs to be folded and put away.

The cats let me sleep in until 9:00 this morning.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 20 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 33 and 6% chance of precipitation.

I still have that laundry to fold. Maybe today will be the day!