Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,311 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 26 (Celsius) sunny degrees (feels like 29) with an expected partly cloudy high of 30 and 100% chance of precipitation that could include thunderstorms.

Nothing critical on the agenda today. I may pop out this morning, if I can get out before the rain, for a couple of non-essential grocery items, but probably not.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    good morning
    Another day of 100% humidity. It's currently 75F, 24C. Scattered showers and thunderstorms after 5pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 87F,31C. South wind 5 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
    It was nice to babysit last night. I got to read stories to the little ones. They are so sweet.
    I saw a gold finch by our sunflowers this morning. I love their bright yellow.
    Will see what the day brings.
    Wishing all a happy Sunday. Stay cool. 🍨
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    good afternoon,
    ! had my operation on Friday it went good
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning
    Irene-I am glad your operation went well, wishing you a speedy recovery.
    Vix-Goldfinch like sunflowers. I have pictures of one sitting on my sunflowers from a few years ago. We only see them occasionally around here.
    Hi Ed.
    We are headed off to Maine today for a few days. It will be nice to spend some time in the woods on a lake.
    Have a great week. :)
  • parityanimal
    edited August 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

Glad the operation went well, Irene.

We have 21 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 34 and 48% chance of precipitation that could include thunder showers.

I will have to make my long commute across the room and through a short hallway to my office space soon, unless I detour through the kitchen on the way (actually about the some number of steps) to begin my work day. J is back home from Kentucky, having arrived about 1:30 this morning.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning
    Irene, glad your surgery went well, and wishing you a speedy recovery.
    Jo, we basically grow the sunflowers to entice the goldfinches, and they're so cheerful looking. :)
    Enjoy your getaway!
    Ed, nice that J is back. Don't work too hard. ;)
    I've been tired and a bit lazy the last few days, will see what I can get done today, need to get rid of the junkmail backlog.
    It's currently 73F, 23C. Cloudy this morning. Strong thunderstorms developing this afternoon. Storms could contain damaging winds. High 89F, 32C. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week. 🌷🦋🌻
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 21 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 31 and 4% chance of precipitation.

Kiara is in my arms so will cut this short.

• eku0
    good morning
    We had some t-storms last night. Stained glass was cancelled this morning because of power issues. I'll check back later and see if the center will be open for clay time.
    It was nice and breezy for my walk this morning.
    It's currently 68F, 20C. A mix of clouds and sun. High 84F,29C. Winds WNW at 15 to 25 mph.
    I got through my junk mail yesterday, and need to do some filing of other papers I was looking at.
    Will see what the day brings.
    Wishing all a pleasant Tuesday! 🌞🦋🌻

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 19 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 31 and 3% chance of rain.

We had a sprinkle last night, but nothing significant.

I'll mosey over to my office space in a bit. There is laundry to fold as well. I got some folded yesterday, surprisingly without Dinah's help.

• eku0
    good morning
    Got out late for my walk, but it was still relatively cool. Also had an acupuncture session this a.m.
    The center was closed yesterday. Apparently power was out in a large area of Westminster, some major power lines had been downed by the storm. So I got some sorting and filing done. We also went to Frederick to pick up some organic coffee and popcorn (it's much fresher than they have in the regular grocery stores).
    It's currently 79F, 26C. Sunny to partly cloudy. High around 85F, 29C. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
    Will see what the day brings. May cook some squash and make butternut squash soup.
    Wishing all a happy 🐫 day.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 24 (Celsius) rainy degrees with an expected cloudy, possibly rainy high of 28 and 100% chance of rain, including thunderstorms. I was feeling it in my bones, but it was verified when I heard the first raindrops and thunder while sitting down to leftover pizza from last night's supper.

Thank goodness my commute is very short and doesn't involve getting out in it.

• eku0
    good morning
    Irene, I hope you're feeling well and recovering quickly!
    Jo, I hope you're having a wonderful time in the woods!
    Ed, I hope the t-storms don't do any damage. We've been getting them almost every evening here. Monday's storm did a lot of damage in Westminster which is about 17 miles from here.
    It's currently 71F, 22C. Rain showers early with scattered thunderstorms arriving for the afternoon. High 78F,26C. ( a cooler break!) Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Need to do some cleaning today as our housekeeper is on vacation. And I want to work on my stained glass a bit, repairing the corner of the peacock panel so it's ready for solder.
    Wishing all a smooth Thursday. 🌻☔
  • IreneMurman
    Good morning,
    thanks everyone doing better the pain has really gone down
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 23 (Celsius) rainy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 30 and 100% chance of rain, with thunderstorms.

There were a lot of updates yesterday, so plenty to test today!

• eku0
    good morning
    Glad you're feeling better, Irene.
    Ed, hope your t-storms are mild. They're still fixing the damage to the power lines in Westminster.
    It's currently 71F, 22C. A mix of clouds and sun during the morning will give way to cloudy skies this afternoon. High 86F, 30C. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph. Heating up again.
    I have an appt for a cervical epidural this a.m. So will take it easy today.
    Wishing all an easy Friday and a happy weekend! 🌷🦋🌺
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    Irene-I am glad to hear you are doing better.
    Hi Vix and Ed.
    We had a good time in Maine. It was a lot of driving because we were out in the middle of nowhere. We saw a moose and an eagle.
    Now back to the grind.
    Have a great day! :)
  • eku0
    good morning
    Jo, glad you enjoyed Maine. Cool that you saw a moose and an eagle. (We saw lots when we were in Alaska years ago).
    It's currently 78F, 26C, hot one today. Sunshine and a few afternoon clouds. High 92F, 33C. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Probably some overnight rain.
    My epidural went well yesterday. Went out last night with the family to the Howard County Fair. It was fun watching the little ones on the little rides. They were so joyful! We also went into the home arts building and I saw some of my friends' paintings. That was cool.
    No special plans for today, will see what comes along.
    Wishing all a great weekend! 🌞🦋🌻🌼
  • parityanimal

Howdy all y'all. It's smashing Saturday!

We have 28 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 32 and 36% chance of rain that could include afternoon thundershowers.

I need to get out for some grocery items and may go to a pool party but probably not.

———————————————————————————————————————————

• IreneMurman
    Good morning,
    Jo I am glad you had a nice time on your vacation.
    Vix it sounds like you had a nice time
    Hi Ed
  • eku0
    good morning
    Irene, I hope you're feeling better every day.
    Ed, was really hot here yesterday, good day to be in an air conditioned grocery store!
    Hubby's just left for the grocery shopping.
    Jo, good time to rest up from all the driving.
    It's currently 65F, 18C, was perfect for my walk. Sunny to partly cloudy. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 89F, 32C. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.
    Wishing all a peaceful, pleasant Sunday. 🌞🌷🌺