Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,311 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 28 (Celsius) sunny degrees (feels like 33) with an expected mostly sunny high of 33 (who knows WHAT that will feel like!) and 15% chance of precipitation.

Nothing critical on the agenda for today. Maybe a lazy day.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 22 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 35 and 15% chance of precipitation.

Back to the testing this morning!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    good morning
    We had a pretty quiet day yesterday. I spoke to my daughter-in-law's Mom and we're going to start planning the baby shower. That'll be so much fun. 🥰
    It's currently 67F, 19C, very comfortable. Partly cloudy this morning with thunderstorms becoming likely this afternoon. Potential for severe thunderstorms. High 89F,32C. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
    I have a massage scheduled this a.m. Looking forward to that!
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week. 🌺🌷🌞
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 24 (Celsius) fair degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 30 and 35% chance of precipitation that could include thundershowers.

Plenty of work awaiting.

• eku0
    good morning
    I'll be off to my crafts day in a few minutes.
    It's currently 63F, 17C. Mixed clouds and sun this morning. Scattered thunderstorms developing this afternoon. High 87F,31C. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
    Wishing all a fine Tuesday. 🐞🦋
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    I am still catching up from my vacation.
    It is raining here, so a good day to get things done around the house.
    Vix-It will be fun planning a baby shower. When is the baby due?
    Irene-I hope you are feeling better every day.
    Ed-I hope your testing is going well.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 18 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 30 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Yesterday went well enough. We had a plumber in to repair a toilet that was constantly running, and they also replaced the water pressure regulator for the house, as I had seen some indications that the old one was possibly beginning to fail. I got off for less than $1,000 so I guess I win, but that plumbing work is always expensive.

Sausage and whole grain protein waffles for breakfast, with a luscious drizzle of real maple syrup.

Back to work again in a few.

• eku0
    good morning
    Irene, hope you're doing well.
    Jo, the baby is due mid-December. We're all so excited. 🥰 I hope you're getting caught up and getting a chance to relax. We're off next week to Myrtle Beach to relax, never been there before.
    Ed, I know! Plumbers are always expensive! Getting off under $1000 is great. 🤑
    Well, I had a setback with my stained glass yesterday. I was going to work on soldering the peacock that I almost finished before the pandemic, but the solder wouldn't stick??? I looked it up and apparently the copper foil around the glass can oxidize over time preventing the solder from sticking. So, now I have to clean all the oxidation off. So far I've tried extra fine steel wool, which I think is working, but is very dirty, tedious, and slow. I also read that Mr. Clean magic eraser might work, so I'll probably go get some of those and try that. Hopefully it's easier. On a happier note, I glazed the new clay birdhouse I made and it's in the kiln for firing.
    I need to shop for presents either this week or when we get back. Hubby's birthday, son and daughter-in-law's anniversary and granddaughter's birthday are all the week after our vacation. Busy, busy!
    It's currently 73F, 23C, with a little breeze. Sunny to partly cloudy. High 84F, 29C. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a happy 🐫 day!
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 18 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 30 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Guess I get to water the container garden again this evening.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    Good morning,
    doing better still have a long way to go. I think next week the doctor is going to take the stitches out.
    take care everyone
  • eku0
    good morning
    Ed, I have a hard time remembering to water outdoor plants enough. My front porch ferns were looking very sad and a bit scorched this a.m. I gave them a lot of water and trimmed them down a bit.
    Irene, I know you must be missing your walks. Hope all goes well with the doctor next week.
    Hi Jo.
    I picked up the Magic Erasers yesterday, but probably won't work on it until after vacation. Too much else going on.
    Our house cleaner is coming today, and I hope to go out shopping later.
    It's currently 77F, 25C. Sunshine and clouds mixed. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 88F,31C. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.
    Wishing all a pleasant Thursday. 🌷🌺🌞

• Joanne3366
    Good morning
    Currently 72F and cloudy.
    I spent most of Monday at my daughters waiting for her new washer and dryer to be delivered and the plumber to disconnect the old ones. They are stacking and no brackets were delivered, so the new ones couldn't be installed. I also spent Wednesday morning waiting for the old washer and dryer to be picked up. The brackets will not be in until sometime next and then the plumber can come back and install them. She rents, so it is all up to the management company and they are not very organized. On the plus side, it is costing her nothing.
    I have a dental appt. this afternoon for a cleaning.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Throwback Thursday. I am sure this was in my early 20s.

m3yl0loxus8f.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 19 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 31 and 2% chance of precipitation.

I picked a few more tomatoes while watering last night, and will probably get some jalapenos today.

French toast cheese sandwich (low net carb bread) and some sausage for a delicious breakfast.

They pushed some updates during the afternoon yesterday, and I was already noticing a few issues, by the end of my work day, but have more to test this morning.

• eku0
    good morning.
    Jo, nice of you to help out your daughter. Waiting's always easier if you have something to read. Hope your dental appt went well and your teeth are all refreshed.
    Ed, so nice you have home grown tomatoes! Have fun with those jalapenos! Sounds like they're keeping you busy at work.
    Hey Irene, hope you're doing well.
    I bought a few gifts yesterday, will probably do a little more shopping today.
    I have an acupuncture appt early.
    It's currently 71F, 22C. Sunny. High 81F, 27C. a little cooler today. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
    Wishing all an easy Friday. 🦋🐞🌻🌼
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Ed-Looking good!
    Vix-good luck with the shopping.
    Hi Irene.
    We had a tornado watch this morning. It rained hard and the wind whipped the trees around for a bit.
    Once it was all clear, I went to the library, grocery shopping, did some banking and went out to lunch with hubby.
    I now have the rest of the weekend free.
    Have a good afternoon. :)
  • eku0
    good morning
    Irene, hope you have an easy weekend.
    Ed, wow, we were young! 😂😂😂 Nice photo.
    Jo, I got most of the shopping done. Yay! Glad nothing was damaged from your storm. There was a tornado going through MA and ME. Sounds like you had a good day. Enjoy the weekend!
    It's currently 61F, 16C. Sunny. High 83F, 28C. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph. it will be in the 90s/30s Sunday and Monday. I'll enjoy the outdoors today!
    Wishing all a great weekend. 🤸🌞🌺🍷

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,161 Member
    Good morning,
    wow Jo glad everything was good.
    Yesterday was 2 weeks since my surgery everything is going good I see the surgeon on Tuesday he may take out the stitches. I do sleep with a boot which makes it hard other wise no problems not much pain thanks for asking take care
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

The cats let me sleep in a bit but eventually Dinah came around and let me know that it was absolutely, positively time to get up!

I need to get out to the grocery either today or tomorrow. We may have lunch at a new (to the area anyway) middle eastern restaurant that is a very short drive away. We tried the one that was even closer a couple of times, but the food was always salty, bland, and somewhat disappointing, so we don't get food from there anymore. We hope the new one will be better.

Sausage patties and low carb buttered toast for breakfast.

• eku0
    good morning
    Glad you're feeling better, Irene. Hopefully your Dr visit will go well and you will get your stitches out.
    Ed, Dinah sounds like a sweet cat. I hope your new middle eastern restaurant is better than the old one.
    Jo, I hope you're enjoying your free weekend.
    It's currently 61F, 16C perfect for my walk. Partly cloudy expected today. High 89F, 32C. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Need to get organized and packed today.
    Wishing you all a peaceful Sunday and a pleasant week ahead. 🌷🌺🌞🌼🌻