Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,311 Member
    edited September 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 24 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 31 and 18% chance of precipitation.

Last night we went to the illusions exhibit. It was very interesting. I may have to dig around and find the pictures.

This one was a dodecahedron full of holes, all done with rods and mirrors.

1g3bfquja81o.png

Looking down into it, it seems to go on forever.

j9yiofocnvm8.png

This "chair" that Jason is standing in front of, is actually disconnected bits that only look like a chair from a certain angle.

kdc9lbbrnpfj.png

And, a me. LOTS of me.

drtan03ke2rp.png

After I feed the cats, in a few minutes, I'll be taking our friends back to the MARTA station so they can get to the airport and head back to Pennsylvania.

I may do some laundry today.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 18 (Celsius) fair degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 30 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Not a lot on the critical agenda for the day. Might just take it easy, though there is laundry to be done, and some items on the grocery list.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    edited September 2023
    good morning
    Fun pics, Ed. Optical illusions are cool. Hope you enjoyed your company.
    Our housecleaner is coming today, thank goodness nothing else on the schedule. It's been a busy week.
    We had a windy afternoon t-storm yesterday. Glad the electricity stayed on.
    It's currently 69F, 21C. Mostly sunny early then increasing clouds with some scattered thunderstorms this afternoon. Potential for severe thunderstorms. High 91F, 33C. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 60%.
    It was pleasant for my morning walk. We have a few monarch butterfly caterpillars on our butterfly weed! Happy we are helping them. We didn't seem to have many butterflies this year.
    Wishing all an easy Friday. 🦋🐛🌞
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Good morning;
    Ed-cool illusion pictures!
    Vix-good luck with all your appointments.
    Hi Irene-hope you are doing well.
    Currently 81F with a high of 87F. It was very humid on my walk this morning. I will be spending the rest of the day in the AC reading a book.
    Have a great day! :)
  • eku0
    edited September 2023
    good morning
    Jo, good for you, getting your walk in, and then relaxing with a book. What are you reading now? I've been trying to check out different authors, just started reading The Orphan Witch, by Paige Crutcher. It's different. And I picked up The Rose Code by Kate Quinn from the library. 2 of my craft buddies recommended it.
    Hi Ed and Irene.
    It's going to be a little cooler this week.
    It's currently 67F,19C. Scattered thunderstorms during the morning becoming more widespread this afternoon. Storms may contain strong gusty winds. High 88F,31C. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 60%.
    Wishing all a happy weekend. 😊🤸🍷
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning
    Currently 74F with a high of 83F, hot and humid with occasional showers.
    Vix-I am reading Agatha Raisin mysteries by M.C. Beaton.
    We are off to the Lawyer this morning to sign our updated wills and other legal papers. We may go out to lunch on the way back.
    Have a good weekend! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 26 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees (feels like 28) with an expected partly cloudy high of 28 and 74% chance of afternoon showers that could include lightning and thunder.

I got the towels laundered and mostly put away. There is a short stack still on the dryer because Dinah took a nap on it. Fortunately not too long of a nap, as breakfast time for the cats intervened and she was hungry.

Still have sheets to launder, and a couple of towels I forgot, as well as a few regular clothes.

And I should drink this coffee and get out to the grocery and try to beat the rain.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, good that you and Dinah are getting the laundry done. ;)
    Jo, I've heard of the Agatha Raisin series, don't think I've read any. I'll add it to my list. Good that you're getting your papers finalized. We still have to do that.
    Hi Irene, I hope your foot is pretty much healed up by now.
    Our maple trees are starting to change color already!
    It's currently 69F, 21C. Cloudy skies this morning followed by thunderstorms during the afternoon. Heavy and torrential downpours at times. High 81F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 60%.
    We're babysitting our granddaughter for a little while this a.m. Then going to meet our son and daughter-in-law for brunch. It'll be nice.
    Wishing all a pleasant Sunday. 🍁🌻🦋
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 24 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 28 and 85% chance of precipitation that could include thundershowers.

We got a bit of rain quite late last night, along with some thunder. I needn't have rushed to the grocery, as we only got the tiniest sprinkle, with a few rumbles, in the afternoon, with the sun shining, despite the predictions of early afternoon thundershowers.

But that was OK. I got my shopping done, and have already added a couple of items to the list, for the next shopping trip.

Dinah and I have some new laundry to fold today, and there are still a few sheets (guest room) to be done but I will wait until I have some other things I can throw in with them, to help keep the washer from becoming unbalanced as it always seems to if I'm only doing bulky bedclothes type items.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, good to get the grocery shopping done. We've been having t-storms too.
    Hi Jo and Irene.
    Busy day today, grandparents day at daycare, I have an appt with my rheumatologist and a scheduled massage this afternoon.
    It's currently 71F, 22C. Sun and clouds mixed. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 82F,28C. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a bright, shiny new week. 😊
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 22 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 31 and 64% chance of precipitation that could include thundershowers.

Back to the old grind this morning, after 8 business days off! I am re-learning my way around the office. LOL.

I had several system files to update. And of course I got a bit ofy a late start to my morning as I forgot to set my alarm back on. It is on now and should prod me tomorrow. I WAS up in time to start work, though whether I start exactly at 8:00 doesn't really matter. So I am late on drinking my tea and coffee, and was a bit late on my breakfast, but did log in on time.

• parityanimal
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:

Scan Here to Get Phished

A QR code is a scannable image that leads to a specific website. More and more businesses are using QR codes. For example, some restaurants use QR codes instead of physical menus. As QR codes become more popular, cybercriminals are also using them for their malicious purposes.

In a recent scam, cybercriminals sent phishing emails disguised as multi-factor authentication (MFA) messages. The email instructs you to scan the QR code to enable MFA on your device. If you scan the QR code, you’ll be taken to a spoofed login page. If you enter your login credentials, cybercriminals could gain access to more of your sensitive information. 

Follow the tips below to stay safe from similar scams:

Think before you scan a QR code. Cyberattacks are designed to catch you off guard and trigger you to scan impulsively.  When you receive an email, stop and look for red flags. For example, watch out for emails that were sent outside of business hours and emails that contain spelling or grammatical errors. Be cautious before entering any login information on a website from a QR code. Instead, navigate directly to the official website.

The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4 dot com

• Joanne3366
    Good morning,
    Currently 74F with a high of 77F. It is overcast and there is a 50% chance of rain.
    Vix-Have fun at grandparents day and enjoy your massage.
    Ed-It is nice that you had some time off.
    Hi Irene-I hope you are doing well.
    Spent time on the phone this morning, settling some financial matters. It is amazing some of the hoops you have to jump through to get one simple thing done. I still have 2 more calls to make, but that will be for another day.
    Have a good day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 21 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 31 and 45% chance of precipitation that could include thundershowers. Sounds familiar!

I have some testing to work on this morning, but nothing earth shattering.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, I hope you're mostly caught up at work. Always so much when you get back.
    Jo, good luck with getting the financial matters taken care of. It can be tedious.
    Grandparents day was fun, Lilly is so sweet. Also spent some time with Will at home (on antibiotics) and played some games. He is a wonderful boy. Massage is always good. And the Rheum appt went well.
    It's currently 63F, 17C. Areas of patchy fog early. Sunshine and clouds mixed. High around 85F,29C. Winds light and variable.
    It's off to craft day today.
    Wishing all an interesting Tuesday. 🍁🐛😊
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 21 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected mostly cloudy high of 29 and 23% chance of precipitation.

Hopefully not a lot on the agenda today. We'll see.

Sausage biscuit sandwiches for breakfast.

• eku0
    Hi all
    We had another big thunderstorm last night.
    Took my car in for service this morning, had a bunch of things done, and ended up getting new tires too, so it was expensive. But I feel all safe and secure with it for the winter coming up.
    I have a PT session later this afternoon.
    It's currently 80F, 27C. Sun and clouds mixed. This is the high for the day. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph. Looks like highs in the 70s for the rest of the week. That's nice.
    Wishing all a happy 🐫 day!
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 21 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 25 and 44% chance of precipitation that could include thundershowers.

Cold pizza for breakfast.

• eku0
    edited September 2023
    good morning
    I bought some new sneakers on sale at Sierra yesterday while waiting for my car. Very comfy.
    Got some nice easy neck and shoulder exercises at PT.
    Happily, nothing planned for today. I've been feeling so tired.
    It's currently 60F, 16C, was nice for my walk. Sunny. High 77F, 25C. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Looks like the rains holding off for a while until the end of next week.
    Wishing all a pleasant Thursday. 🍁🌻🌞
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon
    We had Tornado warnings last evening. We got a lot of rain, but no wind. Today is nice and sunny, 76F.
    I went to work today. It was like I never left. I will be working Tues, Wed.and Thurs. 6-11.
    Tuesday I went to the eye doctor and I have to have cataract surgery. I am just waiting for the office to call me with the date.
    I also have to go for day surgery on the 22 for the kidney stones. It seem like everything is happening all at once.
    Hopefully after these procedures I will be done.
    Have a good evening. :)