Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,306 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 20 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 26 and 49% chance of precipitation.

New stuff to test on today, as one of the programmers got far enough into a change request for me to get started.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,367 Member
    good morning
    Jo, so sorry you are going through all that. I know you're happy about going back to work part time, so congrats on that. Best wishes for a smooth and successful surgery next week, and with the future cataract surgery. Hugs.
    Ed, have fun testing.
    Hi Irene, hope you are doing well.
    It's currently 53F, 12C, a nice cool walk this a.m. Sunny. High near 75F, 24C. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph.
    I finished the baby blanket.
    zgnt0rr84yx8.jpg

Don't look too closely, there are some mistakes. 😳 (and it's a little pinker than it looks here).
    Have some things to do around the house today, laundry, cleaning, etc.
    Wishing all an easy Friday. Yay, weekend! 🌞🌻🍷
  • eku0
    good morning
    I was busy yesterday, just getting in my exercise, working on things for the upcoming baby shower, and doing some cleaning/laundry.
    Babysitting tonight, I love spending time with the little ones.
    It was nice and cool for my walk this morning, currently 57F, 14C. Abundant sunshine. High around 80F, 27C. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a fun weekend! 🤸🏈🍁🌞
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 21 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 25 and 85% chance of precipitation.

Despite that, the last pool party of the year is today, and I have beans baking in the oven.

I hope enough people show up to eat them all! The forecast is better at the venue, a bit north of us, with only 19% chance of precipitation.

I guess I'll do the grocery shopping tomorrow.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, hope you had fun at the pool party.
    Hi Jo and Irene, hope everything is ok.
    We had fun with the little ones last night. They are so wonderful and huggable at this age.
    Another nice cool morning for my walk, cloudy, didn't need my sunglasses. It's currently 65F, 18C. Rain likely. High near 70F, 21C. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 90%.
    Wishing all a nice relaxing Sunday. 🏈🍁🌻
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 21 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 27 and 15% chance of precipitation.

The pool party was nice, despite the sun never peeking out at all, and being drizzly and rainy. There were old friends who were glad to see me (and I them) after missing most of the parties this year, and I met a few new people.

My beans were a hit. Apparently no one else made baked beans, except once, when the host couple knew in advance that I wasn't coming, and one of them made baked beans, that were all eaten up from what I heard. I doubt he made as many as I do, but I've had his baked beans and they are very good. Very different from mine, so any comparisons would be ridiculous.

Today I need to get some shopping done.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Good morning
    Vix and Ed-It seems like you both had a good weekend.
    Yesterday my hubby and I went out to breakfast and then to a flea market. After that my daughter and I went apple picking, honeycrisp apples. It was a beautiful day for it.
    Today I am cleaning house and doing laundry. Tomorrow I will be back to work, so I want to get as much done as I can today, as I suspect I will be tired until I get back into working again.
    Have a great start to your week. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 14 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected sunny high of 26 and 3% chance of precipitation.

I need to get both cars out to the inspection station and will try to do that today and/or tomorrow.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 13 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected sunny high of 27 and 4% chance of precipitation.

Sounds like a pretty nice day.

We'll see what testing awaits me today. Maybe I'll go out to get lunch, for a change, or maybe just make a sandwich. We'll see.

• eku0
    edited September 2023
    good morning
    oops, my post from yesterday didn't post!
    Ed, glad you had fun at the pool party, always good to see old friends and meet some new ones. I hope you got your cars out to inspection.
    Jo, it sounds like you had a really nice day, breakfast, flea market and apple picking. Honeycrisp are delicious. Good luck being back at work. I hope you don't get too tired.
    Irene, I hope you're doing well.
    I put together the party favor boxes for the shower yesterday, they are so cute! Today I'll pick up some candy to fill them.
    It's currently 56F, 13C again, great for my walk. Sunny. High around 75F,24C. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph. There's no stained glass this morning, so I have time to be here and to get my exercise done before I go to Clay Crafters.
    Wishing all a fine Tuesday. 🌞🍁🍎🍂
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 20 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected mostly cloudy high of 26 and 2% chance of precipitation.

I got both vehicles tested on Monday, and I've already filed the renewal for my car tag. I presume Jason has done the same for his.

I have some quick fixes to test at work this morning.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, good you and Jason got the cars taken care of.
    Jo, I hope you're not too tired from going back to work.
    Irene, I hope you're feeling better and your foot has recovered.
    I picked up all the candy and some disposable cups for the shower, but they were out of pink wrapped Hershey kisses, so they put them on hold for me in another store, I just have to get out to Frederick.
    I have an acupuncture appt this morning, and PT this afternoon. Will see what else I can get done.
    It's currently 62F, 17C. I am enjoying the cooler weather so much for my walks! Mostly sunny. High 76F,24C. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a happy 🐫 day.
  • Joanne3366
    Good evening;
    Work has been pretty easy. Since I am only working part time, I just put in my 5 hours and go home, no real responsibility.
    My surgery has been cancelled, because the laser machine is down. The doctor's office will call me when it is fixed.
    Have a good evenin. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 17 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected mostly cloudy high of 27 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Dinner last night was just scrambled eggs and steak fries. I had biscuits and sausage gravy for breakfast this morning.

Plenty to do at work today.

• eku0
    good morning
    Jo, I'm glad work was easy. Sorry your surgery was cancelled, hopefully it can be rescheduled soon, and get you some relief.
    Ed, sometimes it's good to be busy at work. I found it made the day go faster. ;)
    Hi Irene.
    I asked the PT for some exercises for the pains in my hands and ankles. He's so nice, so now I have something proactive to do for that.
    I finished scheduling the woman to fix our pottery equipment. Yay! She'll be there next Thursday. It'll be so nice to have the kilns and wheel functioning again.
    It's currently 67F, 19C and sunny. Sunshine and clouds mixed today. High 77F, 25C. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a pleasant Thursday. 🌞🍁🍂
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday!

We have 16 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 27 and 2% chance of precipitation. Hoping for a quiet, non-eventful day, but we'll see what work brings.

Hushpuppies for breakfast, with a sausage patty.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, I hope you get your non-eventful day.
    Hi Jo and Irene.
    I got out to Frederick yesterday, picked up the pink wrapped Hershey Kisses, and went to the organic food store. My new favorite treat is organic corn nuts. They also have very good organic popcorn and delicious fresh roasted coffees that you can grind in the store.
    Today is my daughter's birthday. She asked me to go shopping with her this afternoon. I'm so happy about that. It's been a long time since we spent time together, just the 2 of us. 💗😊
    It's currently 57F, 14C. Partly cloudy skies this morning will become overcast during the afternoon. High 73F, 23C. Winds ENE at 10 to 15 mph.
    Wishing all an easy Friday. Yay, almost weekend! 🍁🍂🍷
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning
    Vix-Happy birthday to your daughter. It is nice to spend one on one time with our daughters, I bet you had a great day! <3
    Ed-I hope you got your non-eventful day.
    Irene-I hope things are going well for you.
    I spend most of yesterday laying on the sofa, that was the only way to relieve the discomfort. Today I feel pretty good, but will not do any thing strenuous.
    We have 85% rain today and more of the same for tomorrow. It will be a soggy weekend with temps. in the 60's.
    I plan to iron curtains for the bedroom. I changed the bedding yesterday, but didn't feel like putting up the curtains.
    Have a great weekend. :)
  • eku0
    good morning
    Rainy here too. No morning walk today. Maybe I'll do an extra turn on the elliptical.
    Thanks, Jo. It was so nice to spend a couple of hours with my daughter! It was a great day.
    I hope you feel better, and best to take it easy. I hope they can reschedule you soon. Hugs.
    Hi Ed and Irene.
    I made butternut squash soup yesterday. I started adding some cinnamon to it, delicious. :)
    It's currently 57F, 14C, and pouring rain! Periods of rain expected throughout the day. High around 60F, 16C. Winds NE at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall near a quarter of an inch. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
    Wishing all a wonderful weekend. ☔🍁🍂🍷
  • parityanimal
    edited September 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 22 sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 28 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I have some laundry to fold, and another load to wash. And I need to get out to a grocery or two today.

Happy first day of Autumn!

vaaxdbe3z6jq.png
    8c9v054w2h98.png