Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,306 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous, sunny Sunday!

We have 13 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 19 and no chance of precipitation. I did get out to Aldi yesterday, and to waste a few dollars at a gas station getting lottery tickets.

Nothing critical on the agenda for today. I may just enjoy a lazy Sunday.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 6 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected sunny high of 24 and 1% chance of precipitation.

Jason is back. No telling what I'll find waiting at work today.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,366 Member
    Good morning
    Ed, guess you're not off for Columbus/Native American day. I'm sure it's nice to have Jason back home.
    Hi Jo and Irene.
    My daughter-in- law is still in the hospital. They transferred her to Johns Hopkins and she's being monitored. I think some of the readings are coming back to normal. It's good they're making sure everything is ok. She's only 9-10 weeks from her due date.
    I made chicken soup yesterday. Hubby is having digestive issues.
    It was great spending some time with my grandchildren. They are pure joy.
    It's currently 49F, 9C. Partly cloudy skies this morning will give way to occasional showers during the afternoon. High 62F, 17C. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week. 🍂👻🎃
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Good morning
    Currently 51F with a high of 61F.
    I sent Irene and email and she said she got a new computer and wasn't able to find us. I sent her a link, so hopefully she will be bak with us soon.
    Ed-No holiday for you?
    Vix-It sounds like your daughter-in -law is in good hands, praying for a good outcome. I hope hubby feels better soon.
    I am spending the day doing nothing. Tomorrow it is back to the grind.
    Have a great start to your week. :)
  • eku0
    good morning
    It's still dark out!
    Jo, thanks for sending an email to Irene. I'm glad she's ok. Don't work too hard!
    My daughter-in-law is in good hands. They kept her last night too, to do more tests and make sure she's ok. Thanks for your prayers.
    Hubby's feeling a little better (super pills!), but isn't sleeping well. He should get the results of his tests soon.
    Hi Ed and Irene.
    It's currently 45F, 7C. A mix of clouds and sun. Areas of patchy fog. High near 65F,18C. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    I'm off to craft day in a little while.
    Wishing all a fine Tuesday. 🍂🍁🎃
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 11 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 27 and 1% chance of precipitation.

Leftover pizza for breakfast.

We'll see what the workday brings.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 16 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected overcast high of 23 and 65% chance of precipitation.

Work awaits.

• eku0
    good morning all
    My daughter-in-law and son should be going home today. They kept her for one more night of tests and monitoring. I think she is getting medication and a strict diet to follow, and additional checkups.
    Hubby is awaiting his test results and has an appt with his GP tomorrow. He didn't get the quality of care needed at the urgent care place, but that's what's available on weekends.
    I finished the rose sun-catcher for the new little one.
    xhz4cf2s6o20.png
    The sun really caught that one petal! Sorry the pic is so big!
    I have a massage appt this morning and am looking forward to it.
    It looks like a beautiful day outside. It's currently 50F, 10C. Sunny to partly cloudy. High near 70F,21C. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a happy 🐫 day. 🌞🎃🍂
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon,
    Vix-I like the sun catcher. Healing vibes being sent for hubby and daughter-in-law.
    Ed-don't work to hard.
    I am getting ready to go for my walk. Since going back to work, I have had to adjust my walking schedule.
    I doubled check the link I sent to Irene and it should bring her right to this page.
    Enjoy! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 14 (Celsius) cloudy degrees (feels like 13) with an expected cloudy high of 20 and 72% chance of precipitation.

That rose looks great!

I need to get out to PetSmart this morning to get some mealworms for Remus. I had not realized I needed more until I fed him last night, and there wasn't another can to start on tonight. If I wait until lunch time to go, maybe I can pick u something at Publix for lunch.

• eku0
    edited October 2023
    good morning
    I'm glad you like the sun catcher. I thought it came out pretty well.
    My son and daughter-in-law were able to go home yesterday. Yay!
    Hubby is still sick, but seeing his PCP today. I hope she can help.
    Thanks for the get well wishes, Jo. And thanks for contacting Irene. I'm adjusting my walking schedule too, mostly for the temps to warm up a little, (and lack of motivation when I first get up!) I hope you're enjoying working part time. Time seems to fly for me, and I have no problem keeping busy without work.
    Ed, sounds like a plan for getting out to PetSmart and Publix.
    It's currently 49F, 9C. Some clouds this morning will give way to generally sunny skies for the afternoon. High 72F,22C. Winds light and variable.
    I have a PT appt this morning.
    Wishing all a fine Thursday. 🍂🍁🌞🎃

• Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 68F and sunny.
    Vix-glad your daughter-in-law is home. Yes, I have been enjoying work. It is good to see all my old friends and some of the customers that I have become friendly with.
    I finally got the dates for my cataract surgery, Nov.9 and 16th. My sight has slowly been getting worse. It will be strange not
    wearing glasses. I have worn them for over 50 years.
    Enjoy your afternoon. :)

• parityanimal
    edited October 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 16 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected overcast high of 18 and 47% chance of precipitation.

I did get to PetSmart and Publix yesterday, so Remus didn't miss any nights of mealworm for his dinner, and I got a turkey and cheese wedge sandwich for my lunch yesterday. It was really loaded with Boars Head turkey too and made a very nice lunch. At home all I had for a sandwich was braunschweiger (liverwurst) and/or cheese and I really didn't feel like opening up that roll of braunschweiger.

We're expecting some new hardware to test with a new project the team is working on. I'm hoping it will arrive late in the day so I can put off configuring it until next week. LOL.

• eku0
    good morning
    Jo, I'm so glad you were able to schedule your cataract surgery. I'm sure it'll be amazing not to wear glasses. My husband had his long ago, and he had always worn glasses. He's wearing them again now, but he had several years eyeglass free.
    Ed, good that you got to PetSmart and Publix. I'm sure Remus is thankful, and bonus you got a yummy lunch. Good luck with the new hardware. I hope it comes with good instructions!
    Last day of PT for me yesterday, and I got a good set of take home exercises to keep me going.
    It's currently 54F, 12C. Sunny. High 68F, 20C. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all an easy Friday, and happy weekend ahead. 🌞🍁🍂🎃
  • eku0
    good morning
    It's raining so I will probably skip the walk today, but I have my elliptical and other exercises, and some cleaning to do around the house, so that's probably enough.
    It's currently 52F, 11C.Periods of rain. High 58F, 14C. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall around a quarter of an inch. (I guess the eclipse will be blocked, we're supposed to get about a 30% eclipse here)
    Wishing all a good weekend. 🍂🍁☔🎃
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 18 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 23 and 4% chance of precipitation.

The cats let me sleep in gloriously late this morning so I'll be a bit late getting out for groceries. I may have lunch while out, or at least pick something up to bring back. Some fried chicken sounds good, and I haven't had any in quite a while so may get that. Or I could just make a liverwurst sandwich after shopping.

I should probably get some laundry started too.

• Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 59F with patches of sun. We put away our hoses and some outdoor stuff. I cleaned all the bird baths and put them away.
    I also scrubbed a couple of outdoor rugs. Inside I changed the sheets and put on my fall comforter and curtains. I also did 2 loads of laundry and made cookies and cake for hubby and did 30 min. on the elliptical. I have been awake since 3 am. Now I am going to sit and relax and read my book.
    Vix-Is hubby feeling any better?
    Ed-What did you get for lunch? I had a salad and a protein bar.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Ed-What did you get for lunch? I had a salad and a protein bar.
    Have a great day! :)

I smelled the fried chicken from well outside the Kroger store so ended up getting 3 large fried chicken tenders from the deli, and then ate one (just one) of the steak fries I made to go with Jason's eggs that I prepared for his lunch.

It was a pretty good trip to the grocery. I found some nice looking strawberries, and a plastic bowl container of peeled, ready to eat, mandarin oranges. Come to think of it, I did have some orange segments as well, for my lunch, and put some in a ramekin for Jason too.

I still haven't started any laundry and may not until tomorrow (Sunday).

• eku0
    good morning
    Jo, wow you do a lot!!! Good to relax with a book after all that!
    Ed, fried chicken sounds great. Can't remember the last time I had any.
    I treated myself to a thin bagel with lox for lunch yesterday.
    I cleaned the bathrooms and did some laundry, washed the baby blanket I made so it's ready to gift wrap. Probably more cleaning today, but I will go out for a walk in the glorious sunshine.
    It's currently 47F, 8C. Mainly sunny to start, then a few afternoon clouds. High around 60F, 16C. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph.
    Wishing all a peaceful, relaxing Sunday. 🍂🌞🎃🕊️
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 15 (Celsius) cloudy degrees (feels like 14) with an expected mostly cloudy high of 17 and 2% chance of precipitation. I don't know if either of us will get out of the house or not today. I'm not even sure I'll actually get around to laundry.

Breakfast was a waffle, egg, sausage, cheese sandwich.