Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,306 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying, sunny Saturday!

We have 13 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 23 and no chance of precipitation.

The cats let me sleep in some this morning but you may be sure I was up in time to feed them, though Orion sitting in my lap while I read email and posted the daily funnies here did delay that feeding just a bit. I try to let the cats get out of my lap in their own good time, but sometimes I just HAVE to get up. This morning, Dinah came to my desk to inquire about the delay in breakfast, and when she did, Orion vacated my lap. I think he may have thought she was going to evict him anyway, and she could! LOL.

Still have laundry to do, so no, I haven't caught up on that. We had carryout from Extreme Teriyaki Grill last night. Jason had tofu, and I had salmon. It was, as always, delicious. They are in a small retail center with a several buildings, with a number of businesses, restaurants, and a laundromat, just down at the south end of our road, less than a mile away. So convenient.

We may get out to an Indian shopping center in Suwanee this weekend. They are only about 20 minutes (with good traffic) away, and we noticed earlier in the week that they have really built up the center. We go a few times a year for a big Indian grocery there (it's the main anchor for the center) but hadn't been in quite a while so were surprised at all the new restaurants and shops. As we had stopped by the grocery at closing time, we couldn't take the time to properly explore the shops as many were already closed, and we needed to get home anyway, it being a work night.

We also need to start moving plants in to the garage for the winter.

Happy birthday Joanne's husband!

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,365 Member
    good morning
    Irene, glad you enjoyed the time with your friend.
    Jo, Happy Birthday to Hubby!!! The Lebanese restaurant sounds good. Kabobs are yummy.
    I probably would not have been as disappointed with the haircut had she not shown me a picture. Most hairdressers really don't know how to cut curly hair, even when they say they do. It's just short.
    Hi Ed.
    I ran out this morning and picked up some more things for the baby shower tomorrow. I had turned on the basement fridge and put a big bag of ice and the drinks in there. I'll stir up the frittatas tonight, and bake them in the a.m. My co-mom and daughter will be here this afternoon to help me decorate and set up. It'll be fun.
    It's currently 59F, 15C. Considerable clouds this morning. Some decrease in clouds later in the day. High 61F, 16C. Winds WNW at 15 to 25 mph. Higher wind gusts possible.
    Wishing all a great weekend!!! 🍂🎃🍷🍷🍷
  • eku0
    good morning
    Jo!!!
    yzeqzxi2bz6f.png

Getting ready for the party today.
    Need to do the last minute straightening, getting drinks in the cooler, set up some balloons, pick up some orders, get the frittatas in the oven.
    It's currently 48F, 9C. A shower is possible early. Some clouds this morning will give way to generally sunny skies for the afternoon. High 58F, 14C. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
    Wishing all a wonderful Sunday. 🍂🎃🥂💐
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,160 Member
    good morning,
    No big plans for today we did get a nice walk in this morning we saw a lot of deer. My exercise is still not up to where it use to hopefully in time I will be doing it again.
    Happy birthday Jo
    Hi Vix and ED
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 16 (Celsius) sunny degrees (feels like 15) with an expected sunny high of 24 and no chance of precipitation.

I need to get the grocery shopping done today.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 53F and windy.
    Thank you for the birthday wishes.
    Vix-have a wonderful time at the baby shower. How is you daughter-in-law feeling?
    Irene-How close were you to the deer?
    Ed-Did you make it to the Indian shopping center?
    I went to the farmer's market and picked up some honeynut squash, bagels, honey and kettle corn. I also made American
    chop suey for dinner.
    Have a good evening! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 8 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 23 and 1% chance of precipitation.

We did not get out to the Indian shopping center, but did get started on bringing plants in for the winter. We got the biggest ones moved into the garage and the rest, more easily moved, plants will meander in over the next week or two.

The heater has been coming on in the early morning hours sometimes, as the weather has started cooling down.

Well, more tea awaits, and then some coffee.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, the Indian shopping center sounds intriguing, is it all kinds of different stores? I'm wondering about bringing in my outdoor fern in a pot for the winter. I'll look it up.
    Irene, glad you're getting out for your walks again. I'm sure you'll be back to normal in time.
    Jo, sounds like a fun birthday, interesting picks at the farmer's market. I've never tried honeynut squash.
    The party came together and was really fun. It was great to hang out with a bunch of beautiful young women. My daughter-in-law is having some medical issues and will probably deliver early, most likely the week of Thanksgiving. She is so graceful, and determined to be the best she can be. It gave her a lift to spend time with her friends. 💕
    It's currently 42F, 6C. Abundant sunshine. High 62F,17C. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.
    I'm waiting for it to warm up a bit for my walk.
    Wishing all a bright, shiny new week. 🍂🎃🌞
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon,
    Currently 59F and cloudy. The sun was out most of the day.
    Vix-Sounds like the baby shower was a success. I wish your daughter-in-law all the best during the rest of her pregnancy.
    I had a follow-up ultrasound of my kidneys this morning and all looks good. I have to do a 24 hour urine in a couple of weeks
    and then a follow up visit.
    Hi Irene and Ed.
    Have a great evening. :)
  • parityanimal
    edited October 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 8 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected sunny high of 23 and 2% chance of precipitation.

We will know more about the shopping center when we get back up there, but I saw a flower shop with fancy floral decorations, such as you might see in a Bollywood video, and at least one boutique/gift shop. We are especially interested in seeing what some of the restaurants offer. I saw at least three, maybe more!

Still have laundry to catch up on, and there is work equipment we're assembling on the other desk in my office.

• IreneMurman
    Good morning,
    Vix I am happy the baby shower was fun. Hope the rest of her pregnancy goes good.
    not much going on here George has an eye appt today so we will be going to that.
    I have been walking a little more still not up to 8 miles hope in time I will.
    Ed when we were stationed in Ca it was in the 80s when we went and had Indian food don't remember too much about it.
    Jo glad your ultra sound came back good
    take care
  • eku0
    good morning
    Thanks all for the well wishes for my daughter-in-law. She's being really careful, and trying to stay well.
    Jo, glad your ultra-sound results were good, and that they're following up to keep an eye on it.
    Ed, Indian food is delicious, and the shopping center sounds like it would be fun to go through.
    Irene, 8 miles is a lot! I'm sure you'll progress as time goes by.
    It's currently 43F, 6C. Sunny. High 69F, 21C. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
    I got my RSV shot yesterday, so I think that's the last of them for this year.
    I'm skipping stained glass this a.m. Feeling a little off, but I should be able to make it to clay crafters this afternoon.
    Wishing all a pleasant Tuesday! 🍂🌞🎃
  • eku0
    good morning
    It's currently 46F, 8C. Sunshine to start, then a few afternoon clouds. High around 75F, 24C. Winds light and variable. Looks like about 5 days of summer weather expected!
    I go for my annual gyn appt this morning. That's about it for today. As always, I will exercise and there is plenty to do around the house. The laundry is calling me (probably do that now!)
    Wishing all a happy 🐪day! 🌞🍂🎃
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

Jason had some minor surgery scheduled for this morning and is resting here at home now. We both took the whole day off, and he has scheduled the next couple of days off too. I have an appointment Friday to determine whether (and when) to have hernia surgery (and he has to have his draining tubes removed) so we'll both be back at that site in a couple of days!

I'm just having my coffee now, after a Taco Bell run. The patient wanted Taco Bell for lunch, so that's what we had.

• Joanne3366
    Good afternoon
    Currently 72F and sunny.
    Ed-Wishing Jason a speedy recovery. Good luck with your appt. on Friday.
    Vix-Good luck with your gyn appt.
    Hi Irene.
    After work I did laundry and made a few phone calls.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

The site was down earlier, but finally came back up.

We have 17 (Celsius) mostly sunny degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 25 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Nurse Eddie (me) is still on duty, but I'm also back at work. I think I can juggle that. I have some laundry to get folded and at least one more load to wash, but trying to get back on track. Jason was trying to avoid taking his prescribed pain pills, as neither of us really likes taking opioids. Not that they prescribe them often, or in any great quantity. But he wanted me to set one up for his bedtime medicine last night so I did.

A good sign is that overnight he was finally able to sleep on his side. He tried to nap during the day but had to lie on his back. Maybe the pain pill helped with that.

Well, I need to get back to work. Was taking a break to make another cup of coffee.

• eku0
    good morning
    It's good I looked at this, you reminded me to get my laundry into the washer! Thanks!
    Ed, wishing Jason a speedy recovery. I'm sure you're a good nurse. :) And good luck with your appointment on Friday.
    Jo, I'm glad things are getting back to normal for you. My gyn appt went well, no worries.
    Hi Irene.
    It was chilly for my walk this morning 46F,8C, but it's warming up quickly. Sunny to partly cloudy, expected for today. Near record high temperatures. High 79F, 26C. Winds light and variable. 4 more warm days ahead.
    We went to Sierra and TJ Maxx yesterday, hubby got a new cozy jacket for our trip. I bought some gluten free organic snack packs for our trip, and an organic protein shake mix I've never tried before . Mine is almost gone and I like to keep some in the house.
    We also went to see the grands in their Halloween costumes on their way to a trunk and treat, so cute. Little red riding hood and the big bad wolf. 🥰
    Will see what today brings. Wishing all a pleasant Thursday. 🍂🍁🌞🎃
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 14 (Celsius) foggy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 26 with 6% chance of precipitation.

Working a half day as I'm taking Jason for removal of draining tubes, and I have my follow-up to discuss the ultrasound results and discuss future actions.

• IreneMurman
    Happy Friday
  • eku0
    good morning
    Ed, good luck to you and Jason with your medical appts today.
    Hi Jo and Irene.
    I have a massage scheduled for this morning. Yay!
    It's currently 60F, 16C. Sunshine and clouds mixed. Near record high temperatures. High 79F,26C. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all an easy Friday. 🍂🌞🎃