Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,306 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 9 (Celsius) foggy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 10 and 74% chance of precipitation.

I need to get to the grocery and the hardware store. We need to mulch the banana trees this weekend if possible. I may just order the mulch delivered though. We'll see.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,160 Member
    Good morning,
    well I need to schedule an MRI for my brain I keep falling and feeling weak I will let everyone knows what I find out oh also needs to pick up my meds I have an UTI
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,365 Member
    good morning all
    Jo, so glad your surgery went well, and best wishes for next week's surgery. Good to take some time out to relax a bit.
    Ed, you have banana trees?! Are they ornamental or do they grow bananas? How interesting!
    Irene, so sorry you are having medical issues. Hopefully your UTI will clear up quickly, those are so annoying. And best wishes for good results from your brain MRI. I hope it is nothing serious.
    It rained most of yesterday, and I caught up with some paperwork. The massage was good, but my neck is still a bit sore, I guess from all the driving and the unfamiliar pillow on vacation.
    It's currently 45F, 7C. Sunny to partly cloudy. High 56F, 13F. Winds light and variable. Planning to go out to a park later and walk around, when it warms up a bit.
    Wishing all a wonderful weekend. 🍂🍁🌞🍷
  • eku0
    rft2pwfiyd2m.png
    This is a sunset photo from Park Ave in Arches Nat'l Park. My phone tends to lighten things up.
  • eku0
    kygkzqkbwv2c.png
    This one's from Balanced Rock.
  • parityanimal
    We have actually had our banana trees bloom once or twice, and once they did create some tiny, inedible bananas, but they are mostly ornamental. Last winter's late cold snaps knocked them back hard (they were about 12 feet tall) which gave us a chance to move them down to the lower yard, nearer the road. They are re-establishing themselves there (only about 5 feet tall right now) and definitely need a good mulching for this winter.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, that's so cool that you have banana trees! I didn't know they could grow outside of the tropics.
    Hi Jo and Irene.
    We went to Frederick yesterday and walked through Carroll Creek Park, full of Fall colors and fresh, crisp air. We had lunch at a little restaurant called Truth and Beauty. I had some Thai sweet chili brussels sprouts. I was feeling adventurous. It was tasty!
    It's currently 37F, 3C. Partly cloudy. High near 50F, 10C. Winds light and variable.
    I need to do some organizing today, and hopefully will get out later when it warms up a little.
    Wishing all a peaceful Sunday. 🍂🍁🕊️🌤️
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 11 (Celsius) cloudy degrees (feels like 10) with an expected cloudy high of 14 and 1% chance of precipitation.

We are going to have the mulch delivered, and I still need to got to the grocery. I decided not to get out in the drizzly day yesterday, but today is a tad warmer and looks to be less drizzly for sure.

I don't need too much from the grocery so it should be a short trip. I'm pondering what to make for Thanksgiving, and will be looking at some options for that.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 8 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees (feels like 7) with an expected partly cloudy high of 19 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I have a program I'm testing in frozen status waiting to go over the place it broke, with the team.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, nice that you're getting the mulch delivered. I hope your work team figures out the error(s).
    We'll make a turkey, but may modify the sides this year. We'll probably end up packing up and taking some of the feast to my son and daughter-in-law's house. New baby is expected to be induced this week.
    It's currently 30F, -1C. Sunny. High near 55F, 13C. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    We may pick up our grandson early from preschool today, just to give him a break and spend some quality time. We'll see. It'll be fun.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week. 🌞🍁🍂
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Good evening;
    Irene-Good luck with your MRI.
    Ed-I hope you got your program fixed.
    Vix-beautiful pictures. Wishing your daughter-in-law an easy delivery and recovery.
    It is an adjustment being able to see clearly with only one eye. My surgery on the left eye is scheduled for Thursday
    afternoon.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 9 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected mostly cloudy high of 19 and 2% chance of precipitation.

We're still having some trouble with that software, but progress is being made. Our mulch was delivered early this morning, about 8 minutes before 7:00, so I may spread most of that this evening.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, hope your team gets the software cleared up, sometimes it takes a while. Good that your mulch was delivered.
    Hi Irene.
    Jo, I'm glad your first surgery went well, and best wishes for Thursday for a smooth and easy surgery.
    I'm sure it'll be great to see well again!
    Thanks for the wishes for my daughter-in-law. She went back in the hospital Sunday evening, and they're going to keep her there through the delivery, planning to induce Thursday night. I'm hoping all goes well. This pregnancy has not been easy for her. She and my son seem to be holding up well and keeping their spirits up.
    It's currently 43F, 6C. Sunny. High 56F,13C. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    I had a fun afternoon with our grandson yesterday. 🥰
    I'll be leaving shortly for craft day.
    Wishing all a pleasant Tuesday. 🍂🍁🌞

• IreneMurman
    Good morning,
    Jo so glad your eye surgery went ,good luck on the other one.
    Today I go for my MRI hopefully we can figure out what is going on
    Hi Ed and Vix
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Good morning;
    Irene-good luck with your MRI today.
    Currently33F with a high of 47F.
    Today so far I have cleaned 2 closets and tried on some clothes from one of the closets. I only had a few things that didn't fit.
    It has been hard trying to find things to occupy my day, because I can not lift anything and reading with only one good eye is difficult.
    Have a good day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 12 (Celsius) cloudy degrees (feels like 11) with an expected cloudy high of only 13 and 79% chance of precipitation.

I got the banana trees mulched but still have a few low places in the yard to fill in with some. I have three bags left, but may save some to add after what I put around the banana trees settles.

Still debugging that program.

• eku0
    good morning
    Irene, I hope your MRI went well and they can figure out the problem.
    Jo, cleaning out closets is a real chore. It's amazing how much you do in one day! Good luck with the 2nd eye surgery tomorrow.
    Enjoy your mulching, Ed. I hope Jason is recovered and feeling tip top.
    Craft day is good for me to be making things and have a chat session with some friends.
    They let my daughter-in-law go home yesterday. I'm sure they'll rest better at home. As of now, they'll be going back to the hospital Friday a.m.
    It's currently 36F, 2C. Partly cloudy skies this morning will become overcast during the afternoon. High 58F, 14C. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a happy 🐪 day. 🍁🍂🌞🍷
  • parityanimal
    Looking down the driveway, you can see the banana trees. And the bins out for collection. LOL.

y950dp49ujnp.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 13 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees (feels like 12) with an expected mostly sunny high of 20 and 8% chance of precipitation.

Progress is being made on the program difficulties.

I have a dryer full of laundry to fold today too.

• IreneMurman
    Good morning,
    My MRI came back no tumor I will know more when I see the DR on Monday,
    Vix sending prayers for your daughter in law and the baby.
    Jo good luck today.
    Hi Ed