Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,365 Member
    good morning
    Got to craft day so late yesterday that I only had 1 hour in stained glass. Can't get much done in a hour, maybe I can work on some at home (I'm trying to make holiday gifts, but am way behind!)
    It rained all day yesterday and is very foggy out right now. It's currently 45F, 7C. Clouds and some sun this morning with more clouds for this afternoon. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 54F, 12C. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
    I need to make the marinated salad and cranberry sauce today. Getting ready for Thanksgiving!
    Wishing all a happy 🐪 day, and a wonderful Thanksgiving Day tomorrow! 🦃🦃🦃🥧🍷🍂😊
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,306 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

My post keeps disappearing. The refrigerator is full of food for tomorrow's solo feast.

I'm still testing "that program" and it looks like it's still having the same issues, despite last night's code updates. Maybe today the programmers will have time to look more closely into that with me. If not, then it will have to happen next week!

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,160 Member
    good morning,
    thank you for the birthday wishes.
    I went to the DRs and he read the MRI it showed I had mini strokes not sure when I will be seeing a Neurologist January 30 so wish me luck.
    In case I don't get on tomorrow have a happy Thanksgiving
  • eku0
    good morning
    Ed, sometimes it just goes that way. Enjoy your solo feast! 🦃🍷🍷
    Irene, take care of yourself. Neurologists are usually pretty nice and willing to explain things. Wishing you the best. Hugs.
    Jo, are you cooking?
    It's currently 41F, 5C. Some clouds this morning will give way to generally sunny skies for the afternoon. High 54F,12C. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    I made the salad and cranberry sauce yesterday, turkey, sweet potatoes and some cookies today.
    Wishing all a
    jv2rv9h4nqp7.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

Happy Thanksgiving!

5qv0rh5k1y11.png

We have 4 (Celsius) sunny degrees (feels like 3) with an expected partly cloudy high of 14 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Biscuits in the oven for a light breakfast of sausage and biscuits.

I may do some parade watching today. On the television. Haven't decided.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• IreneMurman
    Happy Thanksgiving
  • parityanimal
    My 2023 Thanksgiving feast.

Sliced Cajun turkey, Yukon Gold mashed potatoes, classic green bean casserole, turkey gravy, and a huge pan of my home made cornbread dressing. Served with a single Cheesecake Factory brown roll, buttered. Wine of choice, Purple Toad Winery Pinot Noir, 2019, saved for a special occasion and this is it!

Dessert of pumpkin pie, and one bite size pecan tart.

qh1j7eunpewa.png

47dd7yy44b6l.png

ljx5dsgsacw6.png

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Good morning;
    I hope everyone had a good day yesterday.
    I made a chicken pie and mashed potatoes, stuffing, squash, green beans and corn. My daughter is vegetarian lot of veggies for her. We had apple pie for dessert. After dinner we put the Christmas lights on the bushes out in front of the house. It was a fairly nice day, so we wanted to get the lights up now instead of on a cold day.
    Ed-your dinner looks so yummy.
    Irene-good luck at the Neurologists. I will keep you in my prayers. Hugs.
    Vix-Did you have everyone to your house for Thanksgiving?
    I am off to work in a little while for a few hours and then my daughter and I are going to SOWA winter market and out to lunch.
    It should be a fun day.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 8 (Celsius) cloudy degrees (feels like 7) with light rain and and an expected partly cloudy high of 16 with 24% chance of precipitation. I guess I'm in that 24% area.

Glucose and blood pressure were both a bit high this morning. I guess all that Thanksgiving food was a bit much. Thank goodness it's just once a year!

Nothing on the agenda for today. Isn't that lovely?

• eku0
    edited November 2023
    good morning
    Your feast looks yummy, Ed.
    Jo, your feast sounds yummy too! Lots of veggies are good for you. My Mom used to make apple pie. 💗💗Sounds like a fun couple of days!
    Hi Irene, hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. Hugs.
    Our daughter, son-in-law, and 2 grandchildren came for Thanksgiving (Jen, Steve, Will and Lilly). We had a short video call with our son and daughter-in-law with baby sounds in the background. 💗It was really nice. I made the turkey, salad, cranberry sauce, and sweet potatoes (and failed pumpkin cookies, which I threw out!)
    They brought aperol spritzers, green bean casserole, biscuits, and mashed potatoes. Everything was delicious, and it is always wonderful to spend time with family.💕
    Every year, I've thought about making soup from the turkey bones, and this is the first year I've done it.
    We'll probably visit Josh, Alyssa, and baby Madison today. I packed a few meals worth of Thanksgiving dinner up for them.
    I have a massage scheduled for this a.m.
    It's currently 40F, 4C. Partly cloudy. High near 50F,10C. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing everyone a happy Friday and holiday weekend! 🦃🍂🍷🌤️
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Currently 24F with a high of 38F.
    Sounds like everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.
    We had fun at the holiday market. Today is grocery shopping and starting to put up the Christmas decorations. I plan to go through all the decorations and get rid of the things I haven't used in years.
    Have a good day!
  • IreneMurman
    good Saturday morning.
    today I am going to a Christmas bazaar hope to get some Christmas shopping done . Staying close to home .
    take care everyone
    not sure when we will get our Christmas up George is pretty sick.
  • eku0
    good morning
    Irene, I sure hope George starts feeling better soon, and you are ok. Do you have someone nearby who can help you, if needs be? Hugs.
    Jo, glad you had fun at the holiday market. I'm leaving my Autumn wreath up until 12/1, then I'll put up my holiday wreath. Pete usually puts up some lights when we get a warm day. I don't fuss much anymore.
    Ed, hope your glucose and blood pressure come back to normal. I know my weight has shot up 😮🙁 Gotta get that back under control!
    We had a fun day yesterday. After my nice soothing massage, we went to visit Josh, Alyssa, and baby Maddie. They were happy with the Thanksgiving package we brought, and it was wonderful to see them. Maddie is so tiny and snuggly. There's nothing like holding a baby. 💗
    It's currently 29F,-2C. Plentiful sunshine. High 44F, 7C. Winds light and variable. The colder weather is definitely moving in . It's late for that, it's almost December!
    Wishing all a wonderful weekend! 🍂🦃🍷🌞

• parityanimal
    edited November 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 11 (Celsius) sunny degrees (feels like 8) with an expected partly cloudy high of 14 and 1% chance of precipitation. Sounds like a lovely fall day!

I may get out for some groceries today, but I may wait until tomorrow. I'm down to nothing left of the feast but some turkey, dressing and gravy, along with a small amount of pie. But then I have been eating leftovers for every meal. LOL. I do love my turkey and dressing, so usually make enough for several days of leftovers. I'll probably finish off everything but a few pecan tarts by the end of the day today.

Glucose and blood pressure were both back to normal (well, normal for ME on the glucose) this morning. My weight shot up after Thursday but that will come back down once all the feast is eaten up and I've had a few days to get over it.

Nothing critical on the agenda.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, we still have another day or 2 of turkey left! Pete loves turkey too.
    Irene, I hope you had fun at the Christmas Bazaar.
    Jo, fun to put up decorations.
    I got back to my exercise routine yesterday, need to work off this extra weight!
    I scheduled a donation pickup for tomorrow, so will go through some things, see what I have, and pack them up.
    It's currently 33F, 0.5C. A mix of clouds and sun this morning followed by increasing clouds with showers developing this afternoon. High near 45F, 7C. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a cozy Sunday. 🌥️☔🕊️🍷
  • IreneMurman
    Good morning,
    George still has the flu but it is getting better trying not to get it.
    We do have friends I can call but they are all older not sure how much help they can be .George and I have always counted on each other but if I needed help I could always call one of my sisters they are all up in Scranton ,Pa and we are in NJ
    take care everyone
    oh we are going to put up our Christmas tree
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Irene-I hope George is feeling better soon. Did you get any Christmas shopping done?
    Ed-We finished up the leftovers yesterday. It is good that your glucose and blood sugar are back to normal.
    Vix-Now that the leftovers are gone, the plan is to get back on track with my eating. I made salads for the week and cut up some peppers and cucumbers to snack on.
    Currently 26F with a high of 45F.
    I have a few errands to run this morning and then I plan on finishing up the decorations.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • parityanimal
    edited November 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuos Sunday!

We have 8 (Celsius) cloudy degrees (feels like 6) with an expected cloudy high of 11 and 36% chance of precipitation.

Sounds like a gloomy day good for staying in.

Nothing critical on the agenda. Part of me is glad all the turkey and dressing is finished, but part of me really would not have minded another day of it. I really don't eat turkey or home made cornbread dressing much aside from Thanksgiving weekend, but have been known to occasionally get a hankering for it some other time in the year, and make a casserole of turkey and dressing, just for fun.

On the downside, it means I have to figure out food for today. I have been eating nothing but leftovers since Thursday.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 4 (Celsius) clear degrees (feels like 1) with an expected sunny high of 9 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Back to the old grind after a lovely long weekend.

• eku0
    good morning
    Irene, I'm glad George is starting to feel better and that you have family nearby. Have fun putting up your tree.
    Jo, good for you for planning your snacks and meals. This is a hard time of year for me. My birthday is next weekend, and our anniversary next week, so plenty of celebrations! (And difficulty watching my diet!) Have fun decorating!
    Ed, we usually only have turkey on Thanksgiving. Today is probably the last of the turkey! Although I made turkey soup which is good for another meal. It's nice to get a long weekend while you're working.
    It's currently 44F, 7C. Partly cloudy. High 46F, 8C. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
    I just ordered a bunch of books for the grandchildren from Barnes and Noble, and may go out and do a little shopping later.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week.🍂🌤️✨