Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Good morning;
    Currently 45F and raining.
    My landscapers came yesterday and cleaned up the rest of the leaves. My yard looks so nice now.
    Ed-good luck with your surgery.
    Vix-sounds like you had a good birthday celebration.
    We went out early and ran a few errands this morning. It was nice, because there were not a lot of people in the stores
    that we went to. I came home and make strawberry jam. It is hubby's favorite and we were almost out.
    Have a good day! :)
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,306 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 4 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected sunny high of 18 and 3% chance of precipitation.

I have already been busy checking whether selection of each item on my picklist works, and there are only two that the programmer has not yet fixed. If necessary, I can just remove those from the picklist before the device is taken to the trade show to demo.

I am doing some of the laundry that Jason brought back, as I won't be up to that tomorrow for sure!

I will probably not post in the morning, but may tomorrow afternoon or evening if I feel awake enough to do so.

Now I need to get to documenting some issues I found with the picklist editor, for the programmer who did that project (outside of our company) to see.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,365 Member
    good morning
    Ed, good that you've got the demo figured out. Best wishes for a smooth and safe surgery tomorrow, and a quick recovery.
    Jo, it's nice when things get cleaned up. :) Interesting that you make your own strawberry jam. I bet hubby appreciates that!
    I really enjoyed spending time with my children and grandchildren for my birthday. That is the best present for me.
    We're going out today to get a new dishwasher. Ours is starting to rust on the inside. I guess 10 years is about how long they last.
    It's currently 43F,6C. Partly cloudy skies this morning will become overcast during the afternoon. High 49F,9C. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a bright, shiny new week. ✨🧤🕎🎄
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,160 Member
    Ed good luck on your surgery
  • Joanne3366
    Good evening;
    Ed-good luck on your surgery and wishing you a speedy recovery.
    I had an appt. with the urologist this morning. Everything looks fine and I don't have to go back for 6 months.
    Vix-Appliances don't seem to last these days. Good luck finding a new dishwasher.
    Hi Irene.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

I am up, and desperate for some tea but nothing can de done about that until later.

I'll try to get all my morning things done before we head to he hospital.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, best wishes for a smooth surgery and quick recovery! 🤗
    Hi Irene.
    Jo, glad you had a good appt. We'd been researching dishwashers all weekend, and they were on sale until tomorrow, so we actually bought one to be delivered 12/11, then someone will call us within a few days of that to install it.
    Alyssa had her surgery yesterday, and it went well. Coming home today.
    It's currently 33F,0.5C A mix of clouds and sun early followed by cloudy skies this afternoon. High around 45F,7C. Winds light and variable.
    Off to crafts today.
    Wishing all a happy Tuesday. 🧤🎄🕎🌤️
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Ed-good luck with your surgery and speedy recovery.
    Vix-glad Alyssa's surgery went well, wishing her a speedy recovery.
    Hi Irene.
    Currently 37F and cloudy.
    Enjoy your evening! :)
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2023
    Well, there were delays on top of delays with my surgery. But it seems to have gone well, though I am in a lot of pain right now. They shaved a larger area (in my opinion) than they really needed to and all that is going to itch as the hair comes back in. Annoying, but nothing I can do about that now. Here is a picture of me in the prep room looking like a human burrito in the air heated fancy blanket.

cjhbjajc1kho.jpg
  • eku0
    edited December 2023
    good morning
    Ed, glad all went smoothly, and wishing you a quick recovery. Nice that they kept you warm. Good luck with the pain going away and hopefully not too much itchiness!
    Hi Irene, hope all is well. Let us know how you're doing.
    Thanks Jo. Alyssa's Mom stayed with her overnight and brought her home yesterday. She stayed with them last night too which is really nice. Josh had his first night alone with Maddie, and all went well there.
    I'm glad I don't have any appts this week! I need to get back to my diet and full exercise routine!
    It's currently 33F, 0.5C Partly cloudy. High 42F,6C. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.
    Wishing all a happy 🐪day. 🌤️🕎🎄🧤🍷

• parityanimal
    edited December 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 6 (Celsius) sunny degrees (feels like 2) with an expected sunny high of 11 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I'm feeling a teensy bit better this morning, but I know the recovery will take a month or more. Hoping it will be as well recovered as Jason was after a month.

I know married people are supposed to become more and more like each other but for both of us to have almost identical surgical needs at around the same time is carrying that a bit too far! At least his recovery from his surgery 6 weeks ago gives me a road map on what to expect. LOL.

Moving slow in Peachtree Corners, GA. Not even trying to do any work work until maybe Friday.

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    ED I hope your recovery keeps improving.
    Hi Jo and Vix
  • eku0
    good morning,
    Irene, hope you're feeling ok.
    Ed, glad you're feeling a teensy bit better. Hopefully you'll feel a bit better every day.
    Jo, hope all is going well.
    I met a friend at TJ Maxx yesterday. A good way to have a chat and pick up a few things!
    We stopped in to see Will and Lilly last night. 🥰
    It's currently 36F,2C. Light snow this morning will give way to some clearing this afternoon. High around 45F, 7C. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 70%. We had a tiny bit of sleet? looked like tiny snowballs yesterday, and then some snow flurries later.
    We'll probably go out to dinner tonight to celebrate. Will see what the day brings.
    Wishing all a happy Thursday! 🧤🎄🕎❄️🍷
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 0 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 14 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Not a lot of change in how I feel this morning, so far. I know this will be a somewhat long recovery, so that's all right. I have an appointment later this morning to have the drainage tubes removed. After that maintenance should, hopefully, be a bit easier, assuming they find no issues during that appointment.

Jason is doing his best to help, despite being under some tight deadlines at work.

I may try to work tomorrow, at least half a day.

• parityanimal
    Update:

Surgery was Tuesday. Drain tubes removed today, Thursday.

Swelling and tenderness are high today, but doctor says that's normal and second day is the worst.

Ice packs help.

Update complete. Probably going back to bed shortly. Glad to have those annoying tubes removed.
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-Happy Anniversary! <3
    Ed-I am glad you are feeling a teensy bit better and that you have Jason to help you.
    Hi Irene-How are you feeling?
    Happy Hanukkah!
    Last night my daughter and I went to see Andrea Bocelli. The show was due to start at 8pm, at 8:30 his wife
    came out on stage and said he was unable to perform because of health issues, needless to say we were disappointed.
    They said the concert would be rescheduled at a later date.
    Have a good afternoon! :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 1 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 17 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Having the drain tubes out yesterday has made today seem easier. I don't have to be careful of them any more, just careful of where they were, and making sure to have my absorbent pads over those areas. I feel much better today compared to yesterday, though movement is still painful and will be for some time yet. Stamina is very low too. I won't be doing any grocery shopping this weekend, or at best just a tiny bit. Maybe eggs and other real necessities. We'll see if I can get Jason to drive me to Kroger. LOL.

I'm trying getting back to work today, since it is a desk job mostly. But they made some changes through the week and I'm going to need help getting to the devices through the network, as they've rearranged the IP addresses and moved some APIs to different places. Should be fun.

Sorry your concert had to be rescheduled, Joanne. That's always a disappointment and more so when everyone is sitting out there waiting, rather than finding out beforehand.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, don't rush your healing. Take your time getting well, and you may want to stay out of the public for a while. Your immune system is working hard enough! Please let Jason do the shopping this week. Wishing you a speedy recovery, hope you feel better soon!
    Irene, hope all is well.
    Jo, aw, that's disappointing, but at least it will be rescheduled. I would love to see Andrea Bocelli in person, he is wonderful. One of my favorite videos is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIiqxyIuMJk, Andrea Bocelli and his daughter, Virginia singing Hallelujah. There are several versions of it on you tube, I really like this one.
    Thanks for the holiday wishes!
    We went to dinner last night at Jojo's in Frederick to celebrate 48 years. It was good, nice atmosphere.
    We're going to see Josh, Alyssa, and Maddie later today.
    It's currently 38F, 3C. Mostly sunny. High near 55F,13C. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all an easy Friday. 🌞🕎🎄🍾🥂
  • IreneMurman
    vix happy anniversary