Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Good morning;
    Currently 35F with a high of 53F.
    Grocery shopping and laundry are on the agenda for today. Later today we will be burning all the twigs that have fallen off
    the trees with the last winds we got.
    I also have to get gas for my car and make a trip to the library and Petco.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,365 Member
    good morning
    Irene, so nice that you finished up your holiday shopping and wrapping!
    Jo, hope you are getting some time to relax. It's always wonderful spending time with family. I brought everyone some applesauce! It's one of my holiday things. ;) Steve made latkes, excellent for the first time. He's such a good guy. Will and Lilly lit the candles (with a little help from Mom).
    Maddie is getting bigger, about 7 lbs, 11 oz now. Yesterday was her due date, and she'll be 4 weeks old on Saturday. She's such a sweet baby. It was wonderful spending time with them.
    My housecleaner is here this morning, and I need to go to the library today. May make some soup later. That's about it for me.
    It's currently 49F,9C. Plentiful sunshine. High 54F, 12C. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. A bit warmer today and pleasant.
    Wishing all an easy Friday. Almost weekend! 🌞🕎🎄🥳🍷
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,306 Member
    Friday afternoon update.

Well, I actually got out for some minimal grocery shopping today, taking a slightly long lunch break. Nothing very heavy, and not a lot of groceries, just to Kroger. That counts as today's walking exercise for sure.

It wasn't as bad as I had feared (my first time driving since the surgery last week) but it was a bit awkward and tiring. I feel good about it anyway.

I bought my annual end of year holiday season box of chocolate covered cherries and rewarded myself with one after I got the groceries put away.

I think I have finished my gift shopping as well. My surgery will be my gift to myself this year. It cost more than I usually spend on myself. LOL.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,160 Member
    Hi all
    just got done making cholate chip cookies for George he loves them and I don't make them very often too much temptation .
    We are going up to Pa on Sunday and staying over night we will visit family we are both from the area so it will be nice to see everyone.
    take care
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    The temp. is currently 35F with a high of 49F.
    Ed-Glad you are up to doing a little more each day. My hubby loves chocolate covered cherries.
    Irene-Enjoy your visit with your family. It was so sweet of you to make George's favorite cookies, despite the temptation.
    Vix-how time flies. It doesn't seem like it has been that long since Maddie was born. I bet everyone loved your applesauce.
    Who doesn't love homemade gifts, made with love.
    Today I am going to the last of the Christmas markets of the season. I really don't need to buy anything. I just like to look
    and see all the homemade products and maybe get some ideas.
    Have a great day! :)
  • eku0
    good morning
    Ed, glad you're starting to get out and about. My sister loved chocolate covered cherries for the holidays.
    Irene, so sweet of you to make chocolate chip cookies for George. Glad you are getting up to see your family this weekend. That's always nice.
    Jo, have fun at the Christmas market. I love walking around and getting ideas too!
    It's currently 36F, 2C. Sunshine and a few clouds. High 56F, 13C. Winds light and variable.
    I have a bit of a cold, so I'm thinking I'll probably just hang around the house today. I made hot and sour soup yesterday, which should help.
    Wishing all a happy Weekend! 🌞🕯️🎄📫🍪🍷
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 8 (Celsius) cloudy degrees (feels like 7) with an expected cloudy high of 12 and 24% chance of precipitation.

I may get out to a different grocery today for more walking therapy. The only holiday goodies I have at all are the small box of chocolate covered cherries. There are some cookies at Aldi that are great for Christmas, and I could use more frozen, heat and eat, meals for a while yet.

Jason got home about 5:45 last night and we went to Culver's for dinner. That was nice.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    edited December 2023
    good morning
    Ed, nice that you went out to dinner.
    It's currently 44F,7C. Areas of patchy fog early. Rain. High 54F, 12C. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall near a quarter of an inch.
    I stayed in yesterday. Got some paperwork done, relaxed, and skipped the exercise. I feel a bit better today.
    Wishing all a relaxing Sunday. ☔📖🕯️🎄🍷
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 9 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 14 and 15% chance of precipitation.

I might get out today for a few things. Might not. We'll see.

• Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-I am glad you are feeling better.
    Hi Ed and Irene
    Yesterday afternoon my daughter came over and we made spritz cookies and Pizzelle's. This morning I made S'more cups,
    peanut butter balls and almond joys. Tomorrow I will make Lemon whippersnapper cookies and then package everything all up to
    give as gifts. I will save a little for us.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 5 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees (feels like 1) with an expected partly cloudy high of 11 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Not sure what the work day will bring.

Another day, another dollar!

• Joanne3366
    Good morning
    Currently 60F. It is raining hard and very windy. I have tree branches all over my yard.
    This morning I packaged up all my treats and I still have 2 more batches of lemon cookies to bake and package.
    Over the next 3 days I will be distributing them.
    Ed-I hope your work day is smooth and enjoyable.
    Hi Vix and Irene.
    Have a pleasant day! :)
  • eku0
    Oops, my post from this morning didn't post! I'll try again.
    Ed, good that you're getting out a bit.
    Irene, I hope you're enjoying your visit with family.
    Jo, your treats sound fabulous! Lucky, those who are getting them as gifts!
    It rained/poured all day yesterday into the night. It's still very cloudy out, but the sun is trying to peak though and we have a wind advisory. I can hear it whipping around outside.
    I stayed home yesterday, got some things done around the house and rested up.
    It's windy. Mostly cloudy skies will become partly cloudy this afternoon. High 48F,9C. Winds W at 20 to 30 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
    I'm still trying to knock out this cold, so haven't planned anything for today.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week ! 🌟🌬️🕯️🎄🍷
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have -3 (Celsius) clear degrees (feels like -6) with an expected mostly sunny high of 8 and 1% chance of precipitation.

Work-wise, continuing to look at the software (in a virtual machine emulator) for the device that went off for trade shows, and determining whether we need to change my work computer from Windows Business to Windows Pro. I'm sure we had requested Pro back when we ordered it, but our engineering team seems to set up machines for business and/or support work rather than development and testing and I think they may have to change our licenses. I and one of the programmers have the same issues with system performance and both of us were given the wrong versions.

I guess you could say they really gave us the Business...? LOL!

There really shouldn't be this much difference in performance though, so there may be something else causing the issues.

I expect we'll get some resolution before the new year.

• eku0
    edited December 2023
    good morning
    Ed, if the users have the business version, you may need to test on both if they're going to use it.
    We used to keep a variety of machines and versions in my old testing lab. Sounds like they're keeping you busy!
    Hi Irene.
    Jo, I guess you'll be out delivering today, nice.
    It's currently 34F, 1C. Sun and clouds mixed. High near 40F,4C. Winds NW at 15 to 25 mph. Higher wind gusts possible. Chillier than it's been.
    It's craft day. My cold isn't completely gone, but I think I'll put on a mask, and go to class a little later. I haven't been out since Thursday. (except a quick stop at the library Friday)
    Wishing all a fine Tuesday. 🌤️🧤🕯️🎄
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 47F and the rain has stopped. After work today I spent about an hour picking up branches and twigs from the yard.
    I still have more to pick up.
    My daughter is still without power and stopped by this morning to store some food in our refrigerator and freezer.
    Vix-I hope your cold is gone soon.
    Ed-good luck with your testing.
    Hi Irene-I hope you are having a nice visit with family.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have -3 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected partly sunny high of 11 and 1% chance of precipitation.

Just downloaded some updates to the programs and testing will continue.

I need to make a grocery run soon.

• eku0
    good morning
    Jo, sounds like a lot of branches and a lot of work! I hope your daughter's power has been restored. And thanks, my cold is mostly gone.
    Irene, enjoy your holiday time.
    It's currently 23F,-5C. Plentiful sunshine. High around 45F,7C. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    I put on a mask and went to my clay group yesterday. I have an acupuncture appt this morning and will stop by the library. We're picking Will up from preschool early afternoon, so we will have some fun play time.
    Wishing all a happy 🐫day. 🌞🧤🕯️🎄
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have -3 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 15 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Testing is going well for the moment. Year end is approaching quickly!

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,160 Member
    Good morning everyone