Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,160 Member
    Good morning,
    we had a great Christmas I also gained weight time to get back on the diet train .
    We are suppose to get rain for the next couple of days but its like 50 outside
    hope everyone has a great day
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,365 Member
    good morning
    Jo, back to work already. I need to stop by the library, maybe today. It was foggy here yesterday all day too, and foggy now.
    Hi Irene and Ed.
    We stopped by to see the grandchildren last evening. Always fun.
    It's currently 45F, 7C. Periods of rain. Potential for heavy rainfall. High 53F, 12C. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall around a half an inch.
    Will see what the day brings.
    Wishing all a happy ๐Ÿซday. โ˜”โ˜•๐Ÿฅฏ
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,306 Member
    edited December 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 9 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees (feels like 8) with an expected partly cloudy high of 15 and 2% chance of precipitation.

I'm off now for the rest of the year, though I will occasionally peek in. They know how to reach me at need.

Sounds like a decent day to take a walk, after two days of rain.

It's funny, Vix, that I even had that bottle of Apothic Red for Christmas. I was planning to select a bottle of something from my wine collection, as I really didn't need to buy a bottle for Christmas. But I was in Walgreen's and happened to notice that bottle on the shelf. As soon as I saw it, I picked it up as I knew it would be perfect for my holiday meal. I've had it before, as a gift from a friend, and really liked it. Of course it WAS perfect for my holiday meal and I may just start to keep a bottle of that in with the rest, for special occasions.

Still a little of Christmas dinner left to consume. I've been having some of it in every meal, though yesterday's breakfast and lunch only had some of the meat, fried up for breakfast and served with eggs and waffles, and for lunch made into a sandwich on some whole grain bread, with baby Swiss cheese, mayo, and spicy brown mustard, served with a handful of potato crisps.

Supper last night finished off the broccoli but only used part of the remaining side dishes. I'll have eaten it all by tomorrow, for sure. I have a tiny, two serving Green Giant steamable green bean "casserole" that I can pull from the freezer for the green vegetable for the remaining two full meals.

Today's tiramisu flavored Irish Cream should be great in coffee!

0qnumdx9ysj9.png

Well, time to feed the starving hordes.

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, nice that you have some time off. Your Irish creams look good too. Probably any of them would go well in coffee!
    Jo and Irene, I think everyone gains a few pounds over the holidays! Here we go again. Hope they come off as easily as they went on!
    It's currently 47F,8C. Areas of patchy fog early. Cloudy skies this morning will become partly cloudy this afternoon. High 56F, 13C. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    We spent some time with family yesterday. Always fun to see the little ones.
    Wishing all a pleasant day. ๐ŸŒค๏ธโ˜•๐Ÿฅฏ
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 3 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 11 and 2% chance of precipitation.

I guess a walk is in order. It was lovely seeing the sun yesterday after several days of gloomy skies, and I'll enjoy that again today. I may even get out to a store or two.

All the sliced ham has been eaten. It was a very small butt end, so I wasn't overwhelmed. The bone, with a bit of meat still on it, will go in with my new year black eyed peas.

My plan for this year is to make black eyed peas with ham and smoked jowl, mustard greens (in lieu of the more traditional collards) with some of the smoked jowl, and cornbread. Mustard greens just sounded nicer to me this year, though I did consider turnip greens with diced turnips. I usually get collard greens because that was the tradition I learned, but any greens will do really. I've sometimes done a mix of collards, mustard, and kale too.

It's unbelievable how quickly this past year moved.

On the fourth day of Christmas, my calendar gave to me THIS flavor of Irish Cream. I'll decide, after tasting it, whether to have it in my coffee or on the side.

4dv9oagar48p.png

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• IreneMurman
    well its Thursday night and today is the second day it has rained I guess we are lucky it isn't snow. Of course I would enjoy a little snow.
    hope everyone has a good night
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Good morning;
    The temp is currently 40F with a high of 45F, no sun for us today. :(
    I am off work until Jan 2. I have put all the inside holiday decorations away and deep cleaned the living room and dining room.
    Next I will tackle the kitchen. On Saturday my daughter and I are going to see Shen Yun. https://www.shenyun.com/NE
    Does anyone have New Year's Eve plans? We will probably get take out and be in bed by 9. :D
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • eku0
    good morning
    Ed, you have so many traditions! That's nice. Raspberry cheesecake doesn't really sound like it should go in coffee. Maybe on vanilla ice cream ;) or just alone as a desert. Sounds yummy.
    Irene, it's so warm this year, we've only had a little bit of snow once so far this year. I don't mind, but I worry for the earth.
    Jo, glad you're getting some time off. Although you seem to work hard when you stay home too! I've gotten ads in the mail for Shen Yun, but have never gone to see them. Don't really have anyone to go with, but it looks like it would be lovely. Have fun.
    No plans for New Year's Eve. We'll probably make something nice for dinner. And I have a bottle of proseco for a toast.
    We went to see baby Maddie yesterday. We brought over a Snoo that they are borrowing from friends. The baby is adorable and growing well. The new parents are tired, but fine. Enamored with their beautiful baby girl.
    We stopped for dinner on the way home. I had a spinach salad with roasted butternut squash and gorgonzola . It was delicious.
    It's currently 42F, 6C. Sunshine and a few clouds. High around 50F, 10C. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Our housecleaner is coming today, and I have to make a stop at the library. We may go out later, the sun is shining. :)
    Wishing all an easy Friday! โ˜•๐Ÿฅฏ๐ŸŒž
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 4 (Celsius) cloudy degrees (Feels like 1) with an expected cloudy high of 6 and 53% chance of precipitation.

Not sounding like a good day for a walk, but we'll see!

Breakfast was some sausage biscuit sandwiches.

Dinner/Supper tonight will likely be a Kroger thin crust pizza from the freezer.

Yesterday's Irish Cream would have been great on vanilla ice cream, but there was, and is no vanilla ice cream to have it on. There was something really strong in the flavoring that made me want it diluted, so I put it in my coffee anyway. It was OK in the coffee, but not the best match.

On the fifth day of Christmas, my calendar gave to me THIS flavor of Irish Cream. It should be splendid in coffee.

3fu3o0je7205.png

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 3 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 7 and 2% chance of precipitation.

I need to get out today or tomorrow for cat food, and may get a grocery item or two as well.

On the sixth day of Christmas, my calendar gave to me THIS flavor of Irish Cream. It should be fabulous in coffee.

thb0d1egxv5c.png

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, the sugar cookie and hazelnut (especially) should be great in coffee! I had Godiva hazelnut creme coffee this morning. It was delicious with a drizzle of vanilla creamer. I should probably buy some Irish cream. I would love a celebratory Irish coffee! Although I do have some Kahlua and could make a Mexican coffee. ;)
    Jo, I got another ad for Shen Yun yesterday afternoon. They play in Baltimore, DC, or I think it was Fairfax Va. Enjoy the show!
    Irene, hope you're feeling well.
    I made gluten free chocolate chip cookies with almond flour yesterday for Pete (and me!) They're the crispy kind that he likes. Yum.
    It's currently 38F,3C. Considerable cloudiness. High 46F, 8C. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph.
    We'll probably go out later. There are a few things I want to pick up at the natural foods store.
    Wishing all a happy Saturday. ๐ŸŒฅ๏ธโ˜•๐Ÿช๐Ÿท
  • IreneMurman
    Good afternoon,
    No big plans for today ,getting back to diet and exercise feels good
    we do have mass tonight last week we had mass both Saturday and Sunday because of Christmas.
    Vix I am feeling better thank you
    hi Ed and Jo
  • eku0
    good morning
    9kwsy4oshv8y.png
    Irene, so glad you're feeling better.
    Ed, I'm waiting to see the Irish Cream of the day!
    Jo, how was the performance?
    We went to the natural foods store yesterday. We picked up some coffee, gluten free pasta, walnuts, cashews, roasted buckwheat, and fresh popcorn. The cashews were supposed to be roasted, but didn't taste like it, so I roasted them (again?), better now.
    It's currently 35F,2C. Cloudy skies early, then partly cloudy this afternoon. High 46F,8C. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Will probably visit family today and have a toast at home tonight.
    Wishing all a happy Sunday, happy last day of 2023, and health, happiness, and success in the new year. May the new year bring peace, sanity, and a better future to the world. ๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿ•Š๏ธ
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have -2 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 13 and 3% chance of precipitation.

Nothing critical on the agenda. I will make my new year food today so that I can heat some up for the first meal of the new year, tomorrow.

On the seventh day of Christmas my calendar gave to me THIS flavor of Irish Cream.

I know this one will be good in my coffee this morning.

eq65ojwhkkh0.png

vd7injl3plca.png
  • IreneMurman
    hi everyone
    enjoy your last day of the year!
    I will be staying home
  • parityanimal
    The New Year's feast. I always make it on New Year's Eve so I can warm some up for my first meal of the new year, breakfast on New Year's Day.

Black eyed peas with ham and smoked jowl. Mustard greens this time, with smoked jowl, because they just sounded better to me than collards this year. Golden buttermilk cornbread.

Plated with cornbread on the bottom, black eyed peas on top, greens around the edge.

v3fxuos9ymnp.png

y2mdpb0ddjlx.png

us986054utsx.png

o7vju4kc7lft.png
  • eku0
    edited January 1
    good morning

1sjni7iq5c36.png

Ed, your New Year's dinner looks tasty, lots of greens. And of course, the original Irish Cream is good, hope you made yourself a nice Irish coffee.
    Irene, we stayed home too.
    Hi Jo!
    We visited our daughter and family for a couple of hours yesterday, always nice, lots of time with the little ones.
    We relaxed at home last night. I had a glass of ginger wine, and we watched the Barbie Movie. That was different!
    It's currently 35F, 2C. Cloudy early, then off and on rain showers for the afternoon. High 41F, 5C. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week, and a wonderful year ahead. ๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿ•Š๏ธ๐Ÿฅ‚
  • IreneMurman
    Happy New Year
  • parityanimal
    edited January 1
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

We have 6 (Celsius) fair (mostly sunny) degrees (feels like 3) with an expected sunny high of 9 and 1% chance of precipitation.

Nothing critical on the agenda today. I had some of the black eyed peas and greens for breakfast and some golden cornbread with butter and maple syrup.

As usual, I stayed home. I DID manage to stay up well into the new year, but with all the fireworks going off that wasn't too terribly difficult.

I stepped out and saw a few from the condos across the street. I must say it was a perfect night for it, being clear and cool, bun not so cold as to be a problem.

On the eighth day of Christmas my calendar gave to me THIS flavor of Irish Cream. I think perhaps some mocha coffee will pair nicely with it so I will have to find my dark chocolate.

122l3bu35qpu.png

456k8maeuzs9.png

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,112 Member
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    Ed-all your Irish coffee's look good.
    Vix-the dancers were amazing, but the story line was a little hard to follow. We had dinner at a Mexican restaurant before the show
    and they served cotton candy at the end of the meal.
    Irene-I am glad you are feeling better.
    We stayed home last night and we were asleep by 9pm.
    Tomorrow it is back to work.
    Have a good evening! :)