Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,306 Member
    edited January 3
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have -3 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 11 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Back to work today. Some new work "toys" arrived while Jason was gone and he left them on my desk this morning when he got in. I had left the unopened package on his office chair, so I guess he knew that this had arrived. I don't know that it's a hint I should try to use these test cards on the point of sale terminal today or just to make me aware of their presence.

I finished off the black eyed peas and greens for breakfast. And had a cookie that Jason had brought home from Kentucky. There was something odd about the flavor and my taste bud jury is still out on whether I liked it or not. To be fair, I did eat it AFTER the New Year food so that may have left some incompatible flavors in my mouth.

On the ninth day of Christmas, my calendar gave to me THIS flavor of Irish Cream.

Yes, that's White Chocolate. Should be great in my coffee shortly.

8zbo63r8ofpw.png

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,365 Member
    good morning
    Jo, I figured the dancers would be great. It looks pretty in the ads, lots of elaborate costumes. Mexican food is always fun, sounds authentic. Quiet NYE here too.
    Ed, glad Jason's back, safe and sound. Have fun with the new work pieces. Chocolate Irish Cream sounds yummy, dessert!
    Hi Irene.
    It's currently 32F, 0C. Partly cloudy skies. High 43F, 6C. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.
    Off to craft day today.
    Wishing all a fine Tuesday. ☕🥯
  • parityanimal
    edited January 3
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have -2 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected cloudy high of 8 and 33% chance of precipitation.

I am feeling the cold this morning. I may have to put on my fuzzy, warm robe to work in!

On the tenth day of Christmas, my calendar gave to me THIS flavor of Irish Cream. I don't think this one would be good in coffee so I'll be doing what Snoopy does with root beer, and quaffing it.

dfldxttvchy2.png

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, I agree, berry flavors in coffee aren't great, better as a dessert sip. I got a few nice soft, warm sweaters for the holiday which I've been wearing in this weather. Cozy.
    Hi Jo and Irene.
    I'm just back from my acupuncture appt. Will see what else the day brings.
    It's currently 40F, 4C. Sunny to partly cloudy. High around 45F, 7C. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a happy 🐫 day! 🌤️☕🕊️
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,160 Member
    Hi all,
    Well I got most of my Christmas put away still have yet to do.
    Vix enjoy your new sweaters.
    Stay warm Ed know it sure did cold
    Hi Jo
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Good afternoon;
    It is currently 41F. The weatherman is talking snow Sat.night into Sunday.
    Nothing else exciting going on around here.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 1 (Celsius) clear degree (feels like -3!) with an expected sunny high of 12 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Plenty of testing planned today, as well as meetings to discuss user interfaces, and data synchronization issues that I have seemingly been able to duplicate fairly easily though one of the programmers only hits it occasionally. I may have found one possible cause in my testing, but we'll work on that today.

On the eleventh day of Christmas my calendar gave to me THIS flavor of Irish Cream. I am sure this one will be nice in my coffee!

j5vt6552n44g.png

• eku0
    good morning
    Irene, getting your decorations put away, never as much fun as putting them up!
    Jo, we're looking at possible snow over the weekend too.
    Ed, looks like a busy workday ahead for you. Yum on the cappuccino Irish Cream!
    Planning to pick up our grandson this afternoon. It's nice he likes spending time with us.
    May go to Frederick this morning, will see how the time goes.
    It's currently 35F, 2C. Mostly cloudy skies this morning will become partly cloudy this afternoon. A few flurries or snow showers possible. High 42F,6C. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph.
    Wishing all a happy Thursday. 🌥️☕🥯🕊️
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Currently 20F with a high of 34F.
    Ed-good luck with your testing.
    Vix-How nice that Will likes to spend time with you. I think children have a special bond with their grandparents.
    Hi Irene-Hoped you finished putting your decorations away. It usually takes me a couple of days, because it is not as
    much fun taking them down as it is putting them up.
    I got my hair colored yesterday and only a bang trim. I want to grow my hair a little longer.
    My son texted me yesterday and they are thinking of coming for a visit in late June early July. It has been a while since
    they have been over here.
    Today is grocery shopping and figuring out our a new insurance for this year. I am already having trouble with registering
    on their website. I may have to call them to straighten things out.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    edited January 5
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

Happy Twelfth Night!

We have -1 (Celsius) clear degrees (feels like -3) with an expected partly cloudy high of 10 and 3% chance of precipitation.

Lots to do at work and a co-worker's wife is probably having a baby, if she didn't already give birth last night.

On the twelfth day of Christmas my calendar gave to me THIS flavor of Irish Cream. I think it will be nice in coffee.

xxux1ez8t5yf.png

• IreneMurman
    Good morning,
    it sure is cold outside .
    still putting Christmas stuff away.
    stay warm everyone
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 3 (Celsius) cloudy degrees (feels like 1) with an expected cloudy high of 12 and 78% chance of precipitation.

I may put off grocery shopping until tomorrow. We'll see.

The twelve days of Christmas are over, so it's back to normal cream for my coffee. That was a fun calendar.

I had a followup with the nurse practitioner at the doctor's office and it looks like my surgical site is healing up well. There is still a lot of internal healing to do yet, but I'll have more follow up in a couple of months, barring any unexpected issues in the interval.

• IreneMurman
    Good morning,
    Ed that is great that you are healing.
    Our weather is cold we are suppose to get a storm tonight but it just looks like rain.
    Hi Vix and Jo
  • eku0
    good morning
    oops, looks like my post from yesterday isn't here? So, I'll try again.
    Jo, how nice to get your hair done. (I'm letting my color grow out 🙃, it'll look strange for a while!)
    That's wonderful news about your son planning a trip to visit!!! I hope they can do that! It would be great!
    Ed, the salted caramel sounded yummy too! It would be fun to continue daily treats every day, but alas, reality. I'm glad you're healing up well. Yay!
    Irene, hope you finished up putting the Christmas stuff away. It' s kind of cold here too. Currently fluffy snow falling, just a light layer on the streets and deck.
    Will is really fun, we play games and usually draw a lot of pictures, and sometimes find a kid's movie on TV or read books. Thursday, we watched The Secret Life of Pets 2, after playing. We didn't get to go to Frederick, so we went yesterday.
    It's currently 31F, -0.5C. Snow this morning will mix with and change to rain this afternoon. Temps nearly steady in the low to mid 30sF, 0-2C. Winds ENE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precip 100%. Snowfall around one inch.
    Wishing all a happy weekend. Stay warm! ☕🌨️❄️☃️🍷
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 35F with snow on the way later tonight.
    I went out today and got gas for my car and made a trip to the library, so I am all set for the snow. No need to go out
    tomorrow.
    Ed-good news that you are healing nicely.
    Vix-I am sure it is a lot of fun with your grandchildren. They will keep you on your toes.
    Irene-How is Sammy doing?
    Have a great weekend! :)
  • IreneMurman
    Good morning,
    No snow here was really hoping for some .We did get a lot of rain.
    Thanks Jo Sammie is doing good.
    Jo I hope your son can come and visit that would be great.
    Still putting Christmas away hope I can finish up today
    Hi Vix and ED
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 5 (Celsius) cloudy degrees (feels like 1) with an expected partly cloudy high of 7 and 3% chance of precipitation.

I did get out to the grocery yesterday, but may browse some more today at a grocery.

Nothing critical on the agenda.

• eku0
    Hi,
    Jo, I stopped at the library and filled my gas tank on Friday ahead of the snow. Haha, great minds.
    Irene, we got a little snow in the a.m., all turned to rain in the afternoon. Glad Sammie is doing well.
    Ed, Pete just went out to the grocery. He does most of our shopping.
    We stopped by my daughter's house this morning and played with the little ones for a while.
    Just getting back to my laptop and will play some of my games before exercising.
    It's currently 40F, 4C. A mix of clouds and sun. High 43F, 6C. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
    Wishing all a relaxing Sunday. ⛅☕🍷🧤
  • Joanne3366
    Good evening;
    It is still snowing here. We had snow off and on all day. Hubby snow blowed the driveway once, but will have to do it again.
    The snow is very light, so not much accumulation.
    Have a relaxing evening! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have -1 (Celsius) clear degrees (feels like -3) with an expected partly cloudy high of 10 and 2% chance of precipitation.

My co-worker's baby arrived just fine. We haven't heard a lot of details as yet, other than that it's a boy. Their first son is about two years old now, so he'll have a playmate!

Not sure what testing will be prioritized today. Things got shuffled around last minute to accomodate a sudden three week paternity leave and some of his projected work may be pushed back, but some needs to be shifted to another programmer for the duration.