Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,365 Member
    good morning
    It snowed all day here too, Irene! Wow, like a real winter! Pete took the snow blower out again.
    Hi Jo and Ed.
    It's currently 17F,-8C, a bit of wind, some sunshine (yay!). A mix of clouds and sun. High 23F, -5C. Winds WNW at 15 to 25 mph. Higher wind gusts possible.
    Wishing all a happy weekend! Stay safe and warm. ☕🌞⛄🧤
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Good morning
    We only got a dusting of snow. Temp is currently12F with a high of 26. It is supposed to be sunny but cold with the wind chill.
    I have no plans today.
    Have a great day and stay warm and safe. :)
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,306 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have -8 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 4 and 0% chance of precipitation.

I got most of the groceries yesterday. I may get out today for the rest, but there is nothng critical left on the list.

The fireplace is going again this morning.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,160 Member
    Good morning,
    We have 15 here it is a little windy we did go a little today I will have to get the rest of my steps on the treadmill
    have a great day everyone
  • eku0
    Hi,
    Jo, a dusting of snow is nice, no shoveling! :)
    Ed, it doesn't usually get that cold where you are, does it? Good that you don't have to go out if you don't want to.
    Irene, if it's slippery/windy, better to walk on the treadmill. I do enjoy being out for a few minutes though.
    We visited with Will and Lilly this a.m. It's chilly but sunny here. The wind blew the snow around yesterday, so there's a bit on the sidewalks and driveways, but it's supposed to warm up tomorrow and through the week, so it'll melt off.
    It's currently 27F, -3C. Sunny. High 31F, -1C. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph.
    Wishing all a relaxing Sunday. ☕🌞⛄🧤🍷
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have -4 (Celsius) clear degrees (feels like -7) with an expected partly cloudy high of 9 and 1% chance of precipitation.

It was a cold weekend. I got out both days and walked in grocery stores so at least got that exercise. LOL.

This morning, the fireplace is going. I may turn it off for the afternoon, but suspect Jason will want it left on into the evening, until bedtime.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    edited January 22
    good morning
    It's currently 17F,-8C, perfectly clear blue skies and sunshine. I stepped outside for a minute, it was refreshing! Forecast for sunny to partly cloudy. High 37F,3C. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Looks like highs in the 40s and 50s for the next 10 days, so it's warming up.
    I have to catch up on some things around the house today, but I think I would like to get out for a while and enjoy the sunshine.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week. 🌞🌟☕🧤
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Currently 29F and sunny. Tues. and Wed. looks like snow, sleet and rain are coming our way. Yuck!
    Today I went for by BP check up. The Dr. switched my medication to one with a diuretic in it. She said this would help
    flush out the calcium, and help to prevent more stones forming.
    I have a follow up in 4 weeks to evaluate how I tolerating the meds and get blood work done.
    I am almost to the bottom of my paper shredding pile. I have filled up 8 med. size trash bags. I think going forward I
    will do an annual shredding and not wait 10 years.
    Have a great week! :)

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 6 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 8 and 91% chance of precipitation. Rain may end around noon, assuming we actually get any. There is "rain in the vicinity" now, according to the weather page.

We got a new payment terminal delivered yesterday, for the small checkout kiosk on the other desk in my office. I think part of today will be at least initial setup and testing on that, and then I can use this kiosk to test full order checkout.

My joints believe there is rain coming.

• eku0
    edited January 23
    good morning
    Jo, I hope your new meds work for you. It's good that they're following up. It's warming up here, so ours looks like rain Wed. and Thurs. We usually do the paper shredding every couple of years. Our shredder is small and heats up too, so it's slow going.
    Hi Irene.
    Ed, payment terminal sounds interesting. Have fun with that.
    I cut a couple of my fingers last night while cutting frozen ginger. I was using a new knife and wasn't used to it and it slipped. I'm going to put NewSkin on it for craft day, but one of them needed a new bandage after I accidentally bumped it this morning, so I'll have to wait on that. Hard to type with a bandage on my finger!
    Anyhow, it's currently 29F, -2C. Cloudy. High 46F, 8C. Winds light and variable. Warming up, more ice and snow will melt.
    Wishing all a fun Tuesday. ☕☁️⛄🥾🧤
  • IreneMurman
    Good morning,
    well it is 30 degrees still chilly but is suppose to get up to 40 today that will be nice.
    I have a hair appt this afternoon .
    Vix hope your finger is ok.
    Hi Ed and Jo
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 9 (Celsius) foggy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 14 and 86% chance of precipitation.

Not sure what will be hot on the work burner today.

• eku0
    good morning
    Thanks, Irene. I wrapped a bandage on it yesterday, and switched to a bandaid during the day, but it was fine to put the NewSkin on today. So much easier to do things with free fingers! Enjoy your hair appointment!
    Ed, I hope work brings you something interesting today.
    Hi Jo!
    Saw the little ones again last evening. They really are a joy.💗
    Warming up here! Snow and ice are melting. It's currently 36F, 2C.Considerable cloudiness. Occasional rain showers this afternoon. High near 50F, 10C. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
    Wishing all a happy 🐫day!
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 37F. We had snow overnight. Today it has been raining lightly, so all the roads are clear.
    We have a homeless man that hangs around work. He kept all his possessions in a shopping cart. Someone stole his cart
    last week and now all he has are the clothes on his back. I gave him one of my husbands winter jackets, a pair of gloves
    and some heavy socks. He was so happy to get them.
    Have a good evening. :)

• IreneMurman
    hi everyone.
    great day today our weather here was in the 40s
    Jo that was a great thing to do i am sure he was happy to get the stuff
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 16 (Celsius) rainy degrees with an expected rainy high of 21 and 99% chance of precipitation.

My joints are feeling it too.

Most of the programmers are out today for one thing or another. They'll be back Monday, including the one with the new baby. I'm sure there will be plenty of leftover stuff to test though.

• IreneMurman
    Good Thursday morning,
    Well the weather is 55 but raining so no walk outside I will be spending more time on the treadmill .have a great day stay dry
    Ed hope your day improves it is hard to work when your body hurts,
    Hi Jo and Vix
  • eku0
    good morning
    Jo, that was so kind and thoughtful of you to help the homeless man. I'm sure he truly appreciated it. Warms my heart.
    Irene, warm here today, lots of fog yesterday from the warm air moving in. Enjoy your treadmill time.
    Ed, I hear you about the joints! Have you tried a heating pad? Good that you can keep busy.
    It's currently 53F, 12C. Rain showers early will evolve into a more steady rain for the afternoon. Areas of dense fog. High around 55F,13C. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 90%. Not like winter at all.
    Nothing on the agenda for today, but I'm trying to keep a running list of things I need to do, so I can get some things done! Yesterday I foiled some of my stained glass pieces so they're ready for soldering.
    Wishing all a pleasant Thursday. ☕🌫️☁️☔ bye-bye ⛄
  • Joanne3366
    Good evening;
    Currently 44F. We had slight drizzle most of the day and the snow is gone.
    My sinuses have been bothering me, so I didn't do much of anything today.
    Vix-what are you making in stained glass?
    Hi Irene and Ed.
    Enjoy your evening. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Good morning,
    well it is raining here so we won't be walking Sammie won't walk in the rain.
    Today George and I both have a dental checkup should be fast.
    take care ED Vix and Jo
    Jo hope your sinuses are better today