Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,365 Member
    good morning
    Jo, glad the snow is light, must be pretty.
    Hi Irene.
    Ed, always nice to hear good news. I've only had part time jobs with small companies when I was very young. It probably feels more like family, and effects are greater when 1 person is away. I'm sure you'll handle whatever testing comes your way.
    It's currently 36F, 2C. Partly cloudy. High 44F,7C. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    I made some hot and sour soup yesterday. It's always good. Have plenty of leftovers for the next few days.
    I have an appt with my rheumatologist later this morning. That'll take a chunk out of my day.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week. ⛅☕🦴👩‍🔬🧤🌟
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,160 Member
    Good morning
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,306 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 7 (Celsius) rainy degrees (feels like 3) with an expected cloudy high of 14 and 100% chance of precipitation.

Hopefully the rain will ease off after lunch.

I felt like a volleyball yesterday, bouncing from project to project to try to close a few test tickets. Some were low hanging fruit, others required a bit more effort, and even sat with Jason for a bit while we fixed some code and pushed that up to our repository. Not something normally done by me or on my machine, but it was easier than getting that project set up and up to date on his, as it wasn't something he'd been working on and hadn't kept it current. It all worked out and the project looks ready to install for the client, so that may happen this week.

Maybe today I can get back to some regression testing on a project that isn't as critical. We'll see, but I suspect I'll be shuffled to something else deemed critical. It's not boring!

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    good morning
    Hi Irene and Jo.
    Ed, they're keeping you busy! It feels good to accomplish things. Congrats on getting that project ready to install.
    Craft day for me today. I'll be leaving in a little while.
    It's currently 37F, 3C. Rain (all day long!) and wind. Potential for flooding rains. High 54F, 12C. Winds SE at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 100%. 1 to 2 inches of rain expected.
    Wishing all a good day. 🌧️☔☕👩‍🎨
  • IreneMurman
    Good morning.
    hope everyone survived the storm
  • eku0
    good morning
    Irene, we just had a lot of rain and some wind. It's still windy this morning, but the sun is shining.
    Hi Ed and Jo.
    It's currently 42F,6C. A mix of clouds and sun with gusty winds. High 46F,8C.. Winds WSW at 20 to 30 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
    I'm off to a massage in a few minutes.
    Wishing all a happy 🐫 day! 🌞☕
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

I woke up sick in the wee hours so am taking the day off work. I'm trying to rehydrate now from the overnight, and see if I can get my blood glucose down a bit. It's not unusual for it to be high if I'm sick. It's not high enough to be a major health concern, but higher than I want it to be. I had as light a breakfast as I could manage. Just enough food to go with my morning meds.

I guess no sugar in this morning's coffee, which is brewing now. I never have sugar in my tea, which is the first thing I drink. I have also already had a full glass of eloctrolyte replacement fluid.

Cats are fed, and I'll likely be back in the bed shortly after my coffee.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Ed-I hope you feel better soon.
    Currently 46F. We had heavy rain overnight, so all the snow has been washed away.
    Hi Irene and Vix.
    Work today and then went to the library.
    We have a new store manager. Our current manager is retiring. Being part time and having no major responsibility, it will
    not effect me at all.
    Have a good evening! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

I am feeling better, though the weather and the dry heat aren't being kind to me.

We have -2 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected sunny high of 15 and 4% chance of precipitation.

There are a few important things to check today.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, glad you're feeling better today than yesterday. Our house humidifier had stopped working, but Pete managed to fix it, so we're not having so much dry heat in the house.
    Jo, good that the rain cleared away the snow. Glad the new store manager will not affect you. Read anything interesting lately?
    Hi Irene. I thought you were getting some medical procedure in January? If so, I hope it goes/went well.
    It's currently 38F, 3C. Abundant sunshine. High 49F,9C. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph.
    We're planning to see Josh, Alyssa and baby Maddie this afternoon. That'll be fun. 🥰
    Wishing all a pleasant Thursday. 🌞☕📖
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Ed-I am glad you are feeling better.
    Vix-I just finished reading Tall Tail by Rita Mae Brown. It is a cozy mystery.
    Hi Irene.
    Currently 43F.
    I picked up sticks in the yard again. Pretty soon there will be no branches on my trees. :#
    After work I ran a few errands and am now home relaxing.
    Enjoy your evening! :)
  • parityanimal
    edited January 12
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 4 (Celsius) cloudy degrees (feels like 2) with an expected cloudy high of 13 and 100% chance of rain that may include thunderstorms.

One of out products will be featured at a big retail conference this weekend. We may be pushing a few final tweaks at it today. Should be interesting.

• IreneMurman
    Happy Friday everyone
  • eku0
    edited January 12
    Hi,
    Hi Irene.
    Jo, it's been really windy. We're lucky, most of our trees are young enough that they're still really bendy. Don't know if I've read any Rita Mae Brown, but cozy mysteries sound familiar. I'm currently reading a pretty crazy book, definitely about someone on the spectrum. It must be truly awful to have so many sensations coming at you all at once and not being able to connect the meaning, scary, just trying to cope with daily life. (Cassandra in Reverse by Holly Smale).
    Ed, congrats to your company for getting a product featured. When I was working, I'd sometimes go to trade shows in DC or Baltimore. It was interesting to see new products, hardware and software.
    It's currently 45F,7C, a little sunshine. Periods of rain expected. High 47F,8C. Winds ESE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 90%.
    I had my annual skin check at the dermatologist this a.m. All is fine. She froze a small skin tag on my neck that has been annoying me lately.
    Will see what else the day brings.
    Wishing all an easy Friday. ⛅☕👩‍🔬🍷

• eku0
    good morning
    Lots of rain and wind this morning. It's currently 45F, 7C. Windy with clearing skies after some morning rain. High around 45F, 7C. Winds W at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph. Looks like it'll become really cold the next 8-10 days.
    No plans, just taking it easy, going with the flow.
    Wishing all an enjoyable weekend. ☕☔🕊️📖
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 1 (Celsius) partly cloudy degree (feels like -6) with an expected partly cloudy high of 7 and 1% chance of precipitation.

The cats let me sleep in a little late this morning but they do want their breakfast reasonably on time so got me up in plenty of time for that!

I should get out for some grocery shopping today or tomorrow. We may try to see if we can get tickets to Echo but that may be difficult.

• Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    We had heavy rains yesterday morning, but the sun came out in the late afternoon.
    I made a trip to the library and the dollar store and spent most of the day reading.
    I am still struggling to lose the holiday weight.
    Nothing planned for today.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have -3 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 11 and 1% chance of precipitation.

It's cold out there! I did get out for most of the groceries yesterday, but may get out again today for some more. I missed a few items, but nothing critical.

Yesterday's setup at NRF went very smoothly. Hopefully the trade show goes well!

• eku0
    good morning
    Jo, I'm having trouble with the holiday weight too. :(
    Ed, good that you got most of your shopping done.
    Hi Irene.
    It's currently 34F,1C and sort of sunny. Forecast for windy...cloudy with rain and snow showers. Morning high of 38F with temps falling to near 30, -1C.. Winds W at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of precip 60%. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph. Going to be cold for the next week or so.
    Need to do some laundry today and some other things around the house.
    Wishing all a relaxing Sunday. ☕📖🕊️🍷
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    We had a dusting of snow yesterday afternoon. The streets are clear, but the lawns are covered.
    Temp is currently 21F with a high of 32F.
    My project for today is to shred some old papers. I can only do a little at a time because our shredder overheats.
    It will probably take me most of the week.
    Wishing everyone a great week. :)