Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,365 Member
    good morning
    Ed, glad your testing is going well.
    Hi Irene and Jo.
    Had fun with Will yesterday. Read, drew pictures and he's writing letters and numbers, and played what am I. He's full of energy!
    Will see what today brings.
    It's currently about 34F, 1C. A mix of clouds and sun (mostly cloudy!). High around 45F,7C. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a fine Thursday. 🌤️🕯️🎄🍷
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Good morning;
    All done work until Tuesday.
    Currently 34F and sunny.
    We went and saw Andrea Bocelli last night. The show was spectacular! His daughter came out and sang with him.
    I didn't get home until midnight and had to be in work at 5am. I think a nap is in order for this afternoon.
    Ed-glad testing is going well.
    Hi Vix and Irene.
    One of my co-workers made me an apple pie and another one made cookies. I am all set for desserts for the holidays. :)
    Have a good day! :)
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,306 Member
    edited December 2023
    Thursday evening update.

We may have found the problem with the two machines that were running very slowly, with sluggish response. It seems that our hardware person purchased refurbished machines, and they both had one 32G memory card, using only one slot (and thus only one memory channel) and we replaced the 32G cards so each machine now has two 16G cards, one in each memory slot, doubling the number of available memory channels so it's not all throttled through the one channel any more.

My system SEEMS more responsive since we did the machine's "surgery" after lunch, but a couple of days of use will give us a better idea of how effective this has really been.

I have one more day this week, and am working one day next week, the day after Christmas, following which I will have a short end of year vacation.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 2 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected cloudy high of 15 and 1% chance of precipitation.

Today I will really be loading up the revamped computer with testing.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Currently 22F with a high of 34F.
    I plan to get out to the grocery store early and hopefully avoid most of the crowd. I only need a few things to get us through
    next week.
    Ed-I hope your memory card fix works. I am not very knowledgeable about computers, so I don't understand most of the things that you are doing, but will cheer you on none the less. :) Enjoy your time off from work.
    Hi Vix and Irene.
    Have a great day! :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,160 Member
    good morning,
    going grocery shopping
  • eku0
    good morning
    Jo, that's wonderful that you got to see Andrea Bocelli and his daughter! Worth the late night! Hope you got your nap in, and enjoy your desserts!
    Ed, hope your memory card fix works. Yay for time off!
    Irene, hope the grocery store's not crowded.
    It's currently 34F,1C. Mostly sunny. High 44F, 7C. Winds light and variable.
    I made an appt with the nurse practitioner at my PCP this morning.
    Wishing all an easy Friday. 🌟🕯️🎄🍪🍷
  • eku0
    good morning
    Well, the nurse practitioner checked me for Covid and flu, both were negative, lungs were clear, so it's just a cold. I'm taking some Imodium, and a pill for the cough, and hopefully this will go away soon.
    Will see what the day brings.
    It's currently about 36F,2C. Cloudy. High 47F, 8C. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a wonderful weekend! 🌟🍪🕯️🎄🍷
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'll. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 9 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 18 and 2% chance of precipitation.

I'm glad it's just a cold, Vix!

Jason is back in Kentucky and will be returning on January 1st, if not sooner. There was some family drama over Thanksgiving and if any of that tries to repeat he may escape earlier and come home. Hopefully everyone has gotten over whatever peevishness they were feeling during that period.

I have my Christmas half ham ready in the refrigerator with a small bag of beef cocktail sausages. Despite not having a bird, I do have a pan of cornbread dressing in the freezer that I think will go nicely with dinner. I can make some scalloped potatoes, and warm up some frozen rolls, steam some green beans, and dessert will be the remaining pecan tarts from Thanksgiving, also waiting in the freezer.

Should be an easy peasy Christmas dinner.

Surgery-wise, some of my stitches are beginning to fall out (YAY!) and I'm hoping all the rest fall out on their own too, but if not the nurse practitioner will take any remaining ones out at my followup on January 4.

Most of the bruising has gone, just a tiny bit left, and the itching from hair growing back will get better over time. I'm getting around fairly well, but stairs are still a bit of a challenge. Fortunately we live in a one level house and no stairs are required even for coming or going.

I need to get out for a few groceries today, and some cat food. Then I can relax at home.

I'm still mostly not having any alcohol, though Jason and I did go through one six pack of hard cider this week, one bottle each, three nights in a row. Not a lot of alcohol in that. I do plan to have a glass of wine (maybe) with Christmas dinner, and on Christmas day will begin my 12 days of Christmas Irish Creme calendar. Depending on what flavor is in the box for Christmas day, that first bottle may go into some breakfast coffee!

• eku0
    good morning
    Jo and Irene, hope you're all ready for Christmas tomorrow!
    Thanks, Ed, I'm glad it's not something awful. I'm just dealing with symptoms. Glad you're all set for your Christmas dinner. Happy you are recovering nicely, feeling better, and able to get around a bit.
    It's currently 39F,4C. Generally cloudy. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 51F,11C. Winds light and variable.
    I made some butternut squash soup last night, and we had steak (grass fed/natural) for dinner. We have beef so infrequently, it felt like a celebration!
    Wishing all a happy Sunday, and
    clgkxbmcdccj.png
    🌟🕯️🍪🎄🎅🥂
  • IreneMurman
    Good morning,
    Happy Christmas eve day.
    Grocery shopping wasn't bad not too many people were out. I am already for Christmas, we are going to
    mass tonight at 5:30.
    Tomorrow we are having one of my girlfriend over for dinner her husband just passed in November .
    Vix hope you are feeling better.
    Hi ED and Jo
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 8 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected mostly cloudy high of 18 and 12% chance of precipitation.

Irene, I was surprised yesterday at how few shoppers were in the stores as well. There were no crowds or long lines waiting to check out, even at Aldi where it's usually packed whenever I go! I didn't want to wait until today, as Christmas Eve is usually a madhouse at the grocery stores, and I'm really glad I went yesterday.

I'm debating whether to have the big dinner tonight and just reheat things tomorrow, or wait and have it tomorrow. When I was growing up we had a big dinner/supper at my maternal Grandmother's and came home to find that Santa had magically come while we were at Grandma's house! It always did seem to take Mom and Dad a bit of a long time to get ready to head over to her house while all of us kids were waiting in the car.

But then, on Christmas day, Mom and Dad weren't awakened at the crack of dawn because we had already opened all our gifts!

We still had a big Christmas meal on Christmas though, at my paternal Grandmother's house, where it was kind of a "drop in whenever" affair lasting all afternoon and into the evening. This Grandma had 12 children and dozens of grandchildren so it was rare for all the extended family to be there at one time.

If you didn't eat at least two plates, she'd bemoan the idea that she must not have done it right this time, so it was easy to walk away stuffed.

No shopping today for me, as there is nothing that can't wait until after Christmas.

And as the prediction calls for 100% chance of rain tomorrow, I'm dreaming of a wet Christmas!

Today I have some beef cocktail smokies heating up in a small slow cooker, with mustard and grape jam to make the sauce. I think lunch/evening snacking may occur! I have some cheese and crackers to go with it to make a more satisfying meal.

So I'll probably wait on the big Christmas meal until tomorrow.

• Joanne3366
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    Vix-good news that you do not have covid. I hope you are feeling better soon.
    Irene-I am sure your friend will appreciate not being alone on Christmas.
    Ed-Your dinner sounds good. We are having lasagna, all made from scratch. Hubby made the sauce, my daughter is making the pasta and my daughter and I made mozzarella and ricotta cheese on Saturday. This was our first attempt at making cheese, so I have back up store bought just in case.
    The temp. is suppose to get up into the 50's, so we will probably get out and go for a walk.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

Merry Christmas!

We have 13 (Celsius) degrees (feels like 12) with light rain. The expected overcast high is 16, with 93% chance of rain.

I had some sausage biscuit sandwiches for breakfast. I'll get Christmas dinner started after coffee, a bit later.

Day one of the 12 days of Christmas calendar is this!

tmzn5idl8dey.png

I may taste a sip shortly and put the rest in my after breakfast coffee.

• eku0
    good morning

8ry244gqo1sm.png

Thanks all for the well wishes. I'm feeling mostly better. :)
    Irene, that's wonderful to include your friend.
    Ed, your holidays past sound great. Nice to have lots of family!
    Jo, you and your daughter are amazing! Pasta from scratch! Cheese from scratch! I consider putting all the store bought ingredients together making the lasagna home made!!! Sounds delicious. Enjoy!
    It's currently 41F, 5C. Areas of patchy fog early. Cloudy skies early, followed by partial clearing. High 54F, 12C. Winds light and variable. No white Christmas here.
    Wishing all a wonderful day! Enjoy your festivities!!! 🌟🎅🤶🍪🕯️🎄🍾🥂🎁
  • IreneMurman
    Merry Christmas
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2023
    The Christmas feast.

Technically all I did was warm stuff up, but aside from baking the ham I heated up cornbread dressing, scalloped potatoes, broccoli Cheddar gratin, one Cheesecake Factory brown bread roll (with butter), two bite size pecan tarts, and a small glass of Apothic Red, 2021.

gi3qgaipm91z.png

9odgjf30wrck.png

noqjyxm4xjg5.png
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

Happy Boxing Day!

We have 16 cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 16 and 59% chance of rain. I heard a few drops earlier and think it may have drizzled most of the night.

Boxing Day breakfast was my traditional fried ham and eggs. My carb of choice was from the freezer, warmed up. Kodiak whole grain protein power waffles with a drizzle of real maple syrup.

Today is my last workday of the year! Woohoo!

Not sure about this flavor, for the second day of Christmas. I mean I think I'll like it. Maybe it will go into my coffee in a few minutes.

mw3c5y9urovt.png

• eku0
    good morning
    I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!
    Hi Jo and Irene.
    Ed, Apothic Red is nice. Vanilla Cinnamon definitely sounds like it would be delicious in coffee.
    This morning we are drinking Godiva Chocolate Truffle coffee. ;)
    It's currently 43F, 6C. A steady rain this morning. Showers continuing this afternoon. Areas of dense fog. High 48F, 9C. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 100%.
    Wishing all a relaxing Tuesday. ☔☕🥯
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    I hope everyone enjoyed the holidays.
    We had fog most of the day yesterday. I do not like driving in fog.
    Today will be cloudy with a 75% chance of rain and the temp will get up to 50F.
    I went to work yesterday and then to the library. I also started to take down my Christmas decorations.
    I gained a few lbs. over the holidays and now I have to get back on track and lose those extra lbs. and a few more
    before my next Dr. appt.
    Have a great day! :)