Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,306 Member
    edited December 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying soggy Saturday!

We have 12 (Celsius) rainy degrees with an expected high of 19 and 100% chance of rain, though rain may taper off early this afternoon.

No shopping for me this weekend, unless Jason wants to accompany me to a grocery. I don't have the stamina for much walking anyway. Even feeding the cats wears me out. Gravity is not me friend.

The chilly rain this morning isn't helping me. Everything aches that much more and the surgical area right along with it. Icing it now that I've had my late breakfast, fed the cats, and cleaned their bowls from yesterday.

Jason was up very late working, but I did get him to take a break for the pizza I had delivered last night.

I went to bed fairly early myself.

Sipping hot tea and basking in the soothing ice pack for the moment. Coffee in a while.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,365 Member
    good morning
    Thanks, Irene. How are you feeling?
    Ed, hope you're getting better every day.
    Jo, something special planned for the weekend?
    It was wonderful spending time with family yesterday. Not getting much sleep as new parents, but they are doing so well, and getting into their new routine. Alyssa is recovering well from her surgery. Luckily, Josh is able to be home to help with everything. The baby is so sweet and loved.💗
    We will be babysitting for Will and Lilly this afternoon. We will get to celebrate the holiday with them, and spend some fun quality time. 🥰
    It's currently 39F, 4C. Cloudy skies this morning will become partly cloudy this afternoon. Expecting mist and reduced visibilities at times. High 54F, 12C. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a fun Saturday and weekend! ☁️🍷🕎🎄
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Good evening;
    Vix-We went to a German Christmas market in Amherst, N.H. It was 1.5 hours away. There were so many people there that it made seeing things a little difficult. There were food trucks there and my daughter and I split up and waited in 2 different lines, for coffee and pizza. We were in line for 1/2 hour. The only thing we bought were cookies. When we got home we had tea and cookies.
    Ed -I hope you are feeling better each day.
    Hi Irene.
    Wishing you all a pleasant evening. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,160 Member
    hi all,
    our weather here was great today 61 I will take it. The last couple of days I have been feeling thanks for asking
    take care every one
  • eku0
    good morning
    Irene, glad you are feeling a little better.
    Jo, too bad the Christmas market was so crowded, but it's good to get out. There are all sorts of special German cookies for the holidays, they must have been good. :)
    Ed, I hope you are feeling better, but still taking it easy.
    It just started raining here, really coming down.
    We had a fun afternoon with Will and Lilly yesterday, read, played, had dinner together, lit the candles, opened some presents.
    It's currently 54F,12C. Periods of rain. High 56F, 13C. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 100%. (Duh!) Rainfall possibly over one inch. Locally heavy rainfall possible.
    Wishing all a pleasant Sunday. 🕎🎄☔
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous soggy Sunday!

We have 14 (Celsius) rainy degrees and that's as warm as it is going to get today. The forecast calls for more rain (78% chance overall) and cloudy skies.

We went out to a movie and dinner last night, to carefully test my limits. Jason drove, of course. The theatre wasn't terribly far, and then about that much farther to dinner at our favorite Vietnamese restaurant.

How I felt was, of course, the deciding factor on whether we WOULD go on to dinner after the movie, or just pick up something on the way home.

It was very tiring, but as I didn't have to walk terribly far at either location, and was sitting (actually reclining in the theatre) most of the time, I managed.

The cats let me sleep in until about 9:10, at which time Dinah made it quite clear that their breakfast time was in 20 minutes and I had best be up and about so they got fed on time.

They got fed and I pulled out a frozen breakfast entree for myself. Now I am ice packing the bruised, achy area, as I've been doing several times a day since I got home from the hospital on Tuesday.

When I feel up to shopping, I'll need eggs. I may send Jason out for that today, especially if he gets out anyway, but he's likely to come back with eggs, Oreos, several kinds of chips, and heaven knows what all.

We aren't sure whether he'll be here for Christmas or back up in Kentucky. If his family can't get past the bronchitis they seem to currently be sharing, my vote is for Jason to stay here. If he does stay, I may need a bit more stuff for Christmas dinner, but I think I may have enough regardless. I know I have a half ham in the deep freeze, some frozen green beans, and can make scalloped, au gratin, or hash brown casserole potatoes from available ingredients. If I need more vegetarian stuff for him, I can just double the potatoe casserole and open a can of whole kernel corn. And, assuming I have enough eggs, make some deviled eggs. There are some frozen Cheesecake Factory brown bread rolls and some pecan tarts left over from Thanksgiving, all out in the garage deep freeze with the ham.

I haven't had any wine or other alcohol since about a week prior to the surgery and won't be having any until at least a week (and probably longer) after the surgery, so definitely not before Tuesday or Wednesday night.

I may ease back in with hard cider. We have a six pack in the refrigerator that's nice and chilled.

Enjoying the soothing cool of the ice packs for five more minutes, and then I'll get my next cup of tea. I may have some Biscoff cookies with that cup, or with coffee later.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Irene-glad you are feeling better.
    Vix-how fun to spend time with the grandchildren.
    Ed-seems like you are recovering nicely.
    Currently it is raining hard here. The temp. is 45F. Today I have a follow up eye appt. This should be the last one for at least 6 months. Our concert has been rescheduled for 12/20.
    Have a great day and stay dry! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 0 (Celsius) clear degrees (feels like -4!) with an expected sunny high of 10 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Back to the old grind after the mostly lazy weekend.

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    lots of rain have a great day
  • eku0
    good morning
    Ed, glad you are feeling better and were able to get out. It's hard to just stay home and relax. I hope the achiness and bruising are improving.
    Jo, nice that your concert is scheduled for December, the one in Baltimore was rescheduled for February. Glad all is well with your eyes. Must be nice to not wear glasses!
    Irene, we had heavy rain all day yesterday, then it snowed a little in the middle of the night, so there is a layer of white over everything. It's sunny out, so I'm sure it will be melting off soon. Pretty for now. ❄️⛄
    We stopped by my daughter's house last night and lit the candles with the little ones, and they opened the rest of their presents from us. It was fun.
    Our new dishwasher is supposed to be delivered this morning, then they are supposed to call us with a time they will be back to install it.
    It's currently 33F, 0.5C. Partly cloudy skies. High 44F, 7C. Winds WNW at 15 to 25 mph. Higher wind gusts possible.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week. ✨🌤️🕎🎄🍷🧤
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have -2 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 12 and 2% chance of precipitation.

I managed a full day yesterday. Jason is at our office in Murrell's Inlet, SC for the week. He traveled yesterday, with the assembled unit I have been testing. I helped load it into his car only to the extent of keeping the cart from rolling down the driveway while he lifted the device.

He'll be demonstrating the device there, and our sales manager and vice president of operations will be taking it to a trade show to demo, next week I think.

I wouldn't have minded having it here for a bit more testing, but this project has been hot for a while and the trade show defined deadlines for it.

Now I'm having to re-boot my brain to work on some of the other stuff that had been somewhat on hold.

I managed to do everything without Jason here, though there is still some pain and swelling. Some of it was done rather slowly, but it was done. LOL. Nothing extraordinary, painwise, and it has after all only been a week (this afternoon) since the surgery, and the expected minimum time to all that going away is at least a month.

We have a co-worker who lives fairly nearby, and I can call on him if something comes up that I can't manage. I don't think I will need to. And Jason will be back Friday evening.

Ice packs several times a day, along with a little ibuprofen and I'll keep sailing along.

• eku0
    good morning
    Sorry you have to be alone for a few days, Ed. It's tough when you're not feeling well. Good to take things slow and easy. I hope the ice packs help.
    We got our new dishwasher yesterday, and surprise!, they installed it when they brought it. Yay!
    I cleaned the bathrooms and did some laundry, yesterday. Found and set up my holiday card holder, and am reading an easy book.
    We have a craft session at the preschool with our grandchildren this a.m., and then I will go to my Clay Crafters group in the afternoon. Busy day.
    It's currently 28F, -2C. Sunny. High 47F, 8C. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a fun Tuesday. 🌞🧤🕎🎄🍷
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have -1 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 15 and 3% chance of precipitation.

I actually slept through last night without getting up even once. That was nice. I did wake up 10 minutes before the alarm but that close does not count! I spent a few minutes cuddling the cats before getting out of bed.

The big demo at the home office is today, for staff and one VIP guest. And then the unit will be presumably ready to travel to the trade show. I don't know if today's demo will be livestreamed for us remote workers or not, but that's not terribly important to me because we had the unit right here in my office space for development and testing so I've seen it in action. There are a few new bells and whistles already, but if I don't see them, I can run them shortly in emulation.

Dinner last night was frozen pizza with turkey sausage. Lunch today will be the same.

It's nearly time to put the ice pack I'm currently using away, to refreeze for later use.

• Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Currently 41F and sunny.
    Ed-Thats good that you slept through the night. I unfortunately did not. Sophie was being a cry baby off and on all night. I don't know what her problem was because she had water and plenty of dry and wet food.
    Hi Irene and Vix.
    I worked this morning and now I am getting ready to do a little housework.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • eku0
    Hi,
    Good that you slept through the night, Ed. Good that you're feeling better.
    Jo, I hope Sophie's ok. I hope you sleep better tonight.
    Hi Irene.
    I haven't been sleeping well either, up in the middle of the night. I had a massage this morning which was really nice.
    We ran our new dishwasher last night, nice and quiet, dishes all sparkly clean. :)
    It's currently 43F,6C. Abundant sunshine. High around 45F, 7C. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
    Need to exercise and catch up with some things around the house.
    Wishing all a happy 🐫 day! 🌞🕎🎄🧤🍷

• parityanimal
    edited December 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 5 (Celsius) clear degrees (feels like 4) with an expected sunny high of 14 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I did not sleep through last night, but that's really not unusual as I do sometimes have to get up for the bathroom in the middle of the night anyway, depending on how much fluid I drank, how late I drank it, how high my glucose was at bedtime, etc.

Yesterday's demo went really well, from what was posted in the Teams chat.

And, based on deposits to my bank this morning, we have received a Christmas bonus check!

This morning I worked on building up stamina, by making sausage gravy and biscuits for my breakfast. Can't really sit down while making gravy! So there was a bit of extended standing involved, though not too long.

I enjoyed this breakfast immensely and now I'm sitting at my desk sipping tea.

Not sure what's on the work agenda for today so will see in a while.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, glad the demo went well. Congrats on the Christmas bonus. Yay! Glad you're feeling a bit better everyday.
    Hi Jo and Irene.
    My massage was wonderful yesterday, but wears off pretty quickly. I made applesauce yesterday. Simple, but tastes so much better than the kind in jars.
    Going to see our son and family this morning (and babysit a little while), and our daughter and family this evening. Joyful day. 🥰💗
    It's currently 26F, -3C. Sunny. High near 45F, 7C. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a wonderful Thursday and Happy Last Night of Chanukah! 🌞🕎🎄🧤🍷
  • IreneMurman
    good afternoon,
    been busy finishing Christmas shopping and wrapping gifts glad I am done
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon,
    Ed-congratulations on your Christmas bonus and your demo going well.
    Irene-good that you are all done with shopping and wrapping.
    Vix-applesauce, yummy! I think everything homemade tastes so much better than store bought. Have fun with the grandchildren.
    Nothing new going on here.
    Have a good evening! :)
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2023
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 0 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected sunny high of 14 and 1% chance of precipitation.

Hoping for a slow work day, but it will be what it will be. I have things to test and one running process I'm watching in the background.

a2w5le8x7s21.png