Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 51F and sunny.
    Irene-I am glad George is feeling better.
    Hi Vix and Ed.
    Today I treated myself to a manicure and pedicure. I also did laundry, 30 min. on the elliptical, washed the kitchen floor, worked on getting a stain out of my husband's wool sweater and ran a few errands. I am now in for the rest of the day and will probably read.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,365 Member
    edited November 2023
    good morning
    Jo, how nice, a mani-pedi! It's good you treat yourself after all that work!
    Hi Irene and Ed.
    Yesterday, I wrote out a few holiday cards, picked up some stamps at the post office and did a tiny bit of holiday shopping at TJMaxx. I ordered some newborn sleep and play outfits online which I will pick up today. Maddie is swimming in her 0-3 month clothes. They've ordered some smaller clothes, but I figured a few extra might be good.
    It's currently 33F,0.6C. Forecast for snow showers this morning.( I don't see any, maybe some flurries later. ) Becoming partly cloudy later. (It's very cloudy now!) High near 35F, 2C. Winds WNW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 40%. Definitely chilly out there!
    No stained glass today, so I can exercise before I go to my clay crafting.
    Wishing all a fine Tuesday. Stay warm. 🌨️❄️🧤
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,306 Member
    My post keeps getting eaten again. But I'm here.

:)
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 39F. It is sunny but chilly.
    Quiet day today, nothing going on. I still have to do my 30 min. on the elliptical and then I will probably read.
    Have a good day! :)
  • eku0
    edited November 2023
    good morning
    Ed, glad you're still here. ;) Hope you're having a good week.
    Jo, I upped my elliptical time to 30 minutes yesterday, it's getting too chilly most mornings to go for a walk, but I may go later if it warms up a bit. Wasn't sleeping well last night, so I finished the book I was reading.
    Yesterday, I went to clay crafters, and I stopped at Target and picked up those little sleep and plays I ordered. They are soooooo tiny!!! We're planning to visit on Friday. So nice to spend time with Josh, Alyssa, and sweet little Maddie. Also planning to visit Jennie, Steve, Will and Lilly on Saturday, if not sooner. 🥰
    It's currently 20F, -7C. Partly cloudy skies. High 38F, 3C. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. BRRRRRRR!!! I guess winter weather had to hit eventually.
    Our housecleaner is coming today and I have plenty of things to do around the house.
    Wishing all a happy 🐪 day! Stay warm!🌤️🧤🍷 (I need a cozy fire emoji!)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have -4 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 12 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I picked all the remaining tomatoes in anticipation of the cold, and they are on the kitchen counter to see if the greenest ones might still ripen. If not, then perhaps fried green tomatoes are in my future.

While there are still some issues with the latest project, we are all working hard on it as it needs to be ready to demo fairly soon. We have it at a stage where it could be demonstrated, as long as we are in control of the demo because we know what not to try. LOL.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,160 Member
    good morning,
    I did get some shopping done the other day still need to do more.
    Yesterday I went and got my hair done
    take care
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    I worked this morning and then ran a few errands. The fire alarm went off in one of the stores I was in. We all had to
    go outside to wait for the firemen to give the all clear for us to go back in.
    Currently it is 35F with a high of 37F. It is sunny and chilly.
    I made toffee yesterday for the first time. It was a trial run. I plan to make candy this year as gifts instead of cookies.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have -1 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected toasty, partly cloudy high of 16 and 2% chance of precipitation.

More testing today, and the company owner wants me to generate a couple of dozen sales tickets on our demo machine so he can have that data to fool around with and generate his own reports and such. He's very invested in this particular project.

I also have to continue to build a product tree/picklist which I got started on yesterday, but don't want to move farther on without talking to the team to verify some things.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    edited November 2023
    good morning
    Ed, sounds like a tough project. Good luck with it. Enjoy the last of your tomatoes!
    Irene, good for you for getting some shopping done. Always a treat to get your hair done!
    Jo, cold day to be outside for a fire alarm! brrr. Good luck with your candy making. It sounds like fun.
    I had a surprisingly fun day yesterday. Will decided he wanted a grandma/grandpa day, so we picked him up early afternoon from preschool and got to play with him all afternoon, reading, coloring, chatting, some general running around chasing games. We also watched Polar Express on TV. He really liked it. 🥰
    It's currently 40F,4C. Sunshine to start, then a few afternoon clouds. High 52F,11C. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. A bit warmer than yesterday, maybe I'll get outside later. All the things I ordered online have been shipped. :)
    Wishing all a pleasant Thursday. 🌞📫🍷
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 9 (Celsius) rainy degrees (feels like 8) with an expected cloudy high of 12 and 100% chance of rain.

I have a number of additional items to add to the picklist yet. It's tedious, but necessary. Once it's finished, I should be able to generate a lot of tickets for the big boss.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, I remember a lot of testing workups to be tedious, but necessary, trying to make sure you hit all the possible glitches. Programming was my favorite job. :)
    Hi Jo and Irene.
    I went to the library, the post office and wandered around TJMaxx for a while yesterday. Picked up one more present.
    It's currently 40F, 4C. It's kind of gray outside. Cloudy skies with periods of rain this afternoon. High 46F, 8C. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 90%.
    I have an acupuncture appt this a.m., and hoping to visit Josh, Alyssa, and Maddie sometime today.
    Wishing all an easy Friday! 🌧️🧸🍷
  • Joanne3366
    Vix-Happy Birthday? I hope you have a wonderful day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 12 (Celsius) foggy degrees with an expected overcast high of 17 and 69% chance of precipitation.

I may get out for cat food and a few groceries today.

• IreneMurman
    good morning,
    vix have a great birthday!
    got some more shopping done yesterday
    take care
  • eku0
    good morning
    Thanks for the birthday wishes.
    We spent time with family yesterday, and I held Maddie for a long time. She is soooo sweet. Alyssa is starting to feel better and has her gallbladder surgery scheduled for Monday. Josh is tired but enjoying being a Dad.
    We'll be going to see Jennie, Steve, Will, and Lilly in a little while. They called me this morning. Will asked if he could blow out my candles. 🤣
    It's currently 51F, 11C. Cloudy skies with some morning fog. High 63F,17C. Winds light and variable. Warmed up for my birthday! :)
    Wishing you all a fun Saturday! 🎂
  • parityanimal
    edited December 2023
    Happy Birthday, Vix! Be sure to let Will know that you still have enough breath to blow out your candles, but by all means let him do that for you. LOL.

I got the cat supplies and some convenience foods (frozen heat and eat) for my recovery period. Jason may be sent out for food sometimes too. I went out to get him whatever he wanted in his first few days of recovery last month, so fair is fair!
  • IreneMurman
    Good Sunday morning,
    Its a raining morning here everyone enjoy your day
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 17 (Celsius) cloudy degrees (feels like 16) with an expected cloudy high of 19 and 15% chance of precipitation.

I probably could have waited on the shopping until today, but that's fine. I managed to get out yesterday when it was only foggy, with a tiny bit of mist in the air.

Maybe a little house cleaning today.

• eku0
    good morning
    Ed, when is your surgery? (Dec 5?) Good that you picked up some supplies. Thanks for the birthday wishes. It was so much fun. Will actually picked out my cake. He liked it because it had flowers on it. Will and Lilly both sat on my lap and we blew out the candles together after they sang Happy Birthday to me.😂🥰
    Irene, it's raining here too!.
    Hi Jo!
    It's currently 49F,9C. Areas of patchy fog early. Cloudy. Periods of rain this morning. High 57F,14C. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a relaxing Sunday. ☔🎄🕎🍷