Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,306 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 4 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly sunny high of 11 and 1% chance of precipitation.

The NRF show is, I believe, still going on today. There were a few bumps yesterday, mostly related to connectivity issues, but I think they had a good day.

I need to slip out sometime today or tomorrow to get a new car battery before the arctic chill hits us the worst.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,365 Member
    edited January 15
    good morning
    Jo, we had a little snow yesterday too, but it disappeared later. It's snowing again this morning. Kind of pretty.
    Ed, hope you get out to get your new battery. Good luck with the show.
    Hi Irene.
    I did some laundry yesterday and baked some cookies. I need to do the sheets and towels today.
    Our housecleaner is supposed to come today.
    It's currently 22F,-6C. Variably cloudy with snow showers. High 29F,-2C. Winds light and variable. Chance of snow 70%. About one inch of snow expected. Brrrr.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week. ☕🌟❄️☃️🧤🍷
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,160 Member
    Good morning,
    pretty chilly here today it is 25 here we might get snow tomorrow have a great day everyone
  • parityanimal
    UPDATE:

I did get out for that new battery, during lunch today, and was pleasantly surprised that there was no wait and the nice young man at Autozone installed it quickly and efficiently. I was in and out in less than 15 minutes.

The Arctic blast will be arriving here Tuesday night, with the temperature expected to get down to -10C/14F.

I figured that cold snap might well be the final blow to the old battery. I have been getting low battery warnings on especially cold nights, and it hadn't been holding a charge as well or as long as it should.

I do NOT need to wake up on Wednesday to a dead battery when I have a doctor's appointment that day. Not that it's ever really convenient to wake to that. Besides, that cold snap may kill a lot of iffy batteries and they will probably have a run on batteries shortly. I figured it would be a good idea to beat the rush.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    good morning
    Irene, hope you enjoy the snow!
    Ed, good that you got your new battery!
    Jo, I think you're probably getting a lot more snow than we are here. Stay safe.
    We got a few inches of snow yesterday. It snowed all day, very light and fine. They cleared the roads last night, and just went by again now. We may get some more snow or wintry mix this morning and roads will probably be slippery. Schools are closed and craft day is cancelled.
    It looks pretty! ❄️⛄
    It's currently 24F, -4C. Cloudy. High near 30F, -1C. Winds NW at 15 to 25 mph.
    Wishing all a pleasant day. Be careful out there. Stay warm! ☕🧤🧣🧦🥾
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 0 (Celsius) degrees (feels like -5) and rain/freezing rain, with an expected cloudy high of 1 and 98% chance of precipitation. BRRRRRRRR!

The current forecast for tonight calls for a low of -11 Celsius, which is about 12 Fahrenheit. I am feeling very glad about buying that new battery. Hope Jason's battery holds up. Cold snaps like this are battery killers.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Good afternoon,
    Currently 33F andI raining. We woke up to snow this morning, it snowed most of the morning. I got out and shoveled
    before it started to rain. If I waited it would have been too heavy.
    I just hope it doesn't get really cold and everything ices over.
    Have a good day and stay safe! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have -11 (Celsius) clear degrees (feels like -17) with an expected sunny high of 2 and 1% chance of precipitation.

We had the fire going late last night and I may get it going again shortly.

• eku0
    edited January 17
    good morning
    Jo and Ed, seems like it's colder in the mid Atlantic than north or south. I think it's supposed to be warmer again next week. I think winters used to have the colder weather for at least a month or 2, not just a week here and there.
    Hi Irene.
    Pete got the snow blower going yesterday, so our driveway and sidewalks are fairly clear, though everything is iced over. Sunshine today will help, sometimes melts the ice even when it's below freezing.
    Saw our daughter's family late afternoon yesterday, always fun. 🥰 And I made a big pot of butternut squash soup. Yum.
    I have an acupuncture appt later this morning, and am planning to stop at the library on the way back.
    It's currently 11F,-12C. Abundant sunshine. Cold. High 26F, -3C. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph. Looks like we're expecting more snow on Friday. I'm glad it's sunny.
    Wishing all a happy 🐫 day! 🌞⛄☕
  • IreneMurman
    Good morning,
    wow its 15 here and all ice our walk was like right around the block to slippery and cold to go any farther.

Stay warm my friends
  • parityanimal
    Wednesday afternoon update:

Got a low battery warning for Jason's car this morning, so I drove his car to my endocrinologist appointment. On the way home I stopped at AutoZone and bought a new battery for his car. It turned out his old 2 year guaranteed battery was about 4 years old, so I guess we got our money's worth out of it. I didn't check the date sticker on my old battery when I had it replaced on Monday, but I'm pretty sure we got our money's worth out of that one too.

Now I feel OK about the Arctic weekend we are facing.

I did get the fire going shortly after my earlier post, and we're letting it burn all day today because it is so cold.

Oh, the endocrinologist was very happy with the numbers from my lab draw last week. And so am I!

• parityanimal
    edited January 18
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have -7 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected mostly sunny high od 9 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I woke up really dry this morning, but a glass of electrolyte replacing fluid helped with that. It's been a dry cold spell, aside from the initial bit of rain right at the beginning.

I picked up burgers last night, from the Burger Fi that's about half a mile away. It was a nice dinner.

Breakfast this morning: biscuits and gravy with sausage. Great food for cold weather.

As it's supposed to be a bit warmer today, I don't think I'll have the fire going all day like yesterday. Maybe this evening for a bit, after sunset.

Now that we've gotten past the trade show, we don't have to concentrate on the self checkout module so much, and can got back to some other hot projects that had been temporarily back burnered. Should be fun!

• eku0
    good morning
    Lots of ice here too, Irene. Not great days for walking!
    Ed, good that you got a new battery for Jason too. I got nice new tires this year, so feel safer on the roads. Glad your endocrinology appt went well and your numbers are good. :) We have a gas fireplace so basically flipping a switch. It usually takes several flips the first time we fire it up for the season.😂 I kind of miss the wood fireplace, but this is less messy. Have fun with your other projects.
    Hi Jo, I guess things are frozen there too.
    It's currently 21F, -6C. Forecast for partly cloudy (actually completely cloudy!) this morning, then becoming cloudy during the afternoon. High near 35F, 2C. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Snow showers are expected overnight and into tomorrow, with some more accumulations tomorrow.
    It is a bit warmer today (at least it may make it over freezing!).
    All is well. Will see what the day brings.
    Wishing all a fine Thursday. Stay warm and safe. ☕☃️🥾🧤🍷
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Good afternoon
    The temp is currently 26F. We have ice at the bottom of the driveway, but the rest of the driveway is clear.
    Ed-nice that your numbers are good. After I got a new battery for my old car, I was told to drive the car at least
    100 miles to reset all of the emissions in the car's computer. In MA we have to have our cars inspected every year, mine failed
    after getting a new battery. The mechanic told me to drive 100 miles and then come back and he would inspect it again.This
    time I passed the emissions test.
    Irene-I don't blame you for not walking very far when it is icy.
    Vix-What a fun way to spend your afternoon, with the grandchildren. I think we are expected to get snow also on Friday.
    Have a good afternoon and stay warm. :)

• parityanimal
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon
    The temp is currently 26F. We have ice at the bottom of the driveway, but the rest of the driveway is clear.
    Ed-nice that your numbers are good. After I got a new battery for my old car, I was told to drive the car at least
    100 miles to reset all of the emissions in the car's computer. In MA we have to have our cars inspected every year, mine failed
    after getting a new battery. The mechanic told me to drive 100 miles and then come back and he would inspect it again.This
    time I passed the emissions test.
    Irene-I don't blame you for not walking very far when it is icy.
    Vix-What a fun way to spend your afternoon, with the grandchildren. I think we are expected to get snow also on Friday.
    Have a good afternoon and stay warm. :)

Our emissions tests work the same way. I guess maybe that's universal with modern cars. Since we aren't due for our testing until September, for either vehicle, we shouldn't have any problem this time. I do remember having to get out on the interstate with both cars one year, and just driving out for 50 miles and then driving back to get everything properly reset.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 4 (Celsius) cloudy degrees (feels like 0) with an expected mostly sunny, windy high of 6 that I think we may have already passed, earlier this morning. The hourly forecast doesn't show it getting higher than 4 degrees Celsius for the rest of the day and dropping a bit before it gets there. Then dropping to horribly cold overnight again. We have a wind chill advisory in effect.

Not sure what will be considered the hottest project for me to look at today. I know what's hot for the programmers, but have doubts they'll have anything ready to test on that project. But I have plenty to work on.

I have the fire going. All that takes for us is to open the flue, turn a valve, and light the fire with a barbecue lighter or fireplace match.

Dinah is in my lap helping to keep me (and her) warm.

• IreneMurman
    Good morning,
    Just got back from a walk around the block it is snowing really heavy so I will get the rest of my walk on the treadmill
    stay safe everyone
  • eku0
    edited January 19
    hi,
    My post from this morning seems to have disappeared. So here we go again.
    Jo, it seems there's always ice at the bottom of the driveway after clearing it! Good info about the battery and emissions test. I didn't know that.
    Ed, enjoy your projects. Our emissions test are every 2 years. I thought it had been a while, so looked it up.
    Irene, it really is awfully cold outside for a walk. Treadmill works. ;)
    Looking ahead, this freezing weather should be leaving about Tuesday.
    I put our fireplace on the last 2 days for a while in the afternoon when I was reading. Very cozy.
    It snowed overnight and is continuing.
    It's currently 26F, -3C (that was this morning, now 29F, -2C). Snow will transition to snow showers later this afternoon. High 29F,-2C. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 90%. Snow accumulating 1 to 3 inches (looks like it's already done that and it's still snowing).
    Wishing all an easy Friday. Be safe out there. Stay warm. ☕☃️🥾🧤🍷
  • IreneMurman
    Good morning,
    It snowed all day yesterday so we have lots of snow. Today its only 15 it looks like it is going to be a really cold day.
    Stay safe everyone
    Vix enjoy your fire place I haven't had mine on yet this year I need to be careful because of my asthma
    hi Ed and Jo
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have -8 (Celsius) sunny degrees (feels like -16) with an expected sunny high of -1 (maybe 0 if we're lucky) and 0% chance of precipitation. I'll probably get out for groceries this afternoon.

The fire is already going. I lit that as soon as I got up.