Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,306 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 1 (Celsius) clear degree with an expected partly cloudy high of 15 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Still laundry to fold. I wish Dinah would just get that done. LOL.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,365 Member
    good morning
    Irene, good luck with your MRI and your surgery. I hope they can remove them laparoscopically.
    Jo, take it easy and give yourself time to feel better. My friend was not feeling well yesterday and couldn't make it, she was taking herself to urgent care. I hope she's ok.
    Ed, this morning I folded the laundry that I had to hang dry. I love the name Dinah!
    (My father was friends with Dinah Shore. He always said he met her in Atlanta, but her bio doesn't show she was there, so he probably met her in NYC. He would have been 121 on 2/1. 😏 Dad trivia! 💗)
    I have a massage scheduled for this morning. Yay!
    It's currently 32F, 0C. Partly cloudy this morning, then becoming cloudy during the afternoon. High 54F, 12C. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a pleasant Thursday! ☕🌤️
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 7 fair degrees with an expected cloudy high of 18 and 45% chance of precipitation.

Still laundry to fold. LOL.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,160 Member
    Good morning
  • eku0
    good morning
    Turns out my friend has pneumonia. Good she went and got antibiotics.
    I made some butternut squash soup yesterday, sauteed the onion, garlic and ginger in broth instead of oil, and added a bit more cinnamon than usual. It came out really sweet. Don't know if that's from the change in my recipe or a very sweet squash.
    Going to pick up our grandson from daycare this afternoon for some special time.
    It's currently 40F, 4C and overcast. A morning shower in places; otherwise, warm with times of clouds and sun, high of 62F, 17C expected; turning much cooler early next week; it will feel more like February again.
    Wishing all an easy Friday. ☕⛅🤸
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Good morning;
    Currently 39F with a high of 47F. We had a few rain showers this morning.
    Vix-enjoy your time with your grandson. <3
    Hi Irene and Ed.
    I am feeling fine now. I went grocery shopping, to the library and the dollar store this morning.
    I am going to have hubby help me take some boxes down out of the attic. It is time to do a little decluttering and get rid
    of things that I haven't used in many years.
    I also have boxes of my son's, daughter's and sister's things stored up there. When my son comes to visit this summer I
    will have him go through his boxes. My sister lives in Florida now, so I don't know when she will get her boxes.
    Have a good day! :)
  • eku0
    good morning
    Jo, I'm glad you're feeling better. That's ambitious to clean out those boxes! I haven't done any of that in a long time, though I should.
    Hi Ed and Irene.
    We had fun with Will yesterday. I showed him how to make paper mache, we baked some cookies, and played outside for a while. He is such a joy❣️
    It's currently 52F, 11C. Mostly cloudy and mild with a shower around from midday on, high of 61F, 16C expected; a storm is on the way early next week.
    No special plans, will see what today brings.
    Wishing all a wonderful weekend! ☕☁️🥂
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 12 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 18 and 59% chance of rain.

I still have laundry stuff to work on, and need to get out for a few grocery items and cat food.

The cats let me sleep in until about 8:45 and then Dinah insisted I get myself out of bed.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,160 Member
    Good morning,
    Is anyone watching the super bowl today?
    This week I am pretty busy with medical test I will be glad when it is all over.
    hope you all have a great Sunday
  • eku0
    good morning
    Jo, how are the boxes coming along?
    Ed, I washed all the bedclothes yesterday including the comforter, always fun squishing that into the washer. 😂
    Irene, I'm sure Pete will watch at least part of the super bowl. I'll probably watch off and on. Good luck with all your medical tests this week. I hope you get good results.
    It's currently 49F,9C. A couple of showers this morning; otherwise, cloudy and cooler. High of 52F, 11C expected.
    Wishing all a relaxing Sunday! Enjoy the super bowl if you watch. ☕☁️🏈🍷
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 16 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected high of 19 and 65% chance of precipitation.

I got my grocery shopping done yesterday, but after Jason's lunch and our supper, I could definitely have used another dozen eggs on the list. I may get out today and get more eggs. Still laundry to fold, and more in the bins to wash.

We aren't really interested in the Super Bowl, other than the half time show and the commercials, which I can catch on YouTube shortly afterward.

• Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 49F and cloudy.
    Irene-good luck with you tests this week. I will probably watch the game off and on.
    Vix-I went through a few boxes, still more to do. I now have to decide what to do with the items that I don't want.
    Years ago I used to sell Avon products and I won a lot awards and I have a lot of collectables.
    Ed-I like to see the new commercials during the super bowl and sometimes the halftime shows.
    We went out to breakfast this morning to a new place. The food was good, but the coffee was awful. If we go there again,
    I will get tea.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 14 (Celsius) rainy degrees with an expected rainy high of 15 and 100% chance of precipitation.

Still laundry to fold.

• eku0
    edited February 12
    good morning
    Ed, grocery shopping and laundry are never-ending!
    Jo, good for you for getting through a few boxes! I'm glad there are charities that will pick things up. Do you have Green Drop in your area? I wish I could find a consignment shop nearby for some of the things.
    Always good to find a new restaurant.
    Irene, good luck this week.
    Will came over for a little while yesterday while the rest of the family went shopping. They all stopped over after. It was fun, as usual. We all got silly. 🥰
    It's currently 46F,8C. Cloudy with a little rain this afternoon; high of 51F,11C expected.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week (even though it looks a bit gloomy at the moment). ☁️☕🌟🍷🍸
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 47F and sunny. We are expected to get a winter storm later tonight into tomorrow, about a foot of snow. Trash pick up
    has already been postponed until Wednesday.
    Today I made cookies to take to work for Valentine's day and I also tried my hand a making bread. It has been many years since I
    made any. I am waiting for the bread to come out of the oven and then I am going to the library.
    Have a good day. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 5 (Celsius) cloudy degrees (feels like 1) with an expected partly cloudy high of 12 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Plenty to discuss at work today! There is no laundry to fold, but some that should get into the washer, then the dryer, and then there will be laundry to fold.

• eku0
    good morning
    Irene, hope all is going well.
    Jo, how sweet of you to make cookies for work. I hope your bread turned out well. I tried it once or twice, but wasn't good at it, heavy bread! 😂🤣🤣
    Ed, enjoy your work discussions!
    We had some snow this a.m., and looked like it was going to keep going, schools were delayed or closed today, depending on what site I checked, so craft sessions were cancelled. The sun came out for a few minutes and now it's overcast again, but doesn't look like any precipitation. Oh, well. Nice not to make the drive.
    It's currently 33F,1C; a mix of snow and rain this morning, accumulating an inch or two; considerable cloudiness and breezy; high of 47F,8C expected.
    Wishing all a fine Tuesday, and hope you don't get too much snow or wintry mix! ☕☁️❄️
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 1 (Celsius) clear degree with an expected sunny, toasty high of 17 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Happy Valentine's Day, and happy Ash Wednesday too! The last time this happened was 6 years ago, and Easter that year fell on April Fool's Day. With a leap day this year, Easter falls on March 31 rather than April Fool's Day.

Maybe I'll get some laundry started in a bit.

• eku0
    good morning
    qoa0083v7j4l.png
    Off to acupuncture in a few minutes.
    It's currently 35F. Breezy this morning; otherwise, sunshine and patchy clouds. High of 42F expected.
    Wishing all a wonderful day. 💕
  • Joanne3366
    Happy Valentine's Day! <3
    Currently 31F and sunny. We got a couple of inches of snow yesterday. It was all over by 3pm, so we went out and cleared
    off the cars and driveway. Next snow is for Thurs. into Friday, 1-3 in.
    Vix-The bread didn't turn out so good. I think I proved it too long. It was very dense and didn't rise. I will try again next
    week and maybe use a different recipe.
    Hi Irene and Ed.
    Have a good afternoon. :)