Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,725 Member
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have -1 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 16 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Plenty to work on today!

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,179 Member
    edited February 20
    Options
    good morning
    Jo, a drive sounds nice. We haven't done that in a while.
    Irene, good luck with your surgery tomorrow.
    Ed, I'm sure AI is going to fool/is fooling a lot of people; good to keep abreast of things.
    Yesterday was quiet. Exercised, went for a walk, did some laundry, skimming through a diet book I haven't tried yet.
    It's currently 26F, -3C. Mostly sunny. High 46F, 8C. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph.
    Craft day today, busy.
    Wishing all a fine Tuesday. ☕🌞👩‍🎨
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,124 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    I did get some house work done yesterday plan on cooking some chicken for Sammie and making GSP pie for George its actually German Shepard pie but we call it GSP pie George loves it and he can have it for about 2 nights . I don't use Hamburg I use veggie crumbles taste the same .
    I will let you all know how surgery goes
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good evening;
    Irene-good luck with your surgery tomorrow.
    I have been cleaning out the attic. I have 3 bags to bring to Goodwill tomorrow. It will probably take me another week
    to finish.
    Hi Vix and Ed.
    Currently 33F.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have -1 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 18 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Yet another frigid night with a very warm day.

Not sure what will be ready to test at work today, but we'll see.

Biscuits in the oven for breakfast.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    edited February 21
    Options
    good morning
    Irene, good luck with your surgery today. I'm sure George and Sammie appreciate the meal preps.
    Jo, I'm impressed. It's hard to clean out old boxes of things. I still have some in the basement from when we moved 10 years ago!
    Ed, I guess we're going to get used to the new weather patterns. It's hard to understand why humans are not doing more, though some are trying.
    I'm listening to the birds outside my window this morning, they are very chirpy. 😊🐦
    It's currently 24F, -4C. Sunny skies today with a high of 48°F, 9C.
    No special plans for the day, will probably go out and enjoy the sunny afternoon.
    Wishing all a happy 🐪 day! 🌞🚶‍♀️🌱
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 38F and sunny.
    Irene-Sending good thoughts today.
    Vix-I have boxes from 20 years ago in my attic. It is time to purge.
    Ed-do you make your biscuits from scratch?
    Today I made a trip to Goodwill with 3 huge trash bags full of stuff. I also went to the library and picked up a few books.
    I went through 3 totes of clothes. Hubby has enough polo shirts to last for the rest of his life, most of them still had the tags
    on. I also found a bunch of pants that actually fit and packed up some that are too small. With all good intentions, I will fit
    into them again. :)
    Have a good evening. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Irene, I hope your surgery went well, and you're recovering nicely.
    Ed, warm biscuits for breakfast sounds yummy.
    Jo, good for you for getting through so many boxes, sorting and donating! I also save some of my too small pants, with good intentions. I was wearing them not too long ago. 🙄 I just started reading The Covenant of Water. It's over 700 pages, so will keep me busy for a while.
    We had another afternoon with Will yesterday. I need to figure out more easy things to cook. He seems to really like that. We drew pictures, we made some snacks, we read a book, and we watched some tv.
    It's currently 32F, 0C. Cloudy with occasional showers this afternoon. High near 50F, 10C. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
    I have a massage scheduled later this morning and will probably stop in a couple of stores in Eldersburg while I'm there.
    Wishing all a pleasant Thursday. ☁️🌂💆‍♀️

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 3 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected mostly cloudy high of 20 and 1% chance of precipitation.
    Joanne3366 wrote: »

Ed-do you make your biscuits from scratch?

Sometimes I make my own buttermilk biscuits, and sometimes the easier cream biscuits but lately I've been finding it so much easier to use frozen, ready to bake biscuits. They are not quite as nice as my homemade biscuits usually are, but very convenient.

Breakfast this morning was cheese grits and Spam. I compromise on the grits, using Quick grits (not instant) to save some time, and put in a couple of slices of American cheese.

• Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 41F and sunny.
    Irene-Wishing you a speedy recovery from your surgery.
    Ed-I have never tried the frozen biscuits. I will look for them on my next trip to the grocery store.
    Vix- I remember my kids making ants on a log ( celery sticks with peanut butter and raisins).
    Today was more of the same, purging old stuff.
    Wishing you all a wonderful afternoon and evening. :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 12 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 18 and 13% chance of precipitation.

Leftover pizza for breakfast.

I have some laundry to fold. Other than that I'm hoping for a slow friday.

• eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Irene, wishing you a speedy recovery.
    Ed, a slow day is nice sometimes. ;)
    Jo, ants on a log! Sounds good, and easy. We can try that! Thanks. Good luck with your purging.
    Our house cleaner is coming today. We went out yesterday, I picked up a couple of baby things, and some nice hand soap.
    It's currently 40F, 4C. Areas of patchy fog early. Showers early, then cloudy in the afternoon. High 54F, 12C. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
    Wishing all an easy Friday! ☕☁️🌂🍷
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,124 Member
    Options
    good morning,
    I am doing pretty good not too much pain but doing a lot of resting.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    Currently 41F and drizzle. It is supposed to rain off and on all day.
    Irene-I am glad that you are not in too much pain.
    Ed-I hope you get your slow Friday.
    Vix-Baby things are so cute! Did you save any baby things from your kids to pass on to your grandchildren?
    I saved some things, but so far no grandchildren.
    I worked for a few hours this morning, then went grocery shopping and did a few other errands. Now I have the
    rest of the day to do whatever I want.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    edited February 23
    Options
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Ed-I have never tried the frozen biscuits. I will look for them on my next trip to the grocery store.

I have been getting the Pillsbury Grands Southern (or Buttermilk) frozen biscuits lately, but there may be store brands that are just as good.
  • eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Irene, glad you're feeling pretty good and getting some rest.
    Jo, I did save a few baby things. My daughter's children have a little pink whale and a beige teddy that she had as a baby, and a big toy truck that belonged to our son. I saved a blanket, and a few little outfits. I hope you enjoyed your free time. :)
    Ed, weekend!
    It rained overnight here. It's currently 42F, 6C, expected high of 46F,8C ; more clouds than sun.
    Will see what the day brings.
    Wishing all a relaxing, enjoyable weekend. ☕🌱🌥️🍷
  • parityanimal
    edited February 24
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 13 mostly cloudy degrees with an expected windy high of 16 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I guess we all slept in this morning!

Looks like we are going to have another frigid night.

I need to get a few grocery items.

• eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Glad you got to sleep in yesterday, Ed.
    Hi Irene and Jo.
    Saw Will and Lilly for a little while yesterday. Fun.
    No special plans for today yet, but looks like a nice day weather-wise.
    It's currently 24F, -4C. Sunshine and a few clouds. High 47F,8C. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Warming trend starting tomorrow.
    Wishing all a relaxing, pleasant Sunday. ☕🌞🌱
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 6 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 17 and no (0%) chance of precipitation.

Nothing pressing on my agenda, but could do some house cleaning.

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 4 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected mostly sunny, ridiculously warm high of 23 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I'm feeling tired and the day has barely begun, but perhaps my coffee in a bit will help with that. I've barely started on my tea at the moment.