Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,711 Member
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 12 (Celsius) cloudy degrees (dense fog advisory until 10:00) with an expected cloudy high of 19 and 10% chance of precipitation.

I got the cat food and groceries, but of course the list always continues to grow.

Nothing critical on the agenda today.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    Currently 45F with a high of 56F and rainy.
    Vix-have fun visiting little Maddie.
    Ed-What type of Indian food did you have?
    Hi Irene.
    Hubby and I took my daughter out for breakfast for her birthday (her choice). It is a new place that just opened.
    The coffee was terrible, food was ok.
    Nothing planned for today, but I am sure I will find something to occupy my time.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 14 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 22 and 4% chance of precipitation.

Not sure what is hot on the work plate today, but will find out shortly no doubt.
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Ed-What type of Indian food did you have?

I think the restaurant claimed to be serving Hyderabad style food. We started with some chili potatoes that were a bit of a surprise, as they were french fries tossed in a sweet, slightly spicy chili sauce, with a dipping sauce that looked a lot like fry sauce for American fries. They were delicious!

Following that Jason had ordered malai kofta, and I ordered chole paneer, along with bullet naan (chili garlic) and we enjoyed those very much. Leftovers provided two more meals for Jason.

Well, it looks like I just found out what was hot on the burner today for work!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    Options
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:
    Phony Utility Ads

Search engines, like Google, are so popular that many people use the search feature instead of typing a URL. For instance, people may quickly search for their electricity provider's name to find the online payment portal. And for this week's scam, that's exactly what cybercriminals want you to do. This scam tries to trick you into clicking on a fake ad instead of the billing portal that you’re trying to find. The scammers purchase a variety of fake utility payment advertisements, and you see those ads during your searches. They know that they can trick you more easily if you contact them instead of them reaching out to you.

If you click on one of these ads, you will be prompted to dial a phone number. Dialing the number puts you directly in contact with a scammer. They may try to scare you by saying your bill must be paid immediately. Or they may tempt you with an offer to help you save money—but only if you act now. Neither the advertisement nor the person you are talking to is legitimate. Paying them won’t help with your utility bills, but the scammer might use you to help pay their own bills!

Follow these tips to avoid falling victim to a utility bill scam:

Remember, anyone can purchase an advertisement. Be cautious when clicking on ads, even if they seem relevant to you.
    Scammers often ask you to make payments using unusual methods, such as gift cards or money transfers. If something seems strange about a financial transaction, stop immediately!
    If an offer seems too good to be true, it probably is. Always stop and think before taking action.
    The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4 dot com

Stop, Look, and Think. Don't be fooled.
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,175 Member
    Options
    good morning
    Ed, sounds like the Indian restaurant was a hit. I don't get Indian food very often, but find it delicious. I like the variety of spices.
    Hi Irene.
    Jo, happy birthday to your daughter! 🎂
    Yesterday was really nice. Jen, Steve, Will and Lilly stopped by in the morning for a little while (so cute. Lilly showed us her new big girl undies! 😂 Big potty training weekend for them.) Then we went to visit with Josh, Alyssa, and Madison (adorable and snuggly💗) We went out to brunch, there were tables outside and the weather was gorgeous. We had gluten free Oatmeal quinoa strawberry honey waffles. Yum.
    It's currently 55F,13C. Clouds and some sun this morning with more clouds for this afternoon. High 67F, 19C. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph.
    I have a massage scheduled for early this afternoon, again a pretty beautiful day, so far mostly sunny.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week. ☕🌞🍷
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 49F and cloudy.
    Ed-your Indian foods sounds so good. I also don't get it very often.
    Vix-Sounds like you had a great Sunday!
    Hi Irene-I hope you are feeling better every day.
    I ran a few errands this morning and now I have the rest of the day to myself.
    Wishing everyone a great week! :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 12 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 17 and 98% chance of precipitation.

I think it sounds like a day to stay in.

• eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Ed, rainy here this a.m. too.
    Jo, glad you got some time to yourself.
    Irene, hope all is well.
    Stained glass was cancelled this morning because the leader had other things to do. So I get to leave later for clay crafting.
    I've not been sleeping well. I think I get too hot in the middle of the night, so last night I fetched a lighter blanket I can use to see if that helps.
    It's currently 41F, 5C. Light rain early...then remaining cloudy with showers in the afternoon. High 56F, 13C. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
    Wishing all a fine Tuesday. ☕🌧️☔
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    good morning
    it is raining here looks like its going to rain all day
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Well, despite it being a good day to stay inside, I have to get out in the rain at least down the driveway, to get the garbage and recycle bins to the curb and to pick up the mail from the box.

Hopefully it won't be raining TOO hard when the mail comes in.

The forecast is predicting rain through about noon tomorrow.

Bleah.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 13 (Celsius) rainy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 16 and 93% chance of precipitation. The rain is expected to stop this afternoon.

Not sure what will be hot today at work, but I have my suspicions.

• IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning,
    I have my post op today
    have a great day

It is going to rain again
  • eku0
    Options
    good morning
    It's very foggy here this morning.
    Good luck with your post op, Irene.
    Ed, we have a short driveway so it's not so bad to run out to put trash out or go to the mailbox in the rain.
    Jo, hope you're enjoying your reading and relaxing.
    I will make a trip to the library today. Need to return and pick up books.
    It's currently 48F, 9C. Foggy with occasional rain during the afternoon. High 56F, 13C. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 70%.
    Wishing all a happy 🐪day. ☕🌂🌫️🌧️
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 55 F and cloudy. We are expected to get heavy rains tonight.
    Irene-good luck with your post op appt.
    Ed-better rain than snow.
    Hi Vix.
    After work, I returned some books to the library and picked up a few more.
    Have a good afternoon. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    hi everyone,
    post op went good
  • parityanimal
    edited March 7
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 11 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 22 and 3% chance of precipitation.

I'm glad your post op went well, Irene!

For last night's dinner I made chicken Marsala, an old favorite that I don't make terribly often, so it will stay special. I have a plate leftover for another meal. It may be lunch today, or I may just make a sandwich and have the chicken Marsala for dinner tonight.

myq6o0elo079.png

We'll see what's hot on the work agenda shortly.

• eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Jo, hope you're enjoying work and reading some fun books.
    Irene, glad your post op went well.
    Ed, enjoy your marsala.
    Picked up a couple of books at the library yesterday and stopped by to see the little ones last night.
    Daffodils are blooming!🌾
    It's currently 50F, 10C. Cloudy early with peeks of sunshine expected late. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 61F, 16F. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph.
    Enjoy your Thursday. ☕☁️🌂🌥️
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 14 (Celsius) rainy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 18 and 100% chance of rain off and on all day.

I have the followup from my ultrasound, but the technician didn't make any scary comments and said that it looked good from her point of view. I feel sure the doctor will concur.

We'll see what ends up being hot for today at work.

• IreneMurman
    Options
    Good morning
  • eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Ed, good luck with your follow up.
    Hi Irene and Jo.
    It's currently 42F,6C. A mix of clouds and sun during the morning will give way to cloudy skies this afternoon. High 59F, 15C. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph.
    Housecleaner is coming this a.m. and will see what else the day brings.
    Wishing all an easy Friday. ☕⛅🍷