Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    good morning,
    it is nice out. Tomorrow we are suppose to get rain so I will be sitting outside.
    Ed hope your dentist appt goes good
    take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,711 Member
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 15 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 20 and 73% chance of precipitation that could include thunderstorms.

Dentist went as well as could be expected for an older diabetic. Will probably need a couple of new crowns, and may need a periodontist to work on my gums. She told me to buy an electric toothbrush for better cleaning.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    Ed I use an electric toothbrush it does get your teeth cleaner.
    Hi Vix and Jo
    going to go do the station of the cross have a great day
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,175 Member
    edited March 15
    Options
    good morning
    Irene, I enjoyed the beautiful weather yesterday too, went for a walk, read outside.
    Ed, I've been using an electric toothbrush for over a decade. It's great, the easiest part of my dental routine. (floss, water flosser, and proxabrushes) And the electric toothbrush does make your mouth feel cleaner.
    Hi Jo!
    Stopped by to see the little ones for a few minutes yesterday. 💗
    It's currently 38F, 3C. Warm with more clouds than sun; a morning shower in spots followed by a thunderstorm this afternoon; thunderstorms can bring localized damaging wind gusts
    Expected high of 69°F, 21C. Wind WNW 10-15 mph.
    Will see what the day brings.
    Wishing all an easy Friday. ☕🌱🌂🌥️
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    Currently 38F with a high of 56F and sunny.
    I had a busy week with work and Dr.appts. I have been feeding a stray cat. He comes and sits in the driveway waiting
    for me to bring the food out. He is very skittish and won't eat his food until we go inside and close the door.
    Vix-I haven't gotten very far with the scrapbook, but I will get it done eventually.
    Ed-Orion looks just my Sophie. I love the picture in the bag.
    Irene-Your weather is warmer than ours. It is still a little too cold here to sit outside, but is perfect for walking.
    Grocery shopping today and whatever else the day brings.
    Enjoy your weekend! :)
  • eku0
    edited March 16
    Options
    good morning
    Ended up going out to Frederick yesterday. Stopped at Sierra and went to Common Market, which is a natural food store. Picked up some organic coffee, nuts, popcorn, instant miso soup, and gluten free pasta.
    Looks like it's going to be another beautiful day, a little cooler.
    It's currently 45F, 6C. Sunny. High 63F, 17C. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a happy Saturday and a wonderful weekend! ☕🌞🍭🍷
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 13 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 22 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Last night I popped down to the church again, and this time I chose catfish!

q94qgsgezy16.png

I need to get out to the grocery today, probably. Might wait until tomorrow but today would be a nice day for it. I already have my corned beef for St. Patrick's day, ready to prepare. I'm planning on having kraut with it this year, and mashed potatoes. I may cook some carrots to have on the side as well.

The cats grudgingly let me sleep in this morning, though they did try to get me up early.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    edited March 17
    Options
    good morning
    Ed, I hope you enjoyed your take out. And your St. Patty's dinner tonight.
    I kept busy yesterday. Exercise, walk, and some cleaning, spent some time reading outdoors too, to get in some of the nice weather. It's cooling off the next few days.
    It's currently 51F, 11C. Cloudy skies this morning will become partly cloudy this afternoon. High 61F, 16C. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph.
    Wishing all a peaceful Sunday. ☘️🍀🍻☁️🪻🕊️
    hgf19m97yqwu.png

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 15 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 20 and 15% chance of precipitation.

The corned beef is started in my biggest Crockpot, with the sauerkraut standing by in the refrigerator. Potatoes and maybe carrots will be done later, of course.

I also bought some Swiss cheese and some rye swirl bread, with hopes of having that Reuben sandwich or two from leftover corned beef and sauerkraut.

Any leftover Swiss cheese and bread may be saved for ham and swiss sandwiches after Easter dinner, if they hold up until then. If not, I can buy more!

I need to do some house cleaning I think. I'm behind on that.

ww932pgjkcl3.png

• Joanne3366
    Options
    Happy St. Patrick's Day!
    Currently 57 and sunny. We started out the day with rain.
    We just finish our corned beef dinner, corned beef, potatoes, carrots, turnip and cabbage. I look forward to this every year. :)
    There is a little corned beef left over for us each to have a sandwich. Lots of leftover veggies, but we will eat those during the
    week.
    Have a good day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    St. Patrick's day lunch/dinner and dinner/supper. Lunch had a few carrots, with the peas. Supper had the sauerkraut.

h2tm0qam4a7u.png

2ppslxibynqg.png
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 8 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 14 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I have a tricky issue in one of our programs I'm trying to find the cause for. It only seems to affect local testing for me on my machine but I need to find it to make sure that it won't affect authenticating through the internet when we try to bring this one live for the company. The old version is working well, but we need to get the new (and improved?) version, with more essential features, up an running.

And I have laundry to fold in the intervals.

• eku0
    Options
    good morning
    The corned beef and cabbage dinners sound yummy. We skipped it this year, but did have some roast beef last night. Rarely eat red meat so it was a treat.
    Ed, good luck with the tricky issue.
    I'm just back from blood tests for my yearly physical next week. Will probably make a visit to the library today, and see what else the day brings. It's definitely chillier.
    It's currently 38F,3C. Sunny to partly cloudy. High 49F,9C. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week. 🍀🌞🌟⛅
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    Currently 46F and sunny with a slight breeze.
    This morning I washed the kitchen floor, made cranberry sauce and ran a few errands.
    This afternoon I plan on reading.
    Vix-good luck with your blood work.
    Ed-good luck with your work issues.
    Hi Irene.
    Have a great week! :)
  • parityanimal
    edited March 19
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 0 (Celsius) fair degrees (feels like -3) with an expected sunny high of 15 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I'm hoping that this is the last of the freezing weather. The peonies are already up, and the bananas are trying to leaf out.

Lunch yesterday was a delicious Reuben sandwich with home made dressing on it. Might have the same today for lunch as there is still some corned beef left, and more than enough sauerkraut. Of course there is more Swiss cheese as well, and I can make more dressing. I have barely dented the loaf of marble rye, so might start trying different things with it, such as a savory French toast, or I could just have some as breakfast toast with butter and see how raspberry fruit spread tastes on it. I like playing with my food.

t8dfaunytfip.png

• eku0
    Options
    good morning, hi all
    Running late.
    It's currently 33F, 1C. Snow flurries early (didn't see any). Then partly cloudy this afternoon. High around 50F,10C. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph.
    Off to craft day.
    Wishing all a happy day. 🌤️🌥️😊
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    Currently 42F with a high of 45F.
    Some of my bulbs are starting to poke their heads out of the ground.
    Quiet day here today.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 4 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 22 and 1% chance of precipitation.

Jason and I got some issues with one program figured out yesterday and we have more to look at with other programs. It h'asn't been boring!

And I have laundry to fold.

Today is the first full day of Spring!

w00bdgnpoukr.png

• eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Long craft day yesterday. I got invited to the volunteers luncheon at the end of April for keeping the clay group going. That was a surprise.
    I haven't been sleeping well. Thank goodness reading helps get me back to sleep.
    It's currently 46F here,8C. Partly cloudy. Gusty winds during the afternoon. High 61F, 16C. Winds WSW at 20 to 30 mph. Higher wind gusts possible.
    I need to stop by the library today, and I'm meeting an old friend for lunch. It'll be so nice to see her.
    Wishing all a happy 🐪 day. 🍀⛅🍃
    0be1z3dxxdpm.png
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 7 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 24 and 5% chance of precipitation.

Plenty to test on the work scene today.

There is no laundry to fold. LOL.