Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good morning
    Currently 43F and sunny.
    Irene-I am glad your post op went well.
    Ed good luck at your follow up.
    Vix-I have started to see a few green shoots coming up.
    Grocery shopping and house cleaning all done and nothing else planned for today. :)
    Enjoy the day!
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,175 Member
    Options
    good morning
    Jo, daffodils, hyacinth, and periwinkle are in full bloom here. Housecleaning done yesterday (but it wasn't me!) Glad you're getting some time to relax.
    Hi Ed and Irene.
    We planned a few days trip in May to Asheville, NC. That should be fun.
    It's currently 40F, 4C, raining. Thunder possible. High 52F, 11C. Winds SE at 10 to 15 mph. Rainfall may reach one inch.
    Will see what the day brings. Wishing all a happy Saturday. β˜•πŸŒ§οΈβ›ˆοΈβ˜”πŸͺ»πŸŒ±
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,711 Member
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 13 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected high of 17 and 57% chance of rain.

The doctor said everything looked great.

The work week ended with a bang, as somone in the company opened an email link with malware and in a quick scramble they made everyone change passwords, just in case, and (if they didn't already) utilize 2 factor authentication via an authenticator app on the phone. Well the routine for changing passwords wasn't quite working so the engineering staff was busy helping people with that for an hour or two. I was locked out for an hour and by the time I got back in, I was already 15 minutes past time to call it a day.

I had been slow cooking some spicy beef spaghetti gravy all day yesterday, but not intending to eat any of it until today. The weather almost changed that plan, as it was threatening rain. I wanted to pop down the street to the church for the Friday fish fry they have all through Lent.

Fortunately the rain mostly held off for me and I was able to get down there (close enough to walk, but I didn't) through some light sprinkles, pay $13.00 for a to go plate and get back home. Shortly after I got home the steady rain started falling. Yes, I do have an umbrella, and could have gone even if it was raining, but wouldn't have really felt like dealing with the umbrella, the carryout bag, and my car keys and getting in and out of my van in somewhat tight parking spaces.

So here's what my $13.00 Knights of Columbus fish fry looked like. The fish was a bit dry, and the fries could have been crisper but over all it was pretty good. I did find it odd that they put a sprinkle of paprika on the little tub of cole slaw, as the paprika clashed with the dressing but it was only on top so gone with the first bite or two. The slaw was good, and the hushpuppies were great!

ikqon1lmtg1b.png

I might get out to the grocery today. If not, then probably tomorrow.

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Ed, glad all is well medically. Wow, sorry about the malware. What a hassle. I don't normally eat fried food, but it seems popular at fundraisers. I do like a good hushpuppy occasionally.
    Forgot about daylight savings so got an hour less sleep by mistake. Rained most of yesterday, so far looks the same for today.
    It's currently 40F, 4C. I hear the wind outside. Mostly cloudy and windy with rain showers early. A few flurries or snow showers possible. High 45F, 7C.. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
    Will see what the day brings.
    Wishing all a peaceful Sunday. πŸƒπŸŒ‚β˜•πŸŒ§οΈπŸ•ŠοΈ
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    Currently 49F with a slight drizzle.
    Ed-glad your check up went well. Sorry about the malware.
    Vix-I was still up at the same time, despite daylights savings time.
    Hi Irene.
    Nothing planned for today. I think I will do laundry. Hubby is working on his MG to get it ready to drive when the
    weather warms up.
    Have a good day! :)
  • parityanimal
    edited March 11
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 9 (Celsius) sunny degrees (feels like 5) with an expected sunny high of 14 and 1% chance of precipitation.

We're having a bit of a cool snap, and it may get even cooler for a couple of days. I guess winter is reminding us that it's not quite spring yet!

I had reset all the analog clocks fairly early last night. The cats let me sleep in until 9:11, when I got up.

While Jason has been gone, I've been binge watching Twin Peaks. I never watched it while it was on TV. It is a truly complex, addictive story line with so many subplots and machinations that I have to pay close attention or I'll miss something important.

Dinner last night was spaghetti. I may freeze some of the leftover spaghetti gravy, as there is quite a lot of it.

I might get out to Walgreen's today as there are a couple of things I need from there.

8rmm69xvuvml.png

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 2 (Celsius) clear degrees (feels like 0) with an expected partly cloudy high of 18 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I definitely have some stuff waiting at work.

• eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Jo, I haven't been sleeping well, so I try to go back to sleep when I wake up too early, but the change in time fooled me into thinking I had slept longer! Nice that you'll have an MG to ride around in the warmer weather. My brother had one.
    Irene, hope all is well.
    Ed, pasta is always good. I never watched Twin Peaks, how long ago was that!? We had a little cool snap here too, a bit of snow last night that's all gone now. And it'll be warm again tomorrow.
    Saw the 2 little ones yesterday for a while. That was fun.
    It's currently 34F, 1C. Sunny with gusty winds. High 52F, 11C. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
    Will see what the day brings.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week. 🌬️🌞🌟
  • parityanimal
    Options
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:
    Tax Attacks

Millions of people around the world are paying their taxes this time of year, and cybercriminals are hoping to get paid, too. In this week’s scam, they’re taking advantage of tax season by trying to trick you into opening an email and downloading a malicious PDF attachment. The email they send looks like a government form and includes a link to download the PDF attachment. The scammers even include helpful instructions for pasting the web page URL into your browser in case the link isn’t working.

Clicking the link will redirect you to a fake webpage and initiate a file download. Malware is installed on your computer once the file downloads. Remember, cybercriminals don’t only want your moneyβ€”they also want your data! And they can use this malware to steal your user credentials and other personal data.Β 
    Β Β 
    Follow these tips to avoid falling victim to a tax scam:

The latest software versions for devices often contain security updates. Make sure that your devices are running the latest software updates recommended by your IT team.
    Follow your organization’s instructions for reporting any suspicious emails that you receive. Quickly reporting suspicious emails can help keep your organization safe!
    Be skeptical of unsolicited emails from the government or other financial entities. Always double-check with the organization that sent the form if you have doubts about its authenticity.
    The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4 dot com

Stop, Look, and Think. Don't be fooled.

• Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning,
    Currently 35F and sunny, but very windy.
    I have already made apricot jam and Irish soda bread this morning.
    I am redoing a scrapbook that I made for my daughter starting when she was born. The old one was falling apart, so I bought
    a new album. I took the old one apart so far, now I just have to organize and then put it back together. I plan on working on that
    today.
    Wishing you all a wonderful week! :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning,
    Currently 35F and sunny, but very windy.
    I have already made apricot jam and Irish soda bread this morning.
    I am redoing a scrapbook that I made for my daughter starting when she was born. The old one was falling apart, so I bought
    a new album. I took the old one apart so far, now I just have to organize and then put it back together. I plan on working on that
    today.
    Wishing you all a wonderful week! :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    I almost forgot, today, Monday, March 11, is Orion's official 6th birthday!

080jcku8ywz2.png
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 3 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 21 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I'm still having difficulty waking up when it seems an hour early, but will adjust eventually. I wish they would just stay in standard time all the time or stay in daylight saving time all the time. I don't even much care which one.

We'll see what's hot on the work agenda today.

• eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Ed, I agree. I'd sort of like it in standard time. Scientists think it's better for us. Happy birthday to Orion! What a pretty cat. πŸˆβ€β¬›
    Jo, apricot jam and soda bread sounds delicious. You are so organized. I bought albums, but have yet to organize my pictures.
    Irene, I hope you're doing well.
    It's currently 46F,7C. Partly cloudy. High 66F, 19C. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph.
    A full day of crafts ahead today.
    Wishing all a fun Tuesday. β˜•πŸŒ±β›…πŸƒπŸ‘©β€πŸŽ¨
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    hi everyone,
    been busy our weather here today has been nice almost 70 but I believe it is going to get cold again
    take care
  • parityanimal
    edited March 13
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 6 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 23 and 1% chance of precipitation.

Jason finally got the apartment for his mother signed for and they were going to try to get the moving of furniture at least started last night. I may have to slide some more money into our joint account to help with that but I think there is probably enough there to wait and just slide some more in at the beginning of the month.

Hopefully he'll be back here to Georgia this weekend.

Here is a picture of Orion lurking.

lh4iv8vz991s.png

• eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Irene, hope you enjoyed the warm day.
    Hi Jo.
    Ed, I'm sure it'll be nice to have Jason back. That is such a cute picture of Orion!
    It's currently 47F,8C. Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 69F, 21C. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. Expected warm the next couple of days. Preview of Spring.
    I have an early acupuncture appt this morning, then annual eye appt, which I actually didn't have last year, so catching up!
    Wishing all a happy πŸͺ day! 🌞🌱
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Another beautiful day here going to be in the 70s
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 9 clear degrees with an expected sunny high of 27 and 2% chance of precipitation.

I have a dentist appointment this morning. Whee!

• eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Irene, it's supposed to be even warmer today!
    Ed, good luck with your dentist appt.
    It's currently 50F,10C with an expected high of 77Β°F,25C . Very warm with sun and some clouds; feeling more like May. Wind WSW 6 mph Wind Gusts 13 mph. No chance of rain.
    We saw the 2 little ones for a short while yesterday. Always fun. And I took some time to sit on the porch, reading, and soaking in the gorgeous day.
    I have more instructions from my eye Dr., more drops and an eye mask. I'll be going back next month for my glaucoma test and follow up.
    It's going to be a beautiful day. I am definitely getting outside for a while.
    Wishing all a great day. 🌞 🍭🌈