Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,179 Member
    Options
    good morning
    Ed, not February weather. Some of our daffodils have buds on them already. Hope your coffee perks you up. :)
    Irene, hope you're feeling better every day.
    Jo, hope you had a relaxing weekend.
    It's currently 34F,1C; expecting sun and clouds mixed. High 62F, 17C. Winds light and variable.
    Will probably go to the library later, there are some requests waiting for me. Will see what else the day brings.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week. 🌟☕🌤️📚
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,725 Member
    Options
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:
    Remote Desktop Robbery

In this recent scam, cybercriminals are trying to trick you into downloading software that they can use to access your computer. They start by sending you a fake email that appears to come from your bank. The email says that there is an issue with your account and that their team needs to investigate. Of course, there isn’t actually an issue, but the scammer offers to help you fix it.

Scammers often use fake emails to trick you into downloading malicious files. But in this scam, they have you download legitimate remote desktop software that is normally used by IT professionals to assist you. In this case, even though the software you downloaded is legitimate, the person who is asking you to install it is a scammer. If you allow them to access your desktop, they have full control of your computer. Then they can request passwords or other login information from you to gain access to your financial accounts and data.

Follow these tips to avoid falling victim to a remote desktop scam:

Be suspicious of any unexpected emails claiming that there is an issue with your account. If you have reason to believe the request is genuine, contact your bank using a verified number or email address.
    Never give control of your computer to someone who contacts you, even if they claim to be from your bank or tech support.
    Never share passwords or login information with anyone. This data is personal, and your bank will never ask you for it.

The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4 dot com

Stop, Look, and Think. Don't be fooled.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 14 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with rain showers in the vicinity, and an expected cloudy high of 21 and 18% chance of rain over the day.

Not sure what the work day will bring.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Ed, my bank sends me scam reminders every so often. Just got a 5 page list yesterday!
    We have periwinkle and hyacinth blooming!
    It's currently 42F. Partly cloudy skies this morning will give way to cloudy skies and rain during the afternoon. High 62F. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 70%.
    It's craft day for me. I'm already running late.
    Wishing all a good day. ☕👩‍🎨⛅🌧️🌂
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,125 Member
    Options
    good morning,
    doing better still some cramping but not bad ,I did get the test back and there is no cancer.
    take care
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 18 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 22 and 86% chance of precipitation, that could include thunderstorms. There is another cold front coming through this afternoon with expected lows near, or at, freezing overnight tonight.

We're working hard on something a client wants by Friday.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    edited February 28
    Options
    good morning
    Irene, so glad you're feeling better and there is no cancer, those results are always a relief.
    Jo, hope all is going well.
    Ed, we're getting freezing temps overnight for a couple of nights too. Hope the t-storms are not bad in your area. I like watching lightning.
    Craft day was good yesterday, I need to get to stained glass earlier, an hour isn't enough to get much done.
    It's currently 57F,14C, expected high of 65F, 18C. Becoming windier and warm; cloudy with a couple of showers and a thunderstorm; thunderstorms can bring localized damaging wind gusts. There's a wind advisory for tonight.
    I have an acupuncture appt this morning and need to run some errands.
    Wishing all a happy 🐪day! ☕🌧️⛈️🌬️
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 3 (Celsius) clear degrees (feels like 1) with an expected cloudy high of 13 and 0% chance of precipitation.

I wish we had a couple of weeks of cold insead of all this bouncing back and forth.

Plenty on the agenda for work today.

• eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Ed, the bouncing weather is odd. Our poor gardens don't know what to expect!
    Hi Jo and Irene.
    I got some errands run yesterday, picked up a few things I needed.
    I tried putting some cocoa powder in my coffee. I like it. :smile:
    Will see what today brings.
    It's currently 31F, -1C, high of 44 F, 7C expected. Abundant sunshine and cooler. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
    Wishing all a fine Thursday. ☕🌞🍃
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning,
    it sure got cold overnight it is only in the 30s now.
    hopefully i can get on the treadmill today
    take care
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon,
    Currently 33F and very windy.
    Irene-I am glad that you are feeling better and that no cancer was found.
    Ed-I hope you didn't have to work too hard today.
    Vix-Cocoa powder in coffee sounds good. I will have to try it.
    Yesterday I went to the library. Today after work I went and had my hair colored and a little trim.
    I also did 2 loads of laundry.
    Have a great afternoon and stay warm. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    Good Morning,
    hope everyone has a great Friday
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 5 rainy degrees with an expected rainy high of 6 and 100% chance of precipitation.

I have an appointment for an ultrasound this morning, to check on how well I have recovered from my surgery in December, and to see if there are any developments that are of concern. I don't have any expectation of a problem, and I'm sure all will be fine.

Yesterday we got our new product installed for the client to start testing today.

• eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Irene, sounds like you're feeling a lot better, if you're thinking about getting on the treadmill! Glad you're feeling better!
    Jo, always nice to get some pampering. Laundry is never ending. I've only got about 150 pages left of The Covenant of Water. Verghese is such a good writer!
    Ed, good luck with your ultrasound this a.m. Hope all is well.
    It's currently 36F,2C. Sunshine and a few clouds. High 52F,11C. Winds SE at 10 to 15 mph.
    Sipping my mocha and relaxing. Maybe get out and enjoy the sunshine later.
    Wishing all an easy Friday. ☕🌞🍷
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 41F and sunny.
    Ed-good luck with your ultrasound.
    Hi Vix and Irene.
    Nothing much going on here today, just grocery shopping and reading.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • eku0
    edited March 2
    Options
    good morning
    Jo, sounds like you had a nice quiet day.
    Hi Irene and Ed.
    I cleaned and read a bit yesterday. Periwinkle, crocus, and hyacinth are blooming, daffodils are budding.
    Need some motivation to sort through some things today. I'm really enjoying my mocha.
    It's currently 42F, 6C, light rain this morning. Then remaining cloudy. High 51F,11C. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 90%.
    Wishing all a wonderful weekend! ☕🌧️☔🍸
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 9 (Celsius) misty degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 18 and 5% chance of precipitation.

PetSmart and the grocery store are probably on the agenda for today. Last night we watched the Dune part two at the theatre and were up late after dinner at a new (to us) Indian restaurant that stayed open a bit later than most. The movie was very long, and it was about 9:15 when we got out. By the time we had eaten and left the restaurant, it was about 10:30 and I still needed to feed Remus, and give dental treats to Dinah and Orion, and a few other small things before getting to bed a little before midnight.

Dinah let me sleep in until 8:30 but then insisted that I needed to be up and in the other room.

I'll get around to the cat food and grocery in a while.

• IreneMurman
    Options
    hi all,
    it has been raining here all day hope it stops soon
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    Good Sunday morning,
    Getting ready for mass hope you all have a great day
  • eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Ed, I guess you like the Dune series. I was going to read it, but didn't get around to sci-fi mood. Hope the Indian restaurant was good.
    Irene, we had rain here too. Enjoy your service.
    Hi Jo, hope all is well.
    Off to see Josh, Alyssa, and Madison today. That'll be fun.
    It's currently 42F,6C, sunny here. Areas of dense morning fog. Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 63F, 17C. Winds light and variable. A warm Springlike day!
    Wishing all a wonderful, peaceful Sunday. ☕🌞👪